Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#2071 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:51 PM

He probably just got worn out, it was hot and he was just repeating the same line over and over

#2072 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned back in May, but I just found out they're opening a Gamestop in Adams Morgan. It will nice to finally have a GS in upper Northwest for those of us who can't be bothered to leave our ivory towers. :D

http://www.princeofp...n-adams-morgan/

33126.png

#2073 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:59 PM

All right, I'm going to try to be on PlayStation Network's "The Tester" season 3. Hoping I represent our area:
https://casting.thet....com/ManaKnight
Posted Image

#2074 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

@ Mana that would be awesome!

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#2075 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

Go ManaKnight and represent! Too bad we can't vote for you and get all of CAG behind you.

#2076 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:00 AM

Sorry to be a pimp on here, but I want all the DC CAGers to get a shot at this if they want:
http://annapolis.cra...2546956837.html
you guys have first crack at this! I will look to discount it some and maybe accept some trades to lower the price. I want to sell the lot to pick up the PSVita when it comes out
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
Gen. George S. Patton

#2077 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

I pretty much own all that you listed. :p I need a 4th PSP, but I'm going to buy new.
Posted Image

#2078 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

Good luck with the Craigslist sale.

I've give up on Craigslist after 7+ years of selling items in the DC area. When you list a bunch of items and attempt to bundle them together you're bothered by replies like I'll take your 1 item for half of what your asking for and come meet me 45 minutes away. F that. CL is now used by very cheap people....even by CAG standards. Plus, the DC area isn't that far apart, but traffic makes traveling twice as difficult. Sorry, just my rant on CL.
CML

#2079 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:22 PM

Good luck with the Craigslist sale.

I've give up on Craigslist after 7+ years of selling items in the DC area. When you list a bunch of items and attempt to bundle them together you're bothered by replies like I'll take your 1 item for half of what your asking for and come meet me 45 minutes away. F that. CL is now used by very cheap people....even by CAG standards. Plus, the DC area isn't that far apart, but traffic makes traveling twice as difficult. Sorry, just my rant on CL.

http://t2.gstatic.co...PH-K2pLJuuHpxYA
So what are you selling?

#2080 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

CML. I'm pretty much CAG only selling or trading now. ;)
CML

#2081 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

I've gone to Baltimore Comic-Con twice now without buying one comic. I think tomorrow i'm just going to hit the 50 cent bins and go crazy.

#2082 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:51 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I just got it in my email. This Saturday there is a huge event for "Double Victory" and they are also showing a sneak peek look at "Red Tails" (executive producer is George Lucas). Cuba Gooding Jr., Terrence Howard, Nate Parker, and David Oyelowo will be in attendance for a Q&A. Best of all, it is free! Hoping at least one CAG in the area is willing to go and take pictures. It seems really neat!

All the details can be found here: http://redtailsdc.eventbrite.com/
Posted Image

#2083 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

Anyone else going to PAX Prime?

I am leaving today to Seattle and was wondering if other are going too.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#2084 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

All right, I'm going to try to be on PlayStation Network's "The Tester" season 3. Hoping I represent our area:
https://casting.thet....com/ManaKnight

Just to let people know, voting has started. You can vote once a day if you want.
Posted Image

#2085 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Just voted for you ManaKnight.

Is there a Moderator that can put the entire CAG community behind you and maybe front page this?

#2086 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

Just to let you guys know, the Borders in pentagon city is having a 50-70% going out of business sale. Kinda picked over but there is a TON of manga, a couple game guides and such. So if you are near check it out. If not, you can give me an author or whatever and I can take a peak for ya.

#2087 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

Just to let you guys know, the Borders in pentagon city is having a 50-70% going out of business sale. Kinda picked over but there is a TON of manga, a couple game guides and such. So if you are near check it out. If not, you can give me an author or whatever and I can take a peak for ya.

Uh oh, looks like I might drive there sometime this week. I wanted to make sure, it isn't the one in Springfield, VA? That one didn't have much when I was there.
Posted Image

#2088 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

nope, directly across from the pentagon fashion centre. The more popular authors were majorly picked over but when I was there, the manga section looked untouched. Looking for something in particular?

#2089 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:44 AM

I was going to drive to Germantown, MD again for manga once since they had good stuff, but didn't last weekend due to the storm. I picked up good stuff in Timonium, ND. Regardless, it's more like I gotta look at the manga to make up my mind to see what I need. For sure I'm looking for Blue Exorcist which isn't Vol. 3 and Future Diary greater than vol. 8. But at the same time, I NEED to stop spending money (after buying tons of anime and preordering pricey video games like the $120 bundle for Disagaea 4).
Posted Image

#2090 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:48 AM

Aw man, was there last weekend (on vacation from nyc) when it was just 40%. Would LOVE to go back now. I picked up a batman graphic novel for cheap when I was there but you're right they had a ton of manga. I'm going to miss that Borders too I always went there while on vacation.

#2091 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

Aw man, was there last weekend (on vacation from nyc) when it was just 40%. Would LOVE to go back now. I picked up a batman graphic novel for cheap when I was there but you're right they had a ton of manga. I'm going to miss that Borders too I always went there while on vacation.

I'm going to miss Borders too. Many memories from the store from buying manga there, textbooks for college at my college location, buying OPM there for a demo disc, etc.

I pretty much cleared Columbia, MD location of everything I want. Annapolis, MD didn't have much special. Columbia Mall location has next to nothing left. Silver Spring, MD was a mess. Springfield, VA had very little even at 20% off. Germantown, MD and Timonium, MD were the two best I went to the last time I was at both.
Posted Image

#2092 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

I'm going to miss Borders too. Many memories from the store from buying manga there, textbooks for college at my college location, buying OPM there for a demo disc, etc.

I pretty much cleared Columbia, MD location of everything I want. Annapolis, MD didn't have much special. Columbia Mall location has next to nothing left. Silver Spring, MD was a mess. Springfield, VA had very little even at 20% off. Germantown, MD and Timonium, MD were the two best I went to the last time I was at both.

You are prohibited from visiting the Germantown one!! That one is mine, and I am waiting for 80% off to arrive.

On other news, went to PAX Prime and will be making a blog here (on CAG, not on this thread) to give an idea and preview of some games (plus pictures overload). Definitely not missing any more PAX conventions.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#2093 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

You are prohibited from visiting the Germantown one!! That one is mine, and I am waiting for 80% off to arrive.

On other news, went to PAX Prime and will be making a blog here (on CAG, not on this thread) to give an idea and preview of some games (plus pictures overload). Definitely not missing any more PAX conventions.

That is my store. :)

#2094 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

I will go back there whether you like it or not. ;) I might even go there on my birthday. We can celebrate it if you want. :-P
Posted Image

#2095 jmiller80

jmiller80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

Good seeing you at PAX, nightmare.

Saw and played a lot of good indie / XBLA / Steam prospects. Mass Effect 3 was looking good, too.
Posted Image

#2096 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

Good seeing you at PAX, nightmare.

Saw and played a lot of good indie / XBLA / Steam prospects. Mass Effect 3 was looking good, too.

Same. Was fun, I got to go again. Definitely already planning PAX East.

#2097 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

The sad thing about manga discounts is that even at 70% off, it still doesn't get down to what I see at yardsales and flea markets ($1 apiece). I dunno though, it might still be worth checking out for some Berserk manga in Timonium.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#2098 jmiller80

jmiller80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

Just registered for Magfest after hearing many good things about it from the GameEnthus crew.
Posted Image

#2099 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

The sad thing about manga discounts is that even at 70% off, it still doesn't get down to what I see at yardsales and flea markets ($1 apiece). I dunno though, it might still be worth checking out for some Berserk manga in Timonium.

I buy manga from rightstuf and Amazon typically. At that deal, they are usually cheaper.
Posted Image

#2100 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

I buy manga from rightstuf and Amazon typically. At that deal, they are usually cheaper.

Indeed, online is usually better than retail. Locally there's a comic shop not far from me that charges $15 a pop :drool: and it's like yeah right, used bookstores charge $3-5 for the same manga.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...