Photo
- - - - -

Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#1051 nuttyturnip

nuttyturnip

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:18 PM

Wow, I didn't realize they'd moved Magfest up to DC. Last time I looked into it was when it was in Roanoke one year and Williamsburg the next. I've always been curious how it was.

#1052 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:00 AM

Wow, I didn't realize they'd moved Magfest up to DC. Last time I looked into it was when it was in Roanoke one year and Williamsburg the next. I've always been curious how it was.

Yeah, I was sorta jazzed about the idea when it started, but Roanoke is too far for me. Now I'm a little less jazzed, but it's within shooting distance. But hey, Angry Nintendo Nerd will be there!

MjC

#1053 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

Happy Holidays fellow DC area CAG folk. Looking forward to the next meetup in the new year. We will start the planning.

Lurk, you handled the last one. Want me to organize this one or lend a helping hand?

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#1054 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:43 AM

I haven't gone to a meetup yet, but I'm looking forward to finally making an appearance at the next one.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#1055 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

Merry Christmas to all the DC CAGs! Hope to see you all again at the next meetup!

MjC

#1056 coalhalo

coalhalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:09 AM

Any DC area CAGers who want to get together on XBL can send a request to my gamertag. CAGers are always welcome.
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/[IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/coalhalo.png[/IMG][/IMG]

-Long Live Death-

#1057 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2007 - 08:41 AM

I am just going to throw this out there because everyone should know. I love Mass Effect.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#1058 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2007 - 03:10 PM

Happy Holidays fellow DC CAG folk. Looking forward to meeting up in 2008.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#1059 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

Happy holidays, DC area CAGs! Looking forward to the next DC meetup in 2008!

#1060 feverlax

feverlax

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:18 PM

Hey guys,

Do any of you know of any stores in or around Rockville that have copies of the original Lumines for the PSP?

#1061 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:17 PM

Hey guys,

Do any of you know of any stores in or around Rockville that have copies of the original Lumines for the PSP?

No stores in Rockville, Gaithersburg, or Germantown have the original Lumines PSP new. You can get it at EB/GS for too much.

#1062 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:18 PM

No stores in Rockville, Gaithersburg, or Germantown have the original Lumines PSP new. You can get it at EB/GS for too much.

The toysRus near lakeforest had some last time i was there looking for lumines 2... That being said i have not been there in a while... happy hunting.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#1063 feverlax

feverlax

Posted 29 December 2007 - 08:50 PM

Thanks guys, I guess I'll start making some calls and see if I can find it

#1064 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:44 PM

Thanks guys, I guess I'll start making some calls and see if I can find it

Hey there,
I'm local and I have a few copies of the original Lumines. LMK if you want to do a swap/trade.

Anyhow, FYE Lakeforest has mislabeled Simpsons Blu-Ray with a $14.99 AR price. The thing is, there is either no longer a rebate or there has never been. The price will ring up as normal price, but if you bring this to their attention, they will honor the price as shown.

And while you are there, brand new Halo 3 is $20 AR. A $40 rebate, but they have always been honored for me.

#1065 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

Spoke with Lurk and Cleaver about another meetup and here is the date we thought would work best is Saturday, January 26, 2008. It is the week before the Super Bowl and there should not be too much happening in terms of sports, parties, etc.

So, give us you input.

This would be the tentitive plans:

Where- Dave & Buster's, Rockville (North Bethesda)

When- 3:00 pm, January 26, 3008

I am going to contact the Goozex folks. Lurk, can you notify Cheapy that we are doing it again, thanks.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#1066 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:39 PM

Looking forward to the next meetup. I'll probably get there earlier though as I have so many point cards for D&B to burn, from all of our other meetups.

#1067 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:06 PM

Spoke with Lurk and Cleaver about another meetup and here is the date we thought would work best is Saturday, January 26, 2008. It is the week before the Super Bowl and there should not be too much happening in terms of sports, parties, etc.

So, give us you input.

This would be the tentitive plans:

Where- Dave & Buster's, Rockville (North Bethesda)

When- 3:00 pm, January 26, 3008

I am going to contact the Goozex folks. Lurk, can you notify Cheapy that we are doing it again, thanks.

Sounds good, I should be able to make it, just need to put in a request to get the day off of work which shouldn't be a problem, once it's the official date of course. Looking forward to the meet-up!

#1068 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:54 AM

As far as I know right now that should work for me as well.

Also, I'm not going to be able to make MAGfest afterall. So just in case anyone goes, let me know how it is.

See you guys/gal soon!

MjC

#1069 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:49 AM

The date works for me, obviously.

I've got a Blade Runner Blu Ray briefcase and Guitar Hero 3 for Wii I'd sell for cost ($63 and $95, respectively) instead of returning them. I posted this here instead of the trade forum because I don't feel like shipping them.
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#1070 kazo

kazo

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:18 AM

:( I'd like to meet up with you guys but i'll only be in shady grove, md between feb. 4th to the 8th.. when do you guys usually do meetups? are they random? I'll prolly be able to catch you guys in the summer though (can't wait to move there).
Posted Image

#1071 jmiller80

jmiller80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:58 PM

I put the meet up on my calendar. With luck, my schedule will kneel before CAG yet again.

#1072 taioo8

taioo8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

Hello. My first time posting to CAG. I plan to attend this meetup, and have couple of questions. If the Goozex guys are going to be there, does this mean they will be facilitating the trades? Would they take the games and give me the points according to the Goozex’s website? I have few new games that I plan to bring, would I work with Goozex guys or other CAG members?

Thank you in advance

#1073 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hello. My first time posting to CAG. I plan to attend this meetup, and have couple of questions. If the Goozex guys are going to be there, does this mean they will be facilitating the trades? Would they take the games and give me the points according to the Goozex’s website? I have few new games that I plan to bring, would I work with Goozex guys or other CAG members?

Thank you in advance

That is not how the Goozex system/servce works. I suggest that you read the FAQs and visit their forums to better understand how the service works. If the Goozex guys are there, they would be merely there to answer questions and socialize.

#1074 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

Looks like that date will work out for another DC CAG meetup. Lurk, could you update the first post to reflect the new meetup date and details.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#1075 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:59 PM

Looks like that date will work out for another DC CAG meetup. Lurk, could you update the first post to reflect the new meetup date and details.

the bob101, I updated the first post as requested.
Just realize though, that I cannot yet commit to that date in 3008. Don't even know if I will be alive then.

#1076 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

Just realize though, that I cannot yet commit to that date in 3008. Don't even know if I will be alive then.

I like to plan way in advance, so there are no conflicts in my schedule. Nah, I am just an idiot, lol.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#1077 BigBen

BigBen

Samurai Shodown fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:13 AM

I plan on attending, is this "official" yet? I'll be bringing game to trade as well :)

#1078 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:45 AM

I plan on attending, is this "official" yet? I'll be bringing game to trade as well :)

It's as good as gold. If either thebob or I say that it's on, it's on. See you then. Will be doing the invite once again.

#1079 tsmvengy

tsmvengy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:44 PM

I will try to be there - hopefully people will be bringing some gamecube stuff to trade!

#1080 WriterDan

WriterDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:44 PM

I'll be there. The last meet-up I was able to come to was about a year ago, so this should be cool. I'll bring some stuff to trade.

I will try to be there - hopefully people will be bringing some gamecube stuff to trade!

Is there anything in particular you're looking for? I have a good bit of Gamecube stuff, but I'm not sure how much of it I want to part with.

BTW, if anyone is able to pick up an extra $5 copy of Virtua Fighter 5 PS3, I'd be interested. I was going to wait and get it for the 360, but since that just broke for the second time in a year, my PS3 is looking a lot better.
Posted Image