Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#1321 toymachine12

toymachine12

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

Tactical Airsoft Arena is now open in Rockville. Anyone game?
Here is the email that I got from them the other day. Perhaps this will be our next meetup?

We've finally been given the OK to open by the City of Rockville!
Games will be starting this Friday May 16 at 7pm.

Our hours are
Friday 7pm-11pm
Saturday 11am-7pm
Sunday 11am-7pm

http://www.tacticalairsoftarena.com/

Looks like a lot of fun. I am definitely interested! :twoguns:
Posted Image

#1322 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

Head up everyone. I stopped off at the Best Buy in Fairfax this afternoon (Fair Lakes/Oaks) and at the 360 section endcap, they had about 12 Halo 3 legendary editions, plus the strategy guide for $60. Maybe not a huge deal, but not bad considering its original retail price.

This is more than likely a manager special.

#1323 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:02 PM

nevermind, wrong region

#1324 KONY

KONY

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:29 AM

Hello all,

Long-time lurker here. Would like to trade with local CAGs! Check my meager list below.
Would like to trade with other CAGs in Northern Virginia!

My Trade List: http://www.cheapassg...606#post4452606

#1325 adamsappel

adamsappel

lives Off The Grid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:11 AM

I live across the street from it. I walk up there sometimes. I've made friends with the owners haha, they know me by name. I guess we live pretty close by.

Huh, I've never seen this place, yet I apparently live 4.17 miles away. Is this in the shopping center that is across the street from the one with Giant, Blockbuster, Hungry Howies, and a pet supply store? Is there a McDonalds in the parking lot?
Posted Image

#1326 dwhelan

dwhelan

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:27 AM

Hey all, I know the last meet up was pretty recent, but I figured I would throw this out there. PLAY! is coming to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra on July 18th, at the Meyerhoff concert hall. I am getting a group of friends together to go and figured I would see if any of my fellow CAGs are interested.

Info is here --http://www.play-symphony.com/index.php

And ordering is here -- http://www.bsomusic....1,2&PerfNo=7336

#1327 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hey Tiny! I would be interested in that, but I'll be in St Thomas that weekend.

Also, I like Lurk's idea for trying out the Airsoft place. Anyone else interested in giving it a shot?

MjC

#1328 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:39 AM

Huh, I've never seen this place, yet I apparently live 4.17 miles away. Is this in the shopping center that is across the street from the one with Giant, Blockbuster, Hungry Howies, and a pet supply store? Is there a McDonalds in the parking lot?

Yes, but the Hungry Howies is no longer. We only have the HH that is in Derwood atm. But once again, yes, it's in the McDonald's strip mall.

#1329 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:04 AM

Also, I like Lurk's idea for trying out the Airsoft place. Anyone else interested in giving it a shot?

MjC

Pun intended, I imagine.

#1330 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

Something is in the midst...let's start talking about possible free weekends, and then I'll make an announcement.

#1331 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:14 PM

Something is in the midst...let's start talking about possible free weekends, and then I'll make an announcement.

After this weekend, July is pretty open for me.

#1332 jmiller80

jmiller80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:40 PM

July 12 works for me. Also, the three "middle" weekends work in August. I can't make anything else in July or August.

Anyone else going to PAX?
Posted Image

#1333 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

I don't expect to have any free weekends in July, but there will probably be a couple of dates in August that would work for me. I'll have to check back in later.

Also, I check out that Airsoft place in Rockville. Tactical Airsoft Arena. It was pretty good. Nice selection of rental guns, good protective equipment. Prices were not bad at all, especially if you don't need to rent any gear. The playing area was designed well enough, but it is fairly small. And there's still plenty of construction stuff lying around in unused areas. It's new, and I'm sure they'll have that sorted out soon enough. The guy who appeared to be the owner was pretty cool. I found his description of the rules to be pretty entertaining.

MjC

#1334 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Rockville BB has about 3 or 4 tubs of games for various systems, all 50% off.

Nothing notable, MLB 07 I think was the only PS3 game I saw.

They also have Halo 3 Legendary for $50

#1335 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

Late July or August would probably work for me, assuming I can get the day off work if it's on a Saturday.

#1336 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

Rockville BB has about 3 or 4 tubs of games for various systems, all 50% off.

Nothing notable, MLB 07 I think was the only PS3 game I saw.

They also have Halo 3 Legendary for $50

Thanks for the heads up, might be time to finally pick up that helmet.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#1337 Omnislash124

Omnislash124

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:30 PM

It looks like this is where all the NoVA people migrated to (the one in the Southeastern region is pretty empty) so I guess I might get a better answer here.

Can anybody recommend any major (well, doesn't have to be major in size, but in content) video game/anime specialty stores around the area. I live in Ashburn, VA (which is surrounded by a bunch of bigger cities (Leesburg, Chantilly, Sterling), but doesn't have much in itself) and I've gone exploring myself a bit. I've found eStarland in Fairfax, VA (which is a nice little store with a good selection of everything) and Anime Pavilion in Falls Church, VA (great store for manga/DVDs). I went searching for other ones, but the only other one of any significance was Anime World in Chantilly, and to be honest, it paled in comparison to the previous two stores. If anybody knows and can recommend any stores within an hours drive from Ashburn, that'd be great.

#1338 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

Omnislash124, I don't know if I can be of any help...as I just don't think that there are any great video game stores in the DC metro area. Welcome to this thread, as we certainly welcome Northern VA CAGs.

Anyhow, just wanted to report that in Lakeforest Mall, Gaithersburg, there is a new foreign DVD shop, called Foreign Cinema...it specializes in Asian martial arts/import DVDs. It is an interesting shop with Anime, swords, etc. I cannot vouch for the authenticity of all of the materials sold though. I personally had my doubts but they re-assured me many times over.

Will post again.

#1339 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

It looks like this is where all the NoVA people migrated to (the one in the Southeastern region is pretty empty) so I guess I might get a better answer here.

Can anybody recommend any major (well, doesn't have to be major in size, but in content) video game/anime specialty stores around the area. I live in Ashburn, VA (which is surrounded by a bunch of bigger cities (Leesburg, Chantilly, Sterling), but doesn't have much in itself) and I've gone exploring myself a bit. I've found eStarland in Fairfax, VA (which is a nice little store with a good selection of everything) and Anime Pavilion in Falls Church, VA (great store for manga/DVDs). I went searching for other ones, but the only other one of any significance was Anime World in Chantilly, and to be honest, it paled in comparison to the previous two stores. If anybody knows and can recommend any stores within an hours drive from Ashburn, that'd be great.

Microcenter is decent as far as having pretty much any game you can think of. Otherwise it's your usual Gamestop/EBgames/BBV/BB/CC...

#1340 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:28 AM

Microcenter is somewhat ok, but their staff and management has become mostly useless in recent years. eStarland's hole in the wall shop is good and their Saturday specials can be really good sometimes. Ashburn is still a developing area (my brother works out there).

#1341 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:49 AM

Anyhow, just wanted to report that in Lakeforest Mall, Gaithersburg, there is a new foreign DVD shop, called Foreign Cinema...it specializes in Asian martial arts/import DVDs. It is an interesting shop with Anime, swords, etc. I cannot vouch for the authenticity of all of the materials sold though. I personally had my doubts but they re-assured me many times over.

Will post again.

If it's anything like Foreign Flix, half the movies are prolly bootlegs. And I've had problems trying to get the DVDs to work from FF. If you do buy anything from there lurk, let me know, cuz I would def check it out.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#1342 Omnislash124

Omnislash124

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. Microcenter seems to be a good place to check out, even if everything I see is retail price. Assuming we're talking about the one this Microcenter, and better yet, there's supposedly one in Fairfax, which is around the area of eStarland and Anime Pavilion. If I'm feeling brave, I might venture up to Maryland. Gaithersburg's not too far away either. Maybe an 50 minutes to an hour?

And yeah, Ashburn is still in the process of developing. LOTS of wide open spaces just sitting there. It's lacking some shopping centers. Sadly, the closest Gamestops/EB/BB/CC/TRU are all in neighboring city Sterling.

#1343 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:23 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. Microcenter seems to be a good place to check out, even if everything I see is retail price. Assuming we're talking about the one this Microcenter, and better yet, there's supposedly one in Fairfax, which is around the area of eStarland and Anime Pavilion. If I'm feeling brave, I might venture up to Maryland. Gaithersburg's not too far away either. Maybe an 50 minutes to an hour?

And yeah, Ashburn is still in the process of developing. LOTS of wide open spaces just sitting there. It's lacking some shopping centers. Sadly, the closest Gamestops/EB/BB/CC/TRU are all in neighboring city Sterling.

These days Microcenter can be good for spare parts, however they tend to be very competitive with Newegg and last time they told me that they will MATCH newegg if they offer something cheaper than what MC has to offer.
They do trade in's at the fairfax location, however don't expect great deals or prices for trade in's these days. In the beginning they had some great promos, including trade any 9 games (no matter what generation as long as it was in their system) and you get an extra 25 back over your credit.
I would suggest signing up for their monthly sales ad.

I suggest going their on Satudays in the mid after noon as you can swing by the Estarland store for the saturday specials then hop over to MC a few miles away.

#1344 Omnislash124

Omnislash124

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:45 PM

Are eStarland's Saturday deals posted online? I never noticed they had them.

#1345 FlamingMoogles

FlamingMoogles

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:35 AM

So for any NoVa cagers just lettin you know, even though i reside in montgomery village; my girlfriend lives in Leesburg....so if anyone is up for some trades or anything just let me know! Cause i'm down there alot.

Posted Image

#1346 mav451

mav451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:07 AM

These days Microcenter can be good for spare parts, however they tend to be very competitive with Newegg and last time they told me that they will MATCH newegg if they offer something cheaper than what MC has to offer.
They do trade in's at the fairfax location, however don't expect great deals or prices for trade in's these days. In the beginning they had some great promos, including trade any 9 games (no matter what generation as long as it was in their system) and you get an extra 25 back over your credit.
I would suggest signing up for their monthly sales ad.

I suggest going their on Satudays in the mid after noon as you can swing by the Estarland store for the saturday specials then hop over to MC a few miles away.

I had a pretty fucked up convo with the Rockville manager - he wouldn't budge. I was trying to get them to match mobo prices, I'm talking literally $120-150 over Newegg. Apparently the best he could do was still $50 more than Newegg's - and he told me "take it or leave it". Truly wtf moment for me.

Manager's pretty much a dbag to put it bluntly. If you are able to get anything out of him, I commend you.

#1347 jgamezcua

jgamezcua

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

FYI, Germantown Walmart has 2 eye of judgement fromt the recent "nationwide, ahem cough cough" drop.

UNFORTUNATELY, they're ringing up 69.99. Of course, when I went to ring up, it was the floor manager who rung me up. I mentioned to him that I thought the price may be incorrect and he said "yeah, this item is deleted and dropped in price but we have the discretion of accepting the price drop. Our store isn't going to adjust the price to $29."

WTF!!! Maybe some other CAG will get lucky and score it for $29, but don't get your hopes up at the Germantown Walmart :(

#1348 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

FYI, Germantown Walmart has 2 eye of judgement fromt the recent "nationwide, ahem cough cough" drop.

UNFORTUNATELY, they're ringing up 69.99. Of course, when I went to ring up, it was the floor manager who rung me up. I mentioned to him that I thought the price may be incorrect and he said "yeah, this item is deleted and dropped in price but we have the discretion of accepting the price drop. Our store isn't going to adjust the price to $29."

WTF!!! Maybe some other CAG will get lucky and score it for $29, but don't get your hopes up at the Germantown Walmart :(

Thanks for saving me a trip. But I am more amazed that you got a reasoned response from a Walmart employee at Germantown.

#1349 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:30 AM

That doesn't surprise me. The Target near the Germantown Walmart doesn't have the good clearance YMMV stuff either.

#1350 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

Posted Image
Direct Download

This is my first show so there were a lot of lessons learned but if you have some time give it a listen and give me some feedback on the GameEnthus Forums(here)

GameEnthus.com - check out some of the videos and the forums.