Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#1981 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:22 AM

@ Mana, how is that Six Flags? I have heard from a few people that there are usually more rides not running than those that are? Would hate to spend money to get in, only to find most things are shut down.

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#1982 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:56 PM

Anyone find inFAMOUS 2 for $30 at any local targets?

#1983 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

I tried the Gaithersburg Target and nothing.
CML

#1984 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:39 PM

I was in the Hyattsville Target yesterday and though I didn't know about the inFAMOUS 2 thing I did look at the clearance section (as I always do in Target). No dice.

33126.png

#1985 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

Target is so hit or miss that I no longer waste my time driving there when I see a deal on CAG. The ones near me always are at the highest clearance prices.
CML

#1986 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

I was in the Annapolis Target a little while ago. The clearance rack has been either bone dry or pathetic for a long time now. No Infamous 2's to speak of. I asked the guy and he told me that i wasn't the first person to ask about it, so some other CAGers clearly stopped by.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
Gen. George S. Patton

#1987 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

Nothing at the Rockville MD Target.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#1988 cficare

cficare

Respek Knuckles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

Nada at Reston, VA target.

#1989 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

Columbia Target didnt have it. Very depressing, I really want this deal.

#1990 Midnite

Midnite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

No dice at the White Marsh or Cockeysville Target for InFamous 2.

#1991 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:06 PM

I tried the Gaithersburg Target and nothing.

Been to that Target before. Not much luck with clearance there.

I was in the Hyattsville Target yesterday and though I didn't know about the inFAMOUS 2 thing I did look at the clearance section (as I always do in Target). No dice.

Been to that Target before. Can't remember its clearance section too well.

Target is so hit or miss that I no longer waste my time driving there when I see a deal on CAG. The ones near me always are at the highest clearance prices.

It's a very hit or miss. I probably got lucky most in Ellicott City, Laurel, and Glen Burnie South, but typically I rarely see anything

I was in the Annapolis Target a little while ago. The clearance rack has been either bone dry or pathetic for a long time now. No Infamous 2's to speak of. I asked the guy and he told me that i wasn't the first person to ask about it, so some other CAGers clearly stopped by.

Haven't been there in a while, but only one time did I ever see good games on clearance there.

Nothing at the Rockville MD Target.

Been to Rockville Target. Can't say I've seen much clearance there.

Columbia Target didnt have it. Very depressing, I really want this deal.

The Target I'm at a lot, yet I rarely see clearance games there. Usually has nothing.

No dice at the White Marsh or Cockeysville Target for InFamous 2.

I was in White Marsh Target this weekend (next to no clearance if I remember correctly) and was in Cockeysville Target one month ago (not much luck).

I've probably been to more Target stores than anyone here, going to Ellicott City, Columbia, Glen Burnie South and North, Annapolis, Laurel, Hyattsville, Bowie, Greenbelt, Wheaton, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Baltimore (near Modawain Mall), Towson, Cockeysville, White Marsh, Middle River, Westminister, Bel Air, Pikesville, and Abingdon.
Posted Image

#1992 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

I've probably been to more Target stores than anyone here, going to Ellicott City, Columbia, Glen Burnie South and North, Annapolis, Laurel, Hyattsville, Bowie, Greenbelt, Wheaton, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Baltimore (near Modawain Mall), Towson, Cockeysville, White Marsh, Middle River, Westminister, Bel Air, Pikesville, and Abingdon.

Yup.

33126.png

#1993 Atherius

Atherius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:35 AM

Is there an official group/outing going down for the Play concert? I know there is mention of lawn seating - is anyone interested in an official gathering? I'd also be down for a carpool or train pool kind of dealio.

- J

You don't try to Fuck over an internet full of nerds and get away with it.

#1994 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

I took a trip to Ellicott City and picked up the Genesis game "Quackshot starring Donald Duck" for $2 including case and instructions. Not bad at all. I can see another visit with my wife in the near future. Here's where I got the game:
Taylor's Antique Mall
8197 Main Street
Ellicott City, MD 21227
booth 306

The booth is upstairs. There's very slim pickings in the booth, but the city as a whole is a great place to spend half a day.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
Gen. George S. Patton

#1995 Midnite

Midnite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:28 AM

I was in White Marsh Target this weekend (next to no clearance if I remember correctly) and was in Cockeysville Target one month ago (not much luck).

White Marsh's clearance for games is usually way down by the books. Last time I checked they had Sly Collection, Vanquished, Split Second, Super Street Fighter 4, Killzone 2, Battlefield 2 all on PS3 on clearance and a bunch of Wii shovel ware.

#1996 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:08 PM

Is there an official group/outing going down for the Play concert? I know there is mention of lawn seating - is anyone interested in an official gathering? I'd also be down for a carpool or train pool kind of dealio.

- J

It's less than a month away, so it should be a good time to get an official post going. I know there are 3-4 of us who already have tickets. For those of you still interested, here are the details:

PLAY! A Video Game Symphony
1551 Trap Rd
Vienna, VA 22182
Date and Time: Friday July 8th, 2011. 8:30pm (should probably meetup sooner)

As mentioned, be sure to get the lawn tickets; they are the cheapest and most flexible in terms of getting a group together. As for transportation, I was considering taking the Metro + free shuttle over, but if there's a solid carpool plan, I could go with that, too.

#1997 Atherius

Atherius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

As for transportation, I was considering taking the Metro + free shuttle over, but if there's a solid carpool plan, I could go with that, too.

What area are you coming from? I'm in Pentagon City, and thinking of metroing it up as well.

#1998 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

What area are you coming from? I'm in Pentagon City, and thinking of metroing it up as well.

I'm coming from Union Station. Depending on how many of us are metroing, we could either meet at a station beforehand, like Rosslyn or Metro Center, or meet at West Falls Church, where the shuttle picks people up.

#1999 Atherius

Atherius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

I got my ticket - happy to meet at Rosslyn or West Falls Church. Actually any stop is fine, I think Metro only charges you by the place you exit, not the time spent on the train.

#2000 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

@ Atherius you are right next to me, I am in Crystal City

#2001 Atherius

Atherius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

Ha! That's awesome. Do you work in DC? We should plan a NOVA Meetup. Too many MDs in here :D.

#2002 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

I work at the fashion centre the one in pentagon city (shoot me) graduated college last year and i work for min. wage, this job market blows!

#2003 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

haha yeah at the damn mall (shoot me) graduated college last year and i work for min. wage, this job market blows!

Which mall?

33126.png

#2004 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:33 PM

haha sorry I did a quick edit! haha the fashion centre at pentagon city

#2005 Atherius

Atherius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:00 AM

That's awesome. Well the not being able to find the job you want isn't, but I walk through that mall every day. I live across the street. I really like the area. I work in Downtown DC, but the mall is a daily venue for me.

#2006 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:02 AM

I work at the fashion centre the one in pentagon city (shoot me) graduated college last year and i work for min. wage, this job market blows!

What's your degree in?

That's awesome. Well the not being able to find the job you want isn't, but I walk through that mall every day. I live across the street. I really like the area. I work in Downtown DC, but the mall is a daily venue for me.

I tend to frequent the Montgomery County malls more, though I agree that Pentagon City is a very nice mall.

33126.png

#2007 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

Communications with a concentration in advertising. And yeah it is nice but sooooo damn busy all the time

#2008 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

I used to work in one of the building across the street from the mall, and it does get ridiculously busy, especially during the spring when all the schools decide to take their class trips to DC. I do like that it has the only Gamestop I've been to that annually gives away their leftover pre-order bonuses.

#2009 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

any of you play WoW? i just started on bloodhoof. let me know if you wanna friend me on there
Gen. George S. Patton

#2010 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

I used to work in one of the building across the street from the mall, and it does get ridiculously busy, especially during the spring when all the schools decide to take their class trips to DC. I do like that it has the only Gamestop I've been to that annually gives away their leftover pre-order bonuses.

Yeah it's insane! Saw the panama soccer team there 2 weeks ago, was pretty cool haha. Haven't really frequented the gamestop much but may have to check it out.

@ mm2barry
No WoW but I am going to get into Starcraft 2 one of these days, not sure if you play though.