Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#1021 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:21 AM

I totally missed the audio of the shout-outs because of the Navy commercials the first listen through. Sounded great though all things considered in the busy and loud D&B.

#1022 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:31 AM

I just moved back into the area after being gone for 5 years, if there's another meetup, I'll try to make it :)

On a related note, has anyone found any Xbox 360 Elite bundles at any of the Costco's in the area? I'm looking to pick up an Xbox 360 Elite, and I figure Costco is probably the best place to get one because of their return policy.

#1023 tw4win

tw4win

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:24 PM

Just thought I'd let you know that K-Mart in Springfield, VA has copies of Mass Effect for sale. I picked up one and there were 3-4 left.

Posted Image

#1024 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

Anyone know if the game is available anywhere nearer to potomac? Maybe? if tw4win wants to buy me a copy and we meet somewhere that would be awesome as well... i really really want this game.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#1025 tw4win

tw4win

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:23 PM

Anyone know if the game is available anywhere nearer to potomac? Maybe? if tw4win wants to buy me a copy and we meet somewhere that would be awesome as well... i really really want this game.

I'm pretty sure it's too late to get one. I was personally told by Bioware that they called the Kmart in Springfield and told them to pull the game. I suspect other stores in the area got a similar call.

Anyone able to pick this up based on my tip?

#1026 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

Well thats the shaft

Now Playing:

#1027 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:50 PM

Nope. But I didn't go out and chase the game like in other circumstances. Oh bother. Too many games that it would probably sit next to my 360 until it came out and then some.

#1028 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:47 PM

Man if anyone finds an extra copy or something i'll pay pretty well... i really want this game

Now Playing:

#1029 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:01 PM

GOOD until 12/2/07.

EB/GS in Gaithersburg (by Chuck E Cheese) and in Germantown ONLY.

You get 50% more trade in on used games (flyers are in store), $30 extra on system trade in (excludes older systems, GBA, GC, GB), and $5 off new games.

#1030 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:05 PM

GOOD until 12/2/07.

You get 50% more trade in on used games (flyers are in store), $30 extra on system trade in (excludes older systems, GBA, GC, GB), and $5 off new games.

What would that make a PSP worth?

MjC

#1031 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:40 AM

What would that make a PSP worth?

MjC

Are you still trying to unload that PSP...it's not a PSPslim, right?

#1032 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:14 AM

Yeah, I am. It's a day 1 launch system, FW 1.5. Hardly used! I'm hoping for $100?

MjC

#1033 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:02 AM

Yeah, I am. It's a day 1 launch system, FW 1.5. Hardly used! I'm hoping for $100?

MjC

Yeah i'm actually in the same boat, i want a slim one.

Now Playing:

#1034 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:42 AM

GOOD until 12/2/07.

I wonder what that would make an Xbox trade in worth. Also, what road is this on? Thanks.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#1035 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:36 AM

I wonder what that would make an Xbox trade in worth. Also, what road is this on? Thanks.

The one in Gaithersburg is on 355 right off Montgomery Village 270 Exit, across the street from TRU.

The one in Germantown is on Middlebrook road.

#1036 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:52 PM

Sweet, just scored a Pro Xbox 360 w/Forza and MUA at Kmart using the 20% coupon. $293 for the Pro w/ the above games included is not too shabby.

They still had a couple left as of this morning.

#1037 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:10 PM

I have seen Rockband at most every retailer that I went to this morning. Hope all those that are interested are finding it.

An every better find is that I have seen the Zelda DS at BB being sold today. If I didn't have two of these darn DS Lites already, I'd be all over that...let alone already owning the game.

#1038 aspower

aspower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:02 AM

Sweet, just scored a Pro Xbox 360 w/Forza and MUA at Kmart using the 20% coupon. $293 for the Pro w/ the above games included is not too shabby.

They still had a couple left as of this morning.

Where abouts? The K-Mart in Aspen Hill, MD said the coupon was a no go for me. I ended up walking out w/ nothing.

#1039 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:03 AM

Where abouts? The K-Mart in Aspen Hill, MD said the coupon was a no go for me. I ended up walking out w/ nothing.

Gaithersburg, MD Kmart. Don't know if any are still around though. Prob should call first.

#1040 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:21 PM

Didn't the coupon expire?

#1041 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:57 PM

Didn't the coupon expire?

The first coupon expired on 11/17 EOD.

The second coupon expired on 11/21 at 10pm I think.

I used the second coupon on my purchase on 11/18.

#1042 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:10 PM

How did everyone make out on BF deals. I slept in and did my shopping online. Ventured out yesterday afternoon for a bit and bought GR 2 and Stuntman.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#1043 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

How did everyone make out on BF deals. I slept in and did my shopping online. Ventured out yesterday afternoon for a bit and bought GR 2 and Stuntman.

I did all of my shopping online, mostly DVDs. Ordered South Park seasons 1-4, Blood Diamond, Pan's Labyrinth, Children of Men, and Resident Evil 4 for the Wii.

If anyone here is looking for Play-Asia coupon codes, I have two that I probably won't use. Let me know if any of you guys want one, thought I'd check here before giving them away in another thread.

-Get US$8 off a purchase of US$50 or more
-Get US$12 off a purchase of US$100 or more

#1044 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, I also did all my shopping online. Picked up that Garmin from Walmart.com for $130 for a gift, a few seasons of Southpark, and EA Replay for PSP, $5 shipped from Bestbuy.com.

Thanks for offering up the coupons Gen! I don't think I need them, but it's really cool of you.

MjC

#1045 jmiller80

jmiller80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

After 2 years of getting up early and braving the crowds, I slept in and did the online routine.

Just R6V:LE and NYT Crosswords from AMZN. Nothing dramatic.

FYI, I posted pictures from the unofficial 11/17 party over on Goozex.
http://www.goozex.co...ums/t/3602.aspx

#1046 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:38 PM

After 2 years of getting up early and braving the crowds, I slept in and did the online routine.

Just R6V:LE and NYT Crosswords from AMZN. Nothing dramatic.

FYI, I posted pictures from the unofficial 11/17 party over on Goozex.
http://www.goozex.co...ums/t/3602.aspx

I, too, slept in. I bought a ton of Blu-Ray crap the week previous to BF though, and probably spent a few month's worth of mortgage away.

Anyhow, now that word of the super-secret Meetup at jmiller80's house has been announced...I felt that it was important to once again thank jmiller80 for being the gracious host. We all had an incredible time. The gaming was fun, and the Red Hot & Blue was delicious as always. Thanks for the great time.

Nothing beats old-school Bomberman in a basement corner.

#1047 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2007 - 06:43 PM

Anyone ever heard of Magfest before? Here's the URL:

www.magfest.org

I know the price is not super CAG friendly, but would anyone be interested in going one of the days?

MjC

#1048 dwhelan

dwhelan

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:00 AM

Anyhow, now that word of the super-secret Meetup at jmiller80's house has been announced...I felt that it was important to once again thank jmiller80 for being the gracious host. We all had an incredible time. The gaming was fun, and the Red Hot & Blue was delicious as always. Thanks for the great time.

Nothing beats old-school Bomberman in a basement corner.

Not to ripoff Lurk, but it was a good time, even if I looked like a "tool" playing Rayman. So, thanks J, and I can't wait to see everyone at the next meetup.

Anyone ever heard of Magfest before? Here's the URL:

www.magfest.org

I know the price is not super CAG friendly, but would anyone be interested in going one of the days?

MjC

I am definitely down for another convention and a CAG meetup at the same time sounds like a plan. My only issue is that I have a wedding that Saturday, but I am down for Friday or Sunday.

#1049 sasukeuchiha459

sasukeuchiha459

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:34 AM

im another MD CAG around target/GS in greenbelt cant stand that rip off trade in system in gs

#1050 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:10 PM

im another MD CAG around target/GS in greenbelt cant stand that rip off trade in system in gs

If it weren't for the 50% trade in value, I wouldn't trade in. Even 30% you feel ripped off.