Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#961 SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy

SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy

Evil CheapyD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:57 PM

Will Wombat be there? If not, I won't even bother to sharpen my love knife.

#962 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

Hmmm... I'm near Richmond, but my mom would never let me go. Oh well... maybe next year.

#963 jsmith4042

jsmith4042

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:45 PM

Pencil me in!

#964 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

don't mean to spam... but CML for a Dave and Busters Power Card ;)

#965 Xrazor

Xrazor

AmericanPie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:05 PM

Im in!

#966 WiiGame

WiiGame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:06 PM

wow strangers meeting up together... scary... :cold:

#967 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:04 PM

The power of CheapyD and front-page love......

The 3rd DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

4:30 pm onward ...(we have been going 2-3 hours+)

Saturday, October 20

who plans to attend-
Lurknomore
jmiller80
GenDV138
thebob101
MCalvert01
coalhalo
decon
Abiggs
jsmith4042
Xrazor

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

And finally, come prepared to talk about our next CAG meet-up. jmiller80 has volunteered his home and grill, and we will discuss plans for CAG Cook-out. Bring your calendars, fellas and lady.

#968 ssjChris

ssjChris

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:02 AM

I've been here before, and I have to say the Fish & Chips are awesome. All I did was play House of the Dead 2 & 4 the whole time though. I had enough refills of Coke to last me a lifetime and time flies past there like theres no tomorrow.

Only negative? You gotta have someone 23 years old or older to bring in younger CAGs. We got some guy to get us in when we went. :lol:

#969 AlphakirA

AlphakirA

Cloud's Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:56 AM

someone bring this to NY!

#970 coalhalo

coalhalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

Yes, it is the Bethesda Dave & Buster's location. North Bethesda to be exact. For some of us who have lived here for ages, we still view the White Flint Mall that the D&B's is located in as Rockville. I don't know exactly when the name change happened, but I do know that it coincided with property tax and home price increases. I presume that N. Bethesda carries more cache than Rockville (regardless of R.E.M.'s homage to the girl from said city).

When did White Flint Mall get a Bethesda address? I grew up in DC, and to me and my friends White Flint Mall was always in Rockville. I was poking around google and I noticed that Borders bookstore gives it's location in White Flint Mall a Kensington address. What gives? I know it's not a big deal, but to people not familiar with the area it must get a bit confusing.

And in response to Lurknoemore's presumption about Bethesda vs. Rockville; you absolutely correct my friend. Bethesda will always trump Rockville in the eyes of people who care about such things around here. It's like McLean compared to Vienna in VA. Or Georgetown vs Foggy Bottom.
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/[IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/coalhalo.png[/IMG][/IMG]

-Long Live Death-

#971 dwhelan

dwhelan

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:58 PM

Put me down for 1, I will make the drive from Delaware to hang out with some CAGs

#972 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:39 PM

Just had a buddy of mine make a sig for the meetup. If you want to use it, the link is http://i76.photobuck...1/CAG/dcsig.jpg

This is very cool, think we will have more folks than last time.

Anyone bringing items to sell/trade, park in the top level of the garage in front of the Dave & Buster's entrance.

Look forward to seeing everyone!

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#973 SHADYMILKMAN

SHADYMILKMAN

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:59 PM

ill try and make it out, if im not drooling over the nissan GT-R

#974 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

Put me down for 1, I will make the drive from Delaware to hang out with some CAGs

I think you might beat me for being the farthest away. I'm at about an hour and a half out, but I cheat since my in-laws live about 20 mins from D&B and I'll be staying there for the weekend.

MjC

#975 jmiller80

jmiller80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:51 PM

FYI, the Bailey's Crossroads Best Buy had about 12 Wiis as of last night (endcap of games aisle, middle of store). It seems like most people that want them have them, but now is the time if you want one before the holiday madness.

Also, that Best Buy kept their PC copies of Orange Box in the back, so I had to ask for it. Perhaps they are trying to wait out the CC pricematch, which is what I was there for.

#976 WriterDan

WriterDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:33 AM

Sorry guys, regrettably I can't make it this time (even though this is within walking distance of my apartment). I have company that weekend.
Posted Image

#977 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:52 PM

i am going to try and show up but i might not able to... i dunno at this moment.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
C90d2eO.png7WPdXq9.png2q1uoso.jpg

#978 GloveBox

GloveBox

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:08 AM

Lurk put me down for the 20th gotta make it this time to see my peeps!!!

#979 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:53 AM

Should we all wear our Green CAG Wristbands? :)

#980 kofiguy

kofiguy

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:31 PM

I'm going to try and make it. I don't suppose there is anyone here that still hasn't bought Halo 3 and wants to make a trade for Bioshock . . .

#981 animallyson

animallyson

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:33 AM

de-lurking to say I'm in. I'm schlepping a bunch of classic plastic & some genny systems, amongst other things.

and a bunch of Lynx stuff too, hahah.

#982 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

UPDATED*****

The 3rd DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

4:30 pm onward ...(we have been going 2-3 hours+)

Saturday, October 20

who plans to attend-
Lurknomore
jmiller80
GenDV138
thebob101
MCalvert01
coalhalo
decon
Abiggs
jsmith4042
Xrazor
whalen
SHADYMILKMAN
abhinav
GloveBox
kofiguy
animallyson
robbway

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

And finally, come prepared to talk about our next CAG meet-up. jmiller80 has volunteered his home and grill, and we will discuss plans for CAG Cook-out. Bring your calendars, fellas and lady.

To make trading easier, please park your car on the third level of the mall just outside of the exterior entrace of D&Bs. This will make swapping easier. Please also be sure to securely lock your valuables in the parking lot (as this is an "open" forum).

#983 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

Received a coupon in the mail saying that the NEW Microcenter on Rockville Pike is now open. The coupon was for a free Flashcard or a USB thingy. Anyhow, the Microcenter has replaced the CompUSA that was in Rockville. I won't be able to make it down until our meetup on Saturday, but I'd love to hear how it looks...how the trade-ins there were, etc.

#984 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:51 PM

Does anyone have interest in buying or trading for an original 1.5 FW PSP? I've got a 512 meg card for it too. I'll bring it with for the meetup. I'm thinking $120 for the PSP, battery, charger, leather case and mem card. PSP is very much like new, and was hardly used since I got it at launch.

MjC

#985 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:44 PM

I'm going to be fashionably late due to work and will be coming down from Baltimore area.

Which area of D&B do you guys hang out at and how can I identify CAGers?

*Green wrist bands?*

#986 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

I'm going to be fashionably late due to work and will be coming down from Baltimore area.

Which area of D&B do you guys hang out at and how can I identify CAGers?

*Green wrist bands?*

We usually sit up front at the long bar table, near the entrance that leads you out into the mall. All in all, you won't have trouble finding us though. We all don't look like stereotypical gamer-nerds, but the conversation will definitely be. Just look for the group that is having the most fun, and join them.

#987 zabari

zabari

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:02 PM

I wanna go!, I wanna go!

#988 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2007 - 09:23 PM

Received a coupon in the mail saying that the NEW Microcenter on Rockville Pike is now open. The coupon was for a free Flashcard or a USB thingy. Anyhow, the Microcenter has replaced the CompUSA that was in Rockville. I won't be able to make it down until our meetup on Saturday, but I'd love to hear how it looks...how the trade-ins there were, etc.

Checked it out today.

Place looks nice. Game section is kinda small, but this is the only Microcenter I've ever been to so I don't know how it compares.

They aren't accepting trade ins right now. The manager said they'll prob starting taking them in November, unfortunately after the current trade in deal ends.:cry:

#989 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:21 PM

Unfortunately, I am out. Can't believe I am going to miss this one. You guys have a great time.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#990 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:07 AM

That sucks thebob. I'll probably be there, but I might go to the Caps or Terps game.
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.