Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#61 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:27 PM

Anyone checking the TRU in and around DC?

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#62 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 22 December 2005 - 05:38 PM

Sterling was great. Bumped into a fellow CAG there this AM while picking up a few things. Final Fantasy I&II, Samurai Western, and DOA Ultimate are still available in my stash, so give a holler if you're interested.

#63 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2005 - 09:54 PM

Went to 3 TRU today. Met another CAGer at the Laurel TRU. Laurel still has a couple copies of Fatal Frame II, MK Kollectors and Priates if anyone is interested. TRU Langley Park had 4 copies left of RE4 (GC) this morning. Wheaton TRU didn't have squat.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#64 Daywalker

Daywalker

KNOW YOUR RANK

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:53 AM

Live in Manassas, Va... or northern Va lol, but anyway, the Toys R Us around here has a decent amount of games here. I saw like 10 copies of Resident Evil 4 for the GC 2 days ago, got myself a copy of KillZone for 10 bucks, and it was the original non GH too. The only thing you gotta watch out for are the prices. They are pretty bad at updating prices, so all the games might be labeled at 20-40 bucks, but price check says otherwise lol (goes from 20 bucks and under).
Posted Image

#65 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2006 - 04:21 PM

Wheaton TRU had Ace Combat 5 and Pikmin 2 in plentiful supply....Rockville and Gaithersburg TRU had squat. Either CAGers have pillaged them, or their employees have bought up stock. I actually think that it is the latter. However, if you are looking for Geist and MP2....these were in supply, good supply.

Thanks for the note about the Manassas TRU with RE4, but that's just too far of a drive that it would not be worth it for me. Oh well. I'll have to wait for RE4 to buy it again.

#66 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2006 - 04:38 PM

TRU online has most of the in store games. I just ordered RE4 again.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#67 probablysober

probablysober

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:19 AM

I mainly live in Frostburg but during the winters and summers I visit the DC/Bethesda MD area. In frostburg I've had a hard time finding any deals except for the occasional good find at FYE in the Country Club Mall in La Vale, normally the prices in all FYEs are quite horrible but I've found their used games to occasionally have excellent prices and so far all used games I've bought from the La Vale store have been in like new condition. I also found a 5 dollar brand new copy of Mark of kri for the Ps2 there. As for the DC area I've found the usual regional deals at best buy, tru, CC, etc, and the CD/Game Exchange in Tenley Town occasionally has decent prices on good games even though my most recent trip showed zero good deals concerning games I was interested in. Besides that i haven't found anything worthwhile in MD on a regular basis.

#68 ozc

ozc

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:32 PM

I'm right inbetween College Park and Laurel.

Seeing an apparent cheap ass gamer is what led me back to this site. I'd been here once before but just a glance then I noticed a guy buy 2-3 copies of DOA2:Hardcore + 2 other games at Circuit City and knew something had to be up.

I check out the Greenbelt Target/Gamestop and Beltsville Circuit City once a month or so. Every now and then I spin through the Game Crazy/Gamespots and Target in Capitol Heights when I visit family.

However, I agree with most everyone else that there doesn't seem to be much of a "scene" around here. I was amazed when I took a spin through a Gamestop out in Dulles on my way back from a class a few weeks ago, they had everything, used of course but in amazing condition relative to say Greenbelt Gamestop where your lucky to get a case or manual and it's beat to shit if you do.

Mom and Pop shops have been pretty much crushed by the big chains. There are still a few in PG County but you wouldn't know they exist without running right into them.

I'm looking for a cheap, new copy of Soul Calibur II (XB). If there's anything some of you locals are looking for I'll keep any eye out.

-O

#69 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:59 PM

I am in and around the PG County area. I will keep my eyes out for SC II. I have been posting so deals I have found and will post more when they come.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#70 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

Ping from DC!

Capitol Hill actually.

Posted Image

#71 ozc

ozc

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:05 PM

A friend pulled it out of the Waldorf CC.

I took a trip to Beltsville CC and Greenbelt Target recently. Nothing of note at either. Target was looking particularly bleak and much to my dismay, Metal Slug 4&5 was still $40 at CC.

#72 Stevesbored

Stevesbored

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:06 PM

I checked out the Wheaton and Laurel TRUs, which are both 30% off games and systems and 50% off accessories. There are tons of Game Boy Micros for $70 and a demo PSP at the Laurel store and lots of PS2 HDDs at both stores. Happy hunting!

#73 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

Hey all, I'm looking to unload my Donkey Konga set - I have the original Donkey Konga, two used bongos and two brand new bongos. I figured shipping would be a little much to list the set on ebay, so I thought I'd try here first. PM me an offer if you're interested.

#74 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:53 PM

I have been going to the Wheaton TRU and buying accessories for my Xbox and PSP at 40% off. Good deals. Some game might be worth getting at 30%. I saw they dropped some of the more recent games 3+ months old to $29.99. Going to pick up PoP-Two Thrones for cheap A/C tomorrow.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#75 deideis

deideis

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:14 PM

I'm right inbetween College Park and Laurel.

Seeing an apparent cheap ass gamer is what led me back to this site. I'd been here once before but just a glance then I noticed a guy buy 2-3 copies of DOA2:Hardcore + 2 other games at Circuit City and knew something had to be up.

I check out the Greenbelt Target/Gamestop and Beltsville Circuit City once a month or so. Every now and then I spin through the Game Crazy/Gamespots and Target in Capitol Heights when I visit family.

However, I agree with most everyone else that there doesn't seem to be much of a "scene" around here. I was amazed when I took a spin through a Gamestop out in Dulles on my way back from a class a few weeks ago, they had everything, used of course but in amazing condition relative to say Greenbelt Gamestop where your lucky to get a case or manual and it's beat to shit if you do.

Mom and Pop shops have been pretty much crushed by the big chains. There are still a few in PG County but you wouldn't know they exist without running right into them.

I'm looking for a cheap, new copy of Soul Calibur II (XB). If there's anything some of you locals are looking for I'll keep any eye out.

-O

Where are the mom and pops in PG?

#76 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:09 PM

Toys R Us in Laurel and Wheaton are 40% to 60% now. Wheaton has a lot of Xbox and PS2 games. Each store has about 7 Gameboy Micros and FF HDs ($59.99). I actually found a 360 HD for $59.99 and Ultimate Spiderman ($18.00) & Battlefield 2 ($24.00).

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#77 adidas

adidas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:17 AM

really thanks imma have to check out wheaton or laurel.. If you can pick one up for me i will give 75 for the hard drive..

#78 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:45 PM

Just went by Tysons and Wheaton today and there were no 360 HD. Wheaton does have HD cables (I think VGA) and memory cards for the 360 at 50% off.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#79 adidas

adidas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:03 AM

thanxs for checkin imma probably get the memory card hopefully they still got it..

#80 thespillcanvas

thespillcanvas

Posted 21 February 2006 - 12:36 PM

I'm in Catonsville MD. I always have alot of luck at the Gamestop in St. Johns Plaza in Ellicott City. They usually have alot of rare games and PS1 rpg's, as well as alot of anime. Alot of their used stuff is also in great condition.

#81 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:34 PM

Bingo - I went to that Gamestop a couple of weeks ago for the first time. :-) Bought a ton of stuff.

Matthew

#82 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:30 AM

What did you get Matthew? Share the wealth.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#83 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:58 AM

:-) I was able to get quite a few anime movies... but a lot of them were promotional only. So that stunk.

As to games - I did not get any psx games, just random xbox and PS2 games. I did get Kingdom Paradise and Polocrois and Castlevania DS though.

Thanks,
matthew

#84 nuttyturnip

nuttyturnip

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:18 AM

The employees at that Gamestop are some of the pushiest people around. :roll:

Every few weeks, I'll order dinner at Solanos and walk down to Gamestop to browse while I wait for my food. It never fails, they always ask me if I brought anything to trade in and give me the whole sales schpiel. It gets on my nerves, and I doubt I'd actually buy anything there because of it. I've overheard them pressuring customers to buy their stupid magazine subscription, and it makes me want to interupt them and tell the clueless parents, "Don't buy that, it's a ripoff!" I realize it's their job to be salespeople, but stop being so aggressive about it.

#85 thespillcanvas

thespillcanvas

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:13 AM

Was it the red haired guy with freckles? Everytime I go there him and another guy will constantly ask if I need help if they aren't already in the corner playing the 360, lol.

#86 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

My foot itches..must be athlete's foot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:30 AM

the concept of working at a video game store is ok but i really don't want to make a living there playing/talking about video games for 8 hr shifts then have little kids come in while there parents go shopping so they can "look at" and ask how much is that game in the counter display all day long. Then to be forced to hammer customers with the 10% edge card program or the pre orders or to trade in shit.

#87 nuttyturnip

nuttyturnip

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:48 PM

Was it the red haired guy with freckles? Everytime I go there him and another guy will constantly ask if I need help if they aren't already in the corner playing the 360, lol.

I don't remember. The skinny guy with long hair is the worst; I've noticed another guy who keeps to himself and just plays the 360. He's definitely more my kind of employee.

#88 thespillcanvas

thespillcanvas

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:43 PM

I've seen the quiet guy on the 360 alot. He was in there with the red haired guy last time I went. The red haired guy was taunting him from across the store. He was playing DOA4 I think, not sure.

#89 Stevesbored

Stevesbored

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:03 PM

I posted this earlier in the TRU clearance thread:

Here's what I picked up at the TRU in Laurel MD (w/ 80% off)
Psychonauts (XB)- $6
Baten Kaitos (Cube)- $6
Taiko Drum Master (PS2)- $10
Gunstar Heroes (GBA)- $6
Pac Pix (NDS)- $6
Battlebots (GBA) - $2
Texas Hold 'Em (GBA)- $2

The Hold 'Em game netted me a $8.25 trade in at best buy.

Good luck finding anything though; people were basically buying one of every game left.

There was 1 copy of Baten Kaitos left, a few copies of Psychonauts, 1 Taiko Drum Master, a copy of timesplitters future perfect (XB), a few Tiger Woods Golf, Pac Pix, and Sprung for DS, and about 1,000,000 copies of Zathura for PS2. Plus there were plenty of copies of Gunstar Heroes left.
Fear the Turtle!

#90 Farny

Farny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:18 AM

I'll be the first to say this...

Oh my fucking God. That is a Godly haul. I wish I could even get my hands on a copy of Pyschonauts for double that price. If anyone wants to oblige, let me know.

80% off is ridiculous. Is there anything good at Tyson's?
Tradelist, yo:
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=61187
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thanks, Banshee.