CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6634 replies to this topic

#2011 Mindzeye82

Mindzeye82

Invite me to your game!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:19 PM

I agree with Cheapy about the travesty that has become DLC, especially on Live. But do you think the PS3 is doing a slightly better job in regards of when they make you pay?

Sony charges nothing for Themes and wallpapers, whereas Live nickle and dimes you for this stuff.

I'm sure all this will change when Home debutes, but at least its free for now!

Keep up the good work
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Mindzeye82"]Posted Image[/URL]

#2012 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:11 AM

Thanks for answering my question and sorry again about how messy I addressed it to you. I'll clean up others if i ask anything in the future.

#2013 dacool561

dacool561

Take a Look at This

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:41 PM

Hey Cheapy I was wondering why do you post the best of the Sunday Deals on Sunday? Wouldn't it help more if you could post them on a Friday or Saturday? I know before there were times when there wasn't any ad postings on the forums, but now it seems even when speedy can't make the posting for a few weeks the community is really helping out and getting the information early still

PS
Any chance in expanding the Sunday deals to include DVDs/blu-ray/hd-dvds?

#2014 V Illuminati V

V Illuminati V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

Hello, I just recently read an article about the production costs of 60 dollar games. The profit is split somewhat evenly between Microsoft, the retailer, and the developer. My question is what happens when the retailer has a sale and marks a game 20 dollars off, how are they supposed to get profit? And when games have been out for a while, and go down to 20 dollars, don't they just lose money? Thanks

#2015 cdrober

cdrober

Too many games & too little time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:39 PM

Hello Cheapy D and Wombat!

Today I have a question for you Wombat:

You mentioned you are enjoying your house and that you have a totally empty room in Cagcast 102. What would your 'dream room' would be like for this room? Would it be an arcade room w/ arcade cabinates? An Atari 2600 Shrine w/ all the games framed and posted along the walls? A memorabilia room featuring photos of yourself with celebrities? A room used for growing 'herbs'? Or perhaps a full Wombat Sanctuary with some Wombat Babies you can raise as your own (Maybe this is easier than having human babies?)? And Lastly, maybe you want to turn it into a full on Video Studio so you can host a video version of the cagcast, complete w/ a couch for guests to come in and sit on ala Wayne's World?

Anyways, those are just some ideas I have, have a nice day and Thanks for taking a look at my question!

-CDRober

#2016 joserjerr

joserjerr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

OK. I believe an injustice has taken place with the announcement that CheapyD has never seen an episode of Harvey Birdman. The comedic references are right up your alley. How could Cheapy not see anything that was meant to have "Better with weed" as part of the title?

Anyways. If your willing to commit to watching some hilarious TV (typcial episodes are around 11 minutes) I'm willing to send you some DVD's.

Let me know if you want to take me up on the offer.

My personal favorites are Booty Noir and Very Personal Injury.

#2017 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:03 PM

Hi guys! I know I sort of asked a question in the CAGCast 102 thread, but that was directly related to the show, whereas this is more general. Are there any games that you guys either love to play or cannot play anymore due to their association with what was going on in your life? I know it sounds totally weird. Like, for me, I can't really bring myself to play Etrian Odyssey anymore, as much fun as I was having with the game. I got it sometime in the middle of last year, and around the time I got it, my grandmother ended up going into the hospital. I was playing it when I got the call that she had passed away, and I played it on the plane to and from the funeral, and while spending time with my family around the time of the funeral. Now, I can't really bring myself to get back into it...it's too tied to those memories. Crazy, I know. Anything like that for either of you?

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#2018 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat, if someone told you to get rid of one of your next-gen consoles, which one would it be and why?

#2019 kennyrulez25

kennyrulez25

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

hey cheapy and wombat i was woundering if I can get 2 autographs from you i will p.m. the adress to cheapy D thx guys.

#2020 olster2

olster2

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

Hey Cheapy, I live in the Uk and it has always been my dream to live and experience the Japanese culture. When I am older Im considering taking a teaching corse to teach english there. Is Japan (preferably Tokyo) generally more expensive to live in than the US or the UK? How and why did you move there? Are the people friendly? (I know this is a bit personal so dont answer if you don't want to but) When you first moved there was/Is it finically tight? And finally were do you prefer living?
Sorry for the rather long and blabbery question :)

I dont know what it is about you two but I love..... no wait I adore your voices I could listen to them all day. Great job on the show and keep it up:D Love you guys

#2021 jka95

jka95

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:03 PM

I have a few questions

- What is happening with tom clancey's endwar

- Is there anything new happening with starwars the force unleashed

#2022 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:46 AM

You mentioned in the last Cagcast that DLC was a real disappointment to you. Could tell us your ideal DLC package and what do you think about the DLC that comes out as free in the first place (Bioshock, Forza 2 stuff, etc). BTW the Lost Planet map packs are pretty awesome and free.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#2023 metronome127

metronome127

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:49 AM

Hey guys,

My girlfriend and I have been listening to the show for about 20 or so episodes.
I gotta say, way to go on making a gaming podcast that my girlfriend will actually listen to, considering the fact that she pretty much only ever plays anything Mario-related. I must say that generally speaking, women(mostly American) tend to steer towards the Mario games. Maybe it's that sexy caterpillar on his face...? discuss.

On a side note, there was a laughing fit at our house for a good 20 minutes when we heard Wombat's mom with that brilliant Wombat introduction. Can she be hired for bar mitzvahs? (yes, I'm 30 and jewy too...you should meet my mom)

Questions for the CAGbag:

How, where, and when did Cheapy and Wombat meet?

How old were you guys then?

Will/would you adhere to the ESRB ratings when Ty(probably misspelled) decides to play Grand Theft Auto: Rest Home in 10-15 years? That GTA game will definitely be a Mature title, if not AO...let's hope.

Also, a suggestion from both of us: We would love to see your wife on for more reviews! Having a woman on, definitely helps with variety. And we all know the men who listen to the cast won't mind.

I'm getting looks...

#2024 horrido

horrido

CAG Probation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:56 AM

Considering putting the child in day care? I thought you were a fake CheapyD, but that seals it. That option is so far out of the main stream it is laughable.

#2025 AvidWriter

AvidWriter

The Fictioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:49 AM

This might have been addressed before but about your clogging of the toilet. How about courtesy flushing? Once one breaks free you flush, and every time after that. This way you should never have a clog problem again.

#2026 olster2

olster2

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

Tis could count as a question ;) can I have a free DS game possibly???:D

#2027 Besko

Besko

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

Hello guys. As you definately noticed , Warner bros decided to give their support to the Blu-ray. And now , all the Sony fanboys decided to go nuts and now again we have a new amounts of insults to X360 fanboys etc. But the question is (And the question to you guys) : How much will gamers get from that decision of Warner bros ?? I mean ... Even if HD DVD would win , 25 GB or 50 GB of Blu ray disc is only good for the gamers. And HD DVD for Xbox 360 was also there just for the movies. So how much will this decision affect us gamers ???

My regard to CheapyD and Wombat from very very far Slovenia (That is in Europe , we are neighbours to Italy if you do not know :D) !

#2028 GaffandSlasher

GaffandSlasher

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:12 PM

Cheapy, are you going to be watching the new tv remake of Knight Rider? What if it starred Peter Weller as Michael Knight?

#2029 Stuttering Billy

Stuttering Billy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:00 AM

Since it is a new year I think you guys need to start up "The Hype Wagon" again.

A few of mine are -

Saints Row 2 - The game will support full co-op through the single player campaign

Fallout 3 - I have loved the last two Fallout RPG's and cant wait to play this one

Advance Wars : Days Of Ruin - The Advance Wars series is why I bought a GBA and DS. Wifi multiplayer!!!! I cant wait for this game.

-Stuttering Billy

#2030 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

25 GB or 50 GB of Blu ray disc is only good for the gamers.

Congrats on being the biggest idoit. The reason blu ray is winning is not actually picture quality from movies and it has nothing to do with games. It has everything to do with UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO which makes all the difference in the world to watching a movie. That is why the bigger size of a blu ray disk made all the difference. I have all 3 systems but I don't have the HD DVD player but I watched an HD DVD movie over a friends house(Transformers). I hope it comes to blu ray this summer. Also an alert to CheapyD, a lot of blu ray movies do have menus. Event the ones that don't do in a vague sort of way but that defines the experience of the blu ray.

I do look forward to the next cagcast. Cool videos of your child on youtube CheapyD.

Dave
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#2031 sinigord

sinigord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:12 AM

Just started listening to the Cagcast and it's fun... I think both CheapyD and Wombat are in tune with the gaming community. It's good to hear criticism being directed at DLC and hopefully companies will listen and take note.

Did you know that there is a company out there, most famous for writing the game Battlesphere for the Atari Jaguar called 'Scatologic'. Look up scatology...

These guys were obsessed with urine and poop, so maybe they were a little further down the road to the crazy farm...

I have one request for you... please remind people about the CheapAssGamer Folding at Home Team, we're currently rated 250th team and climbing. Tell Marten to send me another PS3 and I might be able to catch him ;-)

Anyway, good work on the Cagcast, keep it up.

#2032 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:24 AM

Are there any multiplatform games that you plan on getting for the PS3 in the coming future?

Keep in mind they must already be announced for multiple platforms at the time of answering this question.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2033 bjwoodruff

bjwoodruff

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:02 AM

I have two questions if you don't mind Cheapy and Wombat.

I went to Gamestop the other night just picking up items where I saw a used PS3 advertisement for 449.99. I asked the Gamestop clerk if that was for the 60gb model or the 80gb model. He said it was for both, so interested in the 60gb model because of the PS2 backwards compatibility I asked if he had a 60gb PS3. He said he didn't but had 20gb models for 349.99. I thought about this, I can install a bigger drive and I don't need the wifi or the card reader. What do you guys think? Should I buy a 20gb PS3?

There is a new case by Lian Li for the xbox 360. This is suppose to cool and quite down your xbox 360. I build pcs and Lian Li is the best case maker in the world. This is the case at CES, http://www.bit-tech....ox_360_owners/1

This case seems to solve all the problems for the xbox 360 overheating problems, but if you use this case you void your warranty. What do you think is it worth it? Should m$ maybe sell a case like this for a higher price?

bj

#2034 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

Hey Wombat and Cheapy,

What is your favorite TV show right now and why?
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#2035 funkpanda

funkpanda

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:25 AM

2 questions,

Do you guys ever plan on getting PC's good enough to play today's PC games? I would love to hear your views on the good and band of today's gaming industry.

What do you guys think about the lack of fighter games since the old mortal kombat days? What made people not enjoy fighters as much as they enjoy shooters?

#2036 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:34 AM

CheapyD and Wombat,

I am going away on a trip in March which includes a long flight and some downtime. I have an old Gameboy Advance but I was thinking it might be time to step up to a DS or PSP. My question is which should I go with and what are the must have games for each system.

I know you both have said that you spend alot of time playing the DS and that neither of you end up playing the PSP much, so maybe I am answering my own question here, but it seems like some of the new features announced for the PSP might make it less of a no brainer question. Interested in your opinions.

Thanks!

Let's go Pens!

#2037 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:57 AM

I don't believe I've heard Cheapy say anything about No More Heroes, especially with his Japanese Wii and the game coming out so early over there. I thought that the "poop-to-save" system the game has would be a sure hit with Cheapy.

If you haven't played it, why do you think the recent ubisoft/1up fracas hasn't been getting as much attention as Gerstmann-gate? Naturally, it's because it's more interesting when people do the wrong thing, but shouldn't this make people wonder why 1up was the ONLY one ubisoft is too cool for?

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#2038 ducci

ducci

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

Cheapy,

You always say you need to get work done - it comes up a lot when you mention putting your kid in day care - I'm just curious what you do exactly? You're contracting off the design and programming of "CAG 2.0", you've said editing the podcast takes a day at most - so aside from collecting comission checks from the site what do you do?

#2039 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:28 PM

Hey Cheapy, just checking out your flickr photos and listening to the CAGcast at the same time and I have to say that your CAG hat really does suit you, and also are your games all in a mess in the background because your are organising games to send to the troops?

http://www.flickr.co...pyd/2201791842/

And don't you think that the xbox original games on xbox live are stupidly priced because they are around $15 and take up space on your hard drive when you could just go out and buy the game in a store for cheaper and have no space taken on your hard drive (except for save space but that doesn't really count).

http://www.flickr.co...pyd/2201791842/

#2040 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:48 AM

lol, i just heard this on his podcast(number 96), his natural hair colour is dark brown and he would post a foto somewhere on the forum.

Cool, thanks for letting me know that and would love to see Cheapy with a big afro or something lol.

"Yo man, I slap a bitch if I have to" - CheapyD CAGcast #103

Currently playing:

:360: Guitar Hero III
:psp: Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops :twoguns:\\:D/