Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#271 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:13 PM

I seriouisly doubt there is a ps3 to be had in this area, I was thinking about driving to Milton, DE, but decided that was way too far of a drive for a console (even if it is selling for thousands).

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#272 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:27 PM

Drove around...was a madhouse pretty much everywhere I went. Drove to the Frederick Target, and there weren't but 20 people there...but at that point in the morning, I was pretty burnt out from seeing the lines everywhere. I really wish that Sony just should these suckers for $1000 and gave the extra $400 away to charity. This would have lessened the lines some....and allowed gamers to get their hands on some of these units.

#273 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:25 PM

This is insane. Sad part about it is that most of the systems are going up on eBay. I will now wait until they fix everything and come down in price.

On that note, I am going to buy a 360 HD player with the money I saved.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#274 skinsfan56la

skinsfan56la

Redskins Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:40 PM

I didn't even bother going out and taking a look. I know everyone is sold out by now. Now sunday, here i come Wii!!! Only problem is if i go out and get it on Sunday, what do i do with the Wii arriving on Monday? Decisions, decisions.
Posted Image
R.I.P. Sean Taylor.

#275 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:29 PM

Going to be a madhouse. I was there around 3 AM. I would estimate around 40 people milling around. Security said couldn't be on Mills property, but didn't seem to be moving anyone. I decided that I couldn't run as fast as the college kids and left.:cry:

You might have seen me :D

Anyways yeah that place we a dud, i didnt get a chance to even camp out, there were people EVERYWHERE, this launch was done before it started.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
C90d2eO.png7WPdXq9.png2q1uoso.jpg

#276 bradr

bradr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:00 PM

I checked a few places (Sony Style and FYE at Tysons didn't have any) and forget about the area Targets/TRU and I'm just plain scared to go to Walmart now a days around here.

The thing that bothers me about the PS3 launch was that they would show it on the news and 80% of the people they interviewed were only in it for the money. How they could make $2000 or more on it. They asked one guy how he felt and he said, "$2000 richer". I guess legally there's nothing wrong with buying to sell but sometimes I wonder what the country's come to with so many people trying to make a "quick buck".

#277 boozi

boozi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:17 PM

I checked a few places (Sony Style and FYE at Tysons didn't have any) and forget about the area Targets/TRU and I'm just plain scared to go to Walmart now a days around here.

The thing that bothers me about the PS3 launch was that they would show it on the news and 80% of the people they interviewed were only in it for the money. How they could make $2000 or more on it. They asked one guy how he felt and he said, "$2000 richer". I guess legally there's nothing wrong with buying to sell but sometimes I wonder what the country's come to with so many people trying to make a "quick buck".

I kinda agree with you, but think about the people who really need the money... Well, if they have a good/valid reason for putting it up on eBay, might as well do it, but if they don't...... It's kinda bad :X

#278 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:15 AM

I am going to Circuit city on rockville tomorrow to get a Wii, do you think they will have shortage on the system? I heard some people camp for wii.. :-\

#279 anubis20

anubis20

Gundamnator Salvation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:28 AM

I heard the Tyson's corner CC got pretty crazy for the ps3 launch

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#280 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:30 AM

yeah, i read the news. The riot got out of hand and the police use tear gas TWICE

talk about craziness

#281 Sc4rfac3

Sc4rfac3

Ball Now, Fail Later!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:43 PM

I am going to Circuit city on rockville tomorrow to get a Wii, do you think they will have shortage on the system? I heard some people camp for wii.. :-\

They only had 19 which sucks I guess the quest to get a wii is a bust for me

#282 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:26 PM

Overheard the chick at the Wheaton GS say that their Montgomery Mall store received 150 Wii's. Might be the place to score one.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#283 boozi

boozi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:10 PM

150 O_O Wow, that's quite a lot...

#284 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:40 PM

Overheard the chick at the Wheaton GS say that their Montgomery Mall store received 150 Wii's. Might be the place to score one.

That is either a lie, or they are sold-out...as my younger brother and his wife went there to score one, and they did not find one. Who knows?

#285 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

I walked into GS this morning a bit after 11 am and there were people in line. A female worker went up to the line and said they only had Wii's for pre-order folks and that the stores in Montgomery Mall were getting 150 each and opened at 11 am. A hoard of folks rushed out of the store, I assume to go to Montgomery Mall. She might have been lying to get them out of the store, but that doesn't make sense if a rack of people complain about being mislead. The FYE in Wheaton said they had to fill all pre-orders and then they were going to open sales of the Wii to the general public. When that is, the worker had no clue (and it wasn't the same cool guys from the trade 2 get 1 free deals.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#286 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:46 PM

I walked into GS this morning a bit after 11 am and there were people in line. A female worker went up to the line and said they only had Wii's for pre-order folks and that the stores in Montgomery Mall were getting 150 each and opened at 11 am. A hoard of folks rushed out of the store, I assume to go to Montgomery Mall. She might have been lying to get them out of the store, but that doesn't make sense if a rack of people complain about being mislead. The FYE in Wheaton said they had to fill all pre-orders and then they were going to open sales of the Wii to the general public. When that is, the worker had no clue (and it wasn't the same cool guys from the trade 2 get 1 free deals.

Sorry, spoke to soon. Apparently my brother misspoke. The mall had set up about 7 kiosks running the Wii and various games. And there was a line for the Gamestop/EB that was running all the way around the mall. He didn't want to wait, so there may indeed be 100+ Wiis there. But he was told that that line was for those that had pre-ordered. I'm thinking that there may be truth to what you heard........

#287 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:22 PM

I figure that in a couple of weeks, the Wii will be available. The ps3 eBay prices have already dropped quite a bit. I expect the Wii's to do the same within a week.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#288 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:51 PM

I heard that the CC Rockville only got 30 of the 100(?) PS3's it was advertising. Heard second hand so I don't know how true but I was under the impression they were giving away 50 for sure to the first 50 in line and then 50 more through out the night through raffling. So if they really only did get 30 I'd expect it to get crazier than it already was.

#289 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:54 PM

Oh yeah, I was at TRU to pick up a Wii this afternoon from my preorder and this guy told me he'd been to all the electronics stores (EB, GS, BB, CC, Walmart, Target from Rockville up to Frederick) today and the Wii was sold out everywhere. Again second hand, but I think Nintendo is having better luck manufacturing/distributing Wii so they'll be easier to acquire over PS3

#290 m1lesteg

m1lesteg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:55 PM

I go to GW.
Yo.

"I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality." Mitch Hedberg, 1968-2005

#291 Sc4rfac3

Sc4rfac3

Ball Now, Fail Later!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:16 PM

i got the crazyest wii story. i got out a little before 7 went to target first just find out that they had gave out all their tickets. From there i went to the rockville cc and they only had 19 units and the people outside had made tickets out of cardboard pizza boxes. from there i went to best buy and the line was way way way too long. I went to toysrus and same the had a big big line. So i decide to go compusa and they didnt have any so we waited in front of the gamestop in federal plaza. The manager got there at 10:50 and told us he did have any extra but the mont. mall had at least 300( really only 120ish) we me and my home drove over there and got in to this big line they had. We didnt think we would be lucky but we got the last two tickets at 11:00 am . It took us three hours to get our systems.

#292 StealthGear

StealthGear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

DC, Rockville, and Wheaton are all sold out of Wii's. I tried asking at TRU, BB, and Target when they will get more but no seems to know. Although this week I am going to MI for the holiday, if anyone spots any in stock help a feller CAGer out :).

#293 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:15 AM

DC, Rockville, and Wheaton are all sold out of Wii's. I tried asking at TRU, BB, and Target when they will get more but no seems to know. Although this week I am going to MI for the holiday, if anyone spots any in stock help a feller CAGer out :).

Ok i have an extra Wii that i might be willing to sell for $265- $300 or i might just return it to EBgames (my roomate was going to buy it off me but he found his own so now i am stuck with a second Wii)

Also everyone i asked (that would respond to me) said second shipments of Wii's and PS3s would arrive on Black Friday which means that we must get our CAMs (Cheap Ass Mothers) to camp out for the Wii/PS3 and their other cheap nicknacks. Huzzah!

Now Playing:

#294 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:29 PM

Ok i have an extra Wii that i might be willing to sell for $265- $300 or i might just return it to EBgames (my roomate was going to buy it off me but he found his own so now i am stuck with a second Wii)

Also everyone i asked (that would respond to me) said second shipments of Wii's and PS3s would arrive on Black Friday which means that we must get our CAMs (Cheap Ass Mothers) to camp out for the Wii/PS3 and their other cheap nicknacks. Huzzah!

PM me about the Wii

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#295 Sc4rfac3

Sc4rfac3

Ball Now, Fail Later!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:26 PM

Anybody having any luck finding the wiimote? i need a extra one

#296 Tokeilos

Tokeilos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:24 PM

Anybody having any luck finding the wiimote? i need a extra one

Sure,

CCity online, $34.99 + tax and free shipping

http://www.circuitci...roductDetail.do

You guys, remember to use something like ebates so you can get a little back.

Annnnnd, if you want Nintendo component cables but are NOT in a rush, you can get them from Play-Asia for $24.90 + $4.70 SH = $29.60, but you'll have to wait until December. Hell, it's cheaper than the cable alone from store.nintendo.com

http://www.play-asia...en-70-1mwi.html

#297 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:13 PM

I was just able to score a 20 gig ps3 from Laurel, MD BB. My brother was able to get a 20 gig from Wheaton, MD BB. I believe they will have more on Black Friday.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#298 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:01 PM

I was just able to score a 20 gig ps3 from Laurel, MD BB. My brother was able to get a 20 gig from Wheaton, MD BB. I believe they will have more on Black Friday.

Lucky, my parents checked Rockvill and gaith and both were sold out. Bah.

Now Playing:

#299 bradr

bradr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2006 - 02:31 AM

Thanksgiving Night 11/23 9:00pm

I just went to the CompUSA in Vienna. I knew that they were going to be opened from 9pm until Midnight so I thought that I could breeze into this empty store and pick up a couple of things before the rush tomorrow. When I arrived there right at 9pm, there was a line about 400-500 (yes, hundred) people long waiting to get in. If you've been to that CompUSA, the line was wrapped around the strip mall all the way around the corner on both sides.

Needless to say, I just kept driving and left.

Was CompUSA offering something THAT good or is it just that they're the only store open at this time?

* Edit: I just looked at the ad. There's a $200 rebate with activation of a phone but how many of those can the cell phone guys do in three hours?

#300 ramatut4001

ramatut4001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:25 AM

Thanksgiving Night 11/23 9:00pm

I just went to the CompUSA in Vienna. I knew that they were going to be opened from 9pm until Midnight so I thought that I could breeze into this empty store and pick up a couple of things before the rush tomorrow. When I arrived there right at 9pm, there was a line about 400-500 (yes, hundred) people long waiting to get in. If you've been to that CompUSA, the line was wrapped around the strip mall all the way around the corner on both sides.

Needless to say, I just kept driving and left.

Was CompUSA offering something THAT good or is it just that they're the only store open at this time?

* Edit: I just looked at the ad. There's a $200 rebate with activation of a phone but how many of those can the cell phone guys do in three hours?

Almost word for word my experience in Columbia. It looked like a George Romero movie. I went back to my mom's house and had more mashed potatoes.