CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

• Please log in to reply
6621 replies to this topic

#2941 Anbu_Zim

Anbu_Zim

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

Serious questions:

- Will there ever be a CAG 3.0?
- Will there be any new additions to CAG, forum wise?

Medium-Serious Questions:
- How many licks does it take to get to the center.... lol.. i'll stop there.

thanks.

#2942 cgsaunde

cgsaunde

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

Hey all,

Just recently found the site, and love it, and somehow successfully subscribed to the CAGForeplay podcast using Doppler, and wanted to sign up for the CAGCast as well, but none of the links seem to work with that type of program (I need the actual RSS feed).

Am I missing it on the site? I've been hunting for at least 15 minutes or so

Thanks!

Any more help on this? I've tried the following two feeds:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/cagcast
http://www.cheapassg...ast/cagcast.xml

And neither work with Doppler. This is the first podcast I've had trouble with, and I actually don't have any trouble with CAGForeplay, which I don't understand.

#2943 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

Cheapy & Wombat two questions:

1. I know you are big fans of the Stern show, so I'm sure your are familiar with the "Wack Pack". So if you had to assemble a CAG version of the "Wack Pack", who would you choose for the group and why?

2. Do you plan on adding sub-forums for the CAG Groups that are now supported for the site? Right now all you can do is post comments which limits the funcionality of the groups. If there was a private forum for each group that would be great.

Let's go Pens!

#2944 kashwashwa

kashwashwa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

Just wondering if you still have plans to do a live show like you'd mentioned maybe 8 shows ago. I thought that might be interesting.

#2945 BennyWii

BennyWii

Lord of CAGton

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

Dear CheapyD and Womabt

After playing Patapon i noticed that everything that I did was in rhythm with the game. For example changing the channel, brushing my teeth ect. Has anything happen like this to you after playing a game.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189476 link to my thread about the question

Posted Image

Now Playing: Dead Space 2 (Hardcore), Burnout Paradise, Boderlands DLC.

Platinum Trophies:\\:D/
Infamous_Borderlands_Assassin's Creed 2_Fallout 3_ Fallout New Vegas_Sly 1_Sly 2_Sly 3_Dead Space.

#2946 seventh_sage

seventh_sage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:20 PM

Cheapy, it seems like you enjoy watching reality tv at least some. & i know that reality tv is huge here in the states. so my question is how do people in japan feel about it? do they have a lot of reality tv programs there? & are they as popular as they are here?

#2947 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:26 PM

Yo Cheapy, I was cyber stalking you on Flickr the other day, and saw your picture of some ole gravy covered eggs and shit. Then i noticed your arse was up in the West Palm Areas, wtf man? South Florida dont get no CAG meetup love? Just bustin yo chops! But what was up with that? Do you frequent "teh" Florida? Or was it just a passin through kinda thing?
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#2948 Pojomofo

Pojomofo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:42 PM

I just want to give Wombat a quick Pro-tip:

Don't use cheap diapers on newborns!!! Their shit is basically liquid and by using bargain bin diapers, its just pours out the side. Its an extra $2 well spent. Congrats and sleep while you can!

#2949 TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:25 AM

Hey Cheapy,

Love the new layout. I may be missing something, but is there a way to sort blogs by most popular/most views, or is this something coming later?

Also, do you have a time frame for when the selection of CAG Reviewers will be?

Thanks!

#2950 x2k-one

x2k-one

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:42 AM

is the rent cheaper in japan than in NYC?? i live in manhattan and is a bitch the rent.

#2951 hppypnts

hppypnts

Czar of Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

Over a few shows you guys have discussed the delay for the PSN Store to make movies available for download. I wanted to give you my 2 cents and see what you guys think.

Among the three console companies Sony is presented with a unique problem with regards to making this content available on their platform.

Sony Computer Entertainment is part of the larger Sony machine, along with their media unit, Sony Pictures. Sony Pictures produces both television shows and films. This presents the two Sony business units with a conflict of interest. If Sony was working in a vaccum they would just make media from Sony Pictures available on the PS3, this would give their picture business unit a unique distribution platform without competition and make films and shows available on the PS3.

On the other hand, there is only so much content consumers want to buy from Sony Pictures, and so it is in the computer entertainment business unit's best interest to make as many shows available as possible. As you can see this presents Sony with a problem, especially when negotiating with other media companies for content who might correctly or incorrectly feel that Sony might be less inclined to promote their content over Sony Pictures.

It was for this exact same reason that I was surprised when Sony added Divx capabilities to the PS3 because, divx formats and their popularity with file shares encroaches directly upon Sony Pictures. You can be sure that if Microsoft did not move forward with divx implementation, it never would have seen the light of day on Sony. This show of flexibility on Sony's part makes me think that we may yet see movie downloads on the PS3 sooner rather than later.

As a note, I know that Sony offers some video content for the PSP for download, but as far as I know only in Japan (I have a Japanese PSP and do not get North American features and updates). I can't say if this content is solely from Sony Pictures or not because of my limited understanding of Japanese so you may be able to fill in the gaps Cheapy.

So as you can see this goes well beyond bluray, and this is why video distribution wasn't a problem for microsoft even before the end of the format war, even though they were heavily invested in to the HDDVD format.

Edited by hppypnts, 09 July 2008 - 02:42 PM.

Posted Image

Wanted: Bust A Groove (PSX) (Case + Manual optional)

#2952 MattX66

MattX66

The Pac-Man Skull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

Hey guys with E3 coming up next week and all, what companies are you most excitied to hear from? And what one game are you most excitied to learn more about?

#2953 y2jedi

y2jedi

Klaatu varata nicto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

Hey guys,

This Labor Day weekend I will be making my 1st non-work related trip to NY. I had to make the trip this year because this was my last summer to cross "go to Yankee Stadium" off of my bucket list.
We're staying at a friends place in Manhattan(Cheap ass holiday). I'm going with my fiance, so we're definitely doing the touristy stuff like the Met and Lady Liberty.
So, would you guys suggest something that I MUST do while I'm there ? As in, a place to eat or someplace I gotta check out.

Keep up the good work, & 2.0 kicks ass.
[IMG]http://http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/gow/y2jedi.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/gow/y2jedi.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.gatenext.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/videogames-205.gif[/IMG]

#2954 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

Cheapy and Wombat, did you watch Hancock yet? If you did, what did you think of it? If not, will you go see it?

Also, what megaton news do you expect from E3 this year? For me, it would be shocking if Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced for the 360. ;)
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#2955 Ninja_Llama

Ninja_Llama

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:51 AM

With the selling points for consoles include library of games, graphics, and most importantly first-party exclusives, do you guys see companies like Microsoft and Sony securing these exclusives? As games get more expensive to produce, developers have to bring their product to the largest audience (i.e multi-platform). Will Microsoft and Sony push to secure more exclusives, get more of the "better" version of multi-platform games (Xbox GTA DLC), or do you see these companies losing their exclusives for monetary or interest issues (later Bungie)?

It's a boring question, but I would like to know your opinions because i don't want to spend $600+ on the consoles themselves for the next generation. Thanks.

Edited by Ninja_Llama, 10 July 2008 - 03:55 AM.

#2956 FecesBreath

FecesBreath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:36 AM

Cheapy and Wombat,

Since you're new to Pokemon this question seems appropiate. Which Pokemon would you use as the main ingredient for a recipe? Pikachu Pie? Charmander Fried Chicken?

YUM!

#2957 pelf21

pelf21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:02 AM

You guys ever think of doing like a "whatca been playin" section for the show? Seems like some shows you guys dont mention that your playing anything......Just a thought

#2958 KimChi4U

KimChi4U

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:30 AM

Just a quick question concerning the Rockband/Guitar Hero phenomenon...

With the hardware getting more tweaks (better drum kits and guitars), do you think there will come a point when these franchises say, "screw it, let's just make you use a real guitar."?

Obivously, it seems that people are looking for a more "real" experience when playing these games, so do you think they will develop some kind of setup where you play real instruments along with the gameplay? Will we see a generation of people learning to play musical instruments through mimicing master tracks through consoles?

Love the show...keep it up guys.

#2959 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

As E3 closer and closer, it seems like the number of rumors and leaks increase along with getting bigger and bigger in terms of spoiling the surprises, so I wanted to know if you guys would prefer to be completely surprised by the announcements at E3 or have them spoiled for you the weeks leading up to the show? And now that Peter Moore works at EA, would you prefer to see him as a part of any Rock Band 2 demonstrations that may happen at E3?

#2960 Conboy

Conboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:07 PM

Cheapy, since you are all about a good meal, what restaurants are you planning on going to at E3? In true CAG fashion, you should pig out at the Sony post conference buffet, and bring a dufflebag full of food back to your room for the rest of the week. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2961 sophistry

sophistry

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

Hey Cheapy,
I have a question for you:

What can you say about the 'delta change' of Japanese Double Dragons during/after pregnancy? Is there some definite Super Double Dragon action, similar to what is generally experienced with Western ladies?

#2962 SMG247

SMG247

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

Hey guys, I was thinking after listening to the part of the last CAGCast where you talked about Rock Band 2 having backwards compatibility with Rock Band songs, what do you think the odds are that Guitar Hero World Tour instruments will be compatible with Rock Band 2 or vice versa so I only have to have one set of instruments lying around. Thanks
Currently playing:
Spoiler

#2963 sophistry

sophistry

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

Hey guys, I was thinking after listening to the part of the last CAGCast where you talked about Rock Band 2 having backwards compatibility with Rock Band songs, what do you think the odds are that Guitar Hero World Tour instruments will be compatible with Rock Band 2 or vice versa so I only have to have one set of instruments lying around. Thanks

Short answer: No.

#2964 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:48 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat!

I have a couple of quick questions for you guys. I just got a Wii and checked out their 'arcade' section (Wiiware is it?) I guess you could call it (the downloadable games ala XBOX Live arcade) and saw a bunch of old school games I am very familiar with. I'd like to know what you recommend on getting with my 2000 points card.

I know how they play on their original systems but hows the emulation for the old school games on the Wii?

Thanks in advance!

#2965 Bootstrapwill

Bootstrapwill

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:38 PM

Hey cheapyd and wombat. Just want to say great show, your a massive hit over in england. Anyway just a quick comic book question towards Wombat, is Superman the strongest there is, is there anyone better? And cheapy what are your predictions for E3? Thank you.

#2966 BJWanlund

BJWanlund

Broke & Otherwise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:02 AM

Great show Cheapy and Wombat, long time no CAGBag question I know.

I have a lengthy Nintendo-only question for the CAGBag, which I hope to hear on this week's show.

What is taking Nintendo so long to re-vamp their Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service? I see friend codes working on the DS, and they work to a certain extent. However, on the Wii, they just do not work the same way! Aren't there parental controls that could conceivably be put into place so that pedophiles couldn't friend gamers under a certain age, like with what Xbox Live attempted to do (emphasis on attempted)?

I see "child accounts" much like they do on Xbox Live, except for better migration when they hit the age milestone. Either way, all features would be accessible to everyone, much like what Xbox Live is doing in this day and age with the Silver and Gold accounts. Also, I see DLC and downloadable demos in Wii's immediate future, and this is something Nintendo clearly needs to address, but are they really going to? Can I have the opinions of both of you on this matter, especially with E3 next week?

BJ

#2967 daft07

daft07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:32 AM

Hi CheapyD and Wombat,
my question is are you guys going to get Soul Calibur 4 for ps3 or not?
Are you guys going to be able to see Batman?
Is Wombat going to have a chance to see Batman: the dark kight, or is going to wait a few a weeks?

Edited by daft07, 14 July 2008 - 11:49 PM.

#2968 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

Fellas I have a question. Cheapy are you and ship going to answer some questions from the cagbag during the e3 podcasts how ever you do them. Obviously if you ask this on the next podcast then my question will be answered. Hope the birthing goes/went well for you wombat.

CAG 4 LiFe!.....Signed Smallville123
Insert clever line here......

#2969 Vagrant121

Vagrant121

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

the wii. as we all know, has a "molestation protection" system that forces people to use friend codes instead of regular name ids. well i was wondering, do you think that the possibility of some youngster playing super smash bros. online getting fucked by an old man is high?

oh and cheapyd. if youre a jew, why do you eat fried pork as demonstrated in your lasted lunch with cheapyd?

Edited by Vagrant121, 11 July 2008 - 03:25 PM.

bahhhh

#2970 bahgee

bahgee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

cheapyd,

Is there an iPhone version of the new CAG 2.0? I can't seem to find it.