Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#91 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:43 AM

Oh bother. I guess that I'll miss out on the 80%...the scavengers I'm sure have pounced and destroyed.

#92 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:47 AM

Is the Tyson's store closing Saturday or Sunday?

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#93 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:31 PM

I don't remember. The skinny guy with long hair is the worst; I've noticed another guy who keeps to himself and just plays the 360. He's definitely more my kind of employee.

I have talked to that guy quite a bit. He is not the more the helpful guy around, but he is nice enough.

Matthew

#94 wishfulthinker828

wishfulthinker828

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:45 PM

Hell yes Solana Pizza & Subs on route 40 is the best. Their gyros and pizzas are pretty damn good.

#95 boozi

boozi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:55 AM

I'm a cheapy from Rockville, MD :D
まだ勉強しているよ、、、、、

#96 adidas

adidas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:00 AM

im from aspen hill- rockville... lol

#97 thespillcanvas

thespillcanvas

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:19 PM

The employees at the GS in St. Johns Plaza may be pushy, but after scoring mint copies of Grownlanser Generations. GI Joe Season 1 Part 1, and La Pucelle Tactics in one trip, I can't complain.

#98 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:17 PM

I am in Silver Spring, MD. I used to live in Aspen Hill.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#99 Stevesbored

Stevesbored

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:55 PM

Hey I overheard from some employees that the CC in Beltsville is getting some XB 360s in today. It's supposed to be advertised in the paper, so good luck getting one.
Fear the Turtle!

#100 adidas

adidas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:53 PM

the problem with beltsville is there not getting that many.. Wheaton circuit city is getting 26 preminums and 16 cores... so wheaton it is..

#101 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:00 AM

I just posted some guides, PC games and a PSP case for trade. Any DC Metro area folks interested? PM if you are.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#102 thespillcanvas

thespillcanvas

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:50 AM

Anyone spot anything good lately?

#103 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:37 AM

Anyone see any BB GGCs?

#104 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:00 PM

I saw one at the Columbia MD BB, but that was it.

Matthew

#105 probablysober

probablysober

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:50 AM

The employees at that Gamestop are some of the pushiest people around. :roll:

Every few weeks, I'll order dinner at Solanos and walk down to Gamestop to browse while I wait for my food. It never fails, they always ask me if I brought anything to trade in and give me the whole sales schpiel. It gets on my nerves, and I doubt I'd actually buy anything there because of it. I've overheard them pressuring customers to buy their stupid magazine subscription, and it makes me want to interupt them and tell the clueless parents, "Don't buy that, it's a ripoff!" I realize it's their job to be salespeople, but stop being so aggressive about it.

Seems almost as bad as my last experience in FYE located in Mazza Gallery. While one person went in back to find a game the other person kept asking me if I wanted to get a subscription to some magazine for free, I said no, this didn't stop her from asking a few more times, eventually she gave up and tried to get me to sign up and pay for some card that would get me a 10% discount. I rarely shop at FYE unless they have some random sale item that makes no sense so I said no again. Once again she wouldn't take no for an answer so I just left the store before the other guy could find the game (I hadn't paid yet).

#106 thespillcanvas

thespillcanvas

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:45 PM

Seems almost as bad as my last experience in FYE located in Mazza Gallery. While one person went in back to find a game the other person kept asking me if I wanted to get a subscription to some magazine for free, I said no, this didn't stop her from asking a few more times, eventually she gave up and tried to get me to sign up and pay for some card that would get me a 10% discount. I rarely shop at FYE unless they have some random sale item that makes no sense so I said no again. Once again she wouldn't take no for an answer so I just left the store before the other guy could find the game (I hadn't paid yet).

How could you ever pass on 10% off at FYE? If you got it your next purchases would be 10% less insanely overpriced! :lol:

#107 nuttyturnip

nuttyturnip

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:07 PM

I bought my PSP at FYE to get the $30 rebate, but then I forgot to send it in. #-o

Honestly though, I haven't been in FYE enough to interact with employees, and I haven't been to Mazza Galleria since I worked around American University back in 2000.

#108 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:41 PM

I really should be here more often.. lol

#109 voodo186

voodo186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:43 PM

The employees at the GS in St. Johns Plaza may be pushy, but after scoring mint copies of Grownlanser Generations. GI Joe Season 1 Part 1, and La Pucelle Tactics in one trip, I can't complain.

hahah hope ya enjoyed that GI JOE season 1 part 1 I traded that in . Watched an episode and decided it wasnt for me bad part was they only gave me like 8 or 9 bucks for it

#110 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:14 PM

Just saw a 360 Core system at the CC in Beltsville, MD.

Also, BB in Laurel, MD had a copy of Doom 3 RoE for $19.99 minus the $5 Rewards Coupon.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#111 thespillcanvas

thespillcanvas

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:10 PM

Just saw a 360 Core system at the CC in Beltsville, MD.

Also, BB in Laurel, MD had a copy of Doom 3 RoE for $19.99 minus the $5 Rewards Coupon.

Offtopic but, thebob, you're in The Viscious Martinis? They're pretty good. :)

#112 adidas

adidas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2006 - 04:43 AM

wheaton circuit city has like 35 preminum systems and 10 cores

#113 quercus

quercus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:20 PM

Anyone see any BB GGCs?

I was at the BB in Alexandria VA - Potomac Yards. They had some.

They had a bunch of signs up that they had Xbox 360s in stock too.

Also, the Target right there in Potomac Yards also had 360s in stock, I saw 3 premiums and 3 cores in the case.

#114 pellucidity

pellucidity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:31 AM

Fairfax CC had Premium 360s in today.

#115 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:49 AM

Offtopic but, thebob, you're in The Viscious Martinis? They're pretty good. :)

Thanks, just played our first show in VA (TT's) and it went pretty well. It was our CD release.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#116 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:33 PM

Beltsville, MD CC has two more copies of DQ VIII, bunch of HL 2 for Xbox and at least 5 Infected for PSP.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -

#117 slateman666

slateman666

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:46 PM

Anyone else ever notice how utterly horrible the CompUSA in (Federal Plaza) Rockville's video game section was (not that it matters much anymore)? They had tons of games out in plastic cases with color copies of the games in them and no prices for like 6 months.
We hail downfall. We hail black rain. Invert what's sane. We serve your faith...- Godflesh

#118 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, I dont go there anymore.

#119 io

io

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:17 PM

Anyone else ever notice how utterly horrible the CompUSA in (Federal Plaza) Rockville's video game section was (not that it matters much anymore)? They had tons of games out in plastic cases with color copies of the games in them and no prices for like 6 months.

But that store has the biggest clearance bin I've ever seen at a CompUSA. Sure, it is a big mess and you have to dig through it, but the prices seem to be half what other stores charge. I found an Arc The Lad for $5. Also got Echo Night Beyond for $5 (it is $10 at other CompUSAs). The selection there beats the crap out of the Alexandria store which had a bin up front full of full-priced games :roll:. They had a game I'd never even seen before - Dragon's Lair 3D for GC for $10. I picked it up and am not sure I'm going to keep it, but I though that was an interesting find. There's more of those there (think I got the last Arc the Lad though).

But, yeah, I agree that their regular game section is utter crap - a few boxes with xeroxed game art and no prices. Though that is a little less insulting than the "Manager's Special - $44.95" I see at other stores.

#120 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:21 PM

I just went to the Landover CC and it had tons of clearance games from the April sale. They are mispriced, but it might be worth it to venture over there. I saw SWAT (Xbox), Arc the Lad (PS2), Castlevaina and more.

Posted Image

Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -