CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6621 replies to this topic

#1981 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:32 PM

Hey Cheapy, not sure if you have played the game or watched the movie but if you have, could you please share your verdicts on Transformers (2007). I love the movie but I haven't played the game yet so if possible could you review both, and who is your favourite Transformer (mine is Bumblebee). Also I would like to know, since you live in Japan, and your wife is japanese, do you and Shima (correct spelling?) do any traditional japanese things? Thanks Cheapy, hope to get the answer.

Congratulations on the success of the child's play fund.:applause:

http://youtube.com/LittleWildman

#1982 Blaine

Blaine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:40 AM

Cheapy D,

I've been obsessed with the Japanese tradition of the Fukubukuro for a few years now - particularly as it relates to the ones at Super Potato. The thought of getting 25 random Dreamcast games for $8 makes me obscenely jealous.

Surely these 'lucky bags' make your cheapy sense tingle.

Do you ever buy any? You could probably make a cool unboxing video by picking up a 360 fukubukuro - I'm sure it'd be jammed packed considering the consoles popularity in Japan.

And just as a related suggestion: DS, Dreamcast and Saturn bags would make awesome CAGcast give-a-ways.

Shorter question: What do you anticipate will be the first game related product you purchase for 太?

#1983 stonefry

stonefry

Not stoned or fried!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:29 PM

Hey Cheapy, I was on the can yesterday and dropped a big 'ol bomb and although I am sure that that is enough to get this post read on the Cagcast I also made it through the first level of Contra 4 without dying. The moral of the story? You should try playing Contra on the crapper to increase your skillz.

#1984 Apathy

Apathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:20 PM

I'm going to be visiting Japan for the first time in May... what gaming related places in Tokyo are worth checking out (I think my bro-in-law's in Shinegawa if that helps)?

#1985 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:29 AM

What kind of downloadable content would you like to see offered for Mass Effect?

Also, who would you like to interview in the new year again or for the first time?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#1986 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:11 PM

Cheapy,

I think it's time to answer the question that's been on everyone's mind: Have you tried the breastmilk?

#1987 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:10 AM

Cheapy,

I think it's time to answer the question that's been on everyone's mind: Have you tried the breastmilk?

It's far from been on my mind lol.

#1988 PooPooRocket

PooPooRocket

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:25 PM

Hey Cheapy,

It turns out that your favourite IGN Nintendo editor, Matt Casamassina, is married to Golin Harris Vice President Edie Kissko. Golin Harris is a public relations firm that has a Nintento account. And reportedly, Kissko works on that file. This was never disclosed in any of his articles.

Does this apparent conflict of interest taint the articles Casamassina publishes over at IGN? And should this information be disclosed in his writings?

http://www.joystiq.c...nterest-claims/

#1989 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:04 AM

Cheapy,

Classic! :lol:

Sorry Cheapy, but I feel the need to admonish you about something you said in Ep 100.

You chastised sites like Penny Arcade (those Neo Nazis!) and Kotaku about spreading rumours regarding the Jeff Gerstman story. While I agree that sites have a duty to be responsible regarding their stories, when the people in said story (Cnet, Gamespot and Jeff) can't or won't talk about the situation, it doesn't mean there's no truth behind the situation. I don't think it makes Kotaku or Penny Arcade look bad simply because they can't a comment on their story.

#1990 funkpanda

funkpanda

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:23 AM

Hello CheapyD and Wombat, Ive been a fan of your podcast for a few months now and I have to say you two are the greatest and I love to buy you two a beer.

Since I've been listening to the CAGcast, i heard cheapyd has trouble getting laid now. So I wonder, for christmas, did Mrs. CheapyD surprise you with a blowjob? :bouncy:

I think you deserve one.

#1991 ecmazza

ecmazza

CAG, where is my wallet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:21 AM

Cheapy and Wombat,

What is up with the ESRB ratings sometimes? And no, I do not care about the Manhunt 2 crap.

How is Uncharted rated T, while Halo 3 is rated M? Nate curses (at least shit and hell), and you are shooting and killing human beings, and yes, there is blood. MC never curses, and you are shooting aliens. I don't get it sometimes...

Any thoughts?
My BLOG: www.christianspicer.com (stand-up stuff, video game thoughts, random-awesome stuff)
Me on MYSPACE: www.myspace.com/christianspicercomedy
Me on FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook....christianspicer
Me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/spicer
Me on YouTube: www.youtube.com/christianspicer
Posted Image

#1992 Joon2324

Joon2324

$$$$ing Cagtastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

This one goes out to Cheapy.

I'm currently visiting in Taiwan, and after pulling many hours over the holidays I still haven't finished all of my work. Therefore, I am attempting to finish up from overseas, but the lag from offshore servers is killing my efficiency. I'm assuming that opening cag in Japan takes significantly longer than in the states. How does this affect your productivity?

#1993 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:02 AM

Cheapy and Wombat,

What was the worst case of bad customer support you've ever received from a company, video-game related. I ask this because I had purchased Rock Band on the launch day and in the Special Edition bundle, I had received not only a busted guitar, but also half-responsive drums. I called immediately for the drums, and not to my surprise, the box they sent me for replacement was defective as well. It finally took over a month just to receive the box to ship the drums in. I am still waiting, from November 20, 2007 for the guitar box. It generally is supposed to take only one week for the replacement box to arrive, not for me however. And supposedly, I am not elligible for their free game redemption offer because the free game is not given out to drum replacements, even though my guitar is overdue almost 2 months, this is what they told me. However, I doubt anyone has waited as long as this for the Rock band peripheral replacement.

Thanks for your insight.

#1994 NiVRaM

NiVRaM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:39 AM

When do you think "next-generation games" will simply become the "norm". I for one am getting tired of hearing "next-generation" buzzwords, considering that the 360 has been out for 2 years, and the PS3/Wii for 1 year. Additionally, the last videogame generation (gamecube, xbox, ps2) lasted about 5 years. That means we're nearly halfway through this generation, yet we still keep calling it "next-gen"! Shouldn't all this "next-gen" nonsense be considered current-gen by now?

#1995 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:23 AM

When do you think "next-generation games" will simply become the "norm". I for one am getting tired of hearing "next-generation" buzzwords, considering that the 360 has been out for 2 years, and the PS3/Wii for 1 year. Additionally, the last videogame generation (gamecube, xbox, ps2) lasted about 5 years. That means we're nearly halfway through this generation, yet we still keep calling it "next-gen"! Shouldn't all this "next-gen" nonsense be considered current-gen by now?

Very true. I also wonder when graphics are going to become so realistic that they can't get any better.

#1996 Koshirou

Koshirou

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:44 AM

He cheappy

I was just listning to cagcast 92 and someone was suggesting to change your name into CAG.com because company's ignore you because of the ass. But what about changing the name to Cheapssgamer without the a, when you say ss it sounds like ass.

Greetz,

Koshirou

#1997 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

Hey Cheapy. Just something that has been on my mind and I know it has nothing to do with gaming but i'm going to ask anyway, what is your natural hair colour?

#1998 Koshirou

Koshirou

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

Hey Cheapy. Just something that has been on my mind and I know it has nothing to do with gaming but i'm going to ask anyway, what is your natural hair colour?

lol, i just heard this on his podcast(number 96), his natural hair colour is dark brown and he would post a foto somewhere on the forum.

#1999 jakehoss

jakehoss

Now with 50% more "Cool".

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:38 PM

Hey cheapy, i was just wondering.... Why does microsoft suck so much ass. Hopefully you can answer this. thanks love the show.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out my Artwork at http://jakehosmer.deviantart.com/

#2000 xgideonx

xgideonx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

Dear Cheapy and Wombat,

Although it's almost unanimously accepted that Bioshock is a spectacular game that has raised the standard for video games - in particular with regards to storyline, voice-acting, music, and overall presentation - there is a not-so-small contingent of gamers that were underwhelmed with the game's ending(s). I, for one, thought the game was brilliant and was actually moved by the "good" ending. What about it was so offensive to some of the gaming community? Was it the ending's sentimentality or the lack of a throw-down, challenging boss fight? Or perhaps something else? If it's the challenge (or lack thereof) of the boss fight, there are a myriad of games that have come out this year from Portal to Assassin's Creed whose final boss battle was anything but a battle and proved far from epic, yet those games escaped that criticism. As far as the sentimentality of the "good" ending, I, for one, was actually moved and found it wonderfully fitting.

2007 was probably the most important year ever for gamers in that it's the first year where being a gamer became as close to mainstream as it ever has been. It has given us ample ammunition to combat the stereotypes gamers have had to face for YEARS from anti or non-gamers. One of these stereotypes, however, is that gamers lack the capacity for deeper thought and/or emotional connections to things and that they'd rather involve themselves with mindless explosions and mowing down of endless, faceless enemies (i.e. Call of Duty 4). Is the "Bioshock Backlash" an example of this? Are "they" right about us? Say it ain't so, Cheapy!

Love the show,

Gideon

#2001 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

How do you guys feel about the non-gaming related features that are being added to game consoles these days (GPS and Skype for PSP, IPTV functionality for 360, etc)? Are you more likely to embrace such additions and see them as an enhancement to your investment or do you frown upon them as added fluff to distract from actual gaming?

Posted Image

#2002 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

Here is a question for Wombat:

As someone who still works in the Corporate world, are your employer/coworkers aware of your work on the CAGcast or the Gamesblog? Does your boss/coworkers know who "Wombat" is? I am asking because you have said in the past that you would love to make a living in the games industry as opposed to what you currently do. I used to work in the Corporate world and I know that any career goals or thoughts you had that didn't contribute to the "bottom line" of the company were frowned upon. Now that I work on my own I am not exposed to the "Office Space" mentality much any longer.

Also, is your work internet usage monitored making it impossible for you to check out CAG or post on your blog during work hours? If so how do you get around that?

Thanks! (Don't worry this isn't your boss) LOL

Let's go Pens!

#2003 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:20 PM

Guys,

Any predictions on what the free Arcade title that Microsoft has promised everyone will be? Wouldn't you rather have the 400-800 points to buy your own game, rather than have one pre-determined by the company?

#2004 Johnny-C

Johnny-C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:50 AM

Hey guys,

Happy New Year's to you both! I was wondering what you guys thought of these somewhat random game cameos in the new fighting games coming out. The Smash Brothers team has already announced Solid Snake and Sonic, and now there's recent news of Darth Vader and Yoda appearing as playable characters in Soul Calibur 4. Do you think this is a good move to attract more fans, or a gimmick to sell copies of the game without actually having to improve gameplay? Thanks!

#2005 buttle

buttle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:26 AM

cheapy and wombat

captain olimar in super smash brothers brawl.
absolutely amazing.
tell me your not excited for this news.

buttle

#2006 Lounge Gremlin

Lounge Gremlin

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:23 AM

Yo Cheapy,

Is it at all possible to email me the link or mp3 file of that wicked-ass track 'Ass and Tetris'....you know the one....you intro-ed it on the CAGcast 101. I would love to have that track and any others to play to my mates on my iPod.

Any help Cheapy? Email me at pete_brasler@xtra.co.nz or post link to download the track.

If you don't comply I will fry you with my Darth Vadar lightsaber after I've downloaded him in Soul-ed out Calibur. These downloadables are so transparent most of the time. Marketing people.

Thanks again. I think Wombat's suggestion of having Pachter back on the CAGcast is a great one. Looking forward to it.

Later,
Pete

#2007 DM1978

DM1978

CAG since July 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:39 AM

Cheapy D, have you tried "The History Channels The Civil War" for 360? I know you spoke about playing COD4 & The Darkness. CW is a good rentalIMO, especially if your into COD. Give it a try.

I finished COD4 360 & The Darkness this week since LIVE has been running so badly. That's the most singleplayer I've played in a while. I'm halfway through MOH Airborne. It's okay too. I like the L zoom cover system & parachuting

"By Grabthar's Hammer, what a saving." - Sir Alexander Dane(Galaxy Quest)

ccccccccc[]================>

#2008 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:28 AM

hey Cheapy and Wombat, what did you guys think about Omega Five? it's pretty fun but uber hard and oh so pretty. *_*
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#2009 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:01 AM

Yo Cheapy,

Is it at all possible to email me the link or mp3 file of that wicked-ass track 'Ass and Tetris'....you know the one....you intro-ed it on the CAGcast 101. I would love to have that track and any others to play to my mates on my iPod.

Any help Cheapy? Email me at pete_brasler@xtra.co.nz or post link to download the track.

If you don't comply I will fry you with my Darth Vadar lightsaber after I've downloaded him in Soul-ed out Calibur. These downloadables are so transparent most of the time. Marketing people.

Thanks again. I think Wombat's suggestion of having Pachter back on the CAGcast is a great one. Looking forward to it.

Later,
Pete

Hey man here is where you can get it, just right click and save link as. Also Cheapy, (after listening to you answer my Transformers question) I think I liked the movie alot because I didn't read too far into it and just really liked the CGI detail (would really like to see it in HD) and the action in general which is pretty much all I went to see the movie for anyway. I do agree with you that the movie being more based around the humans was really shit but whenever I watch it again, I just watch it for the action, mainly the last half hour.

#2010 beeeatsme

beeeatsme

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

Love the show. Love when Wombat begs for games.

1. Do you think the relatively lower price point for DS games has limited the potential for really great games to be released on the system? When publishers could charge $70-80 in the snes days you would get great, polished games like Street Fighter 2 and Chrono Trigger, but although the DS can clearly do that level of graphics few games meet that high standard.

2. Were you disappointed with the DS in 2007? What are you looking forward to on the DS in 2008?
This is where my music lives