Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#2191 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

Amazon is telling me I won't get my Mario until wednesday. Why does Nintendo insist on releases their games on sundays!?

MjC

#2192 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

What about MAGfest? I think some of my friends are going to the upcoming one, so I might tag along.

I plan to be at Magfest friday night through sunday morning.

MjC

#2193 jterp7

jterp7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

I'm thinking about getting rid of my ps3 80 with the TE fightstick. Also have GT5 and SSFIV that get no playing time. I figured I'd run it by here since I had a couple responses the last time.

#2194 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

I plan to be at Magfest friday night through sunday morning.

MjC

You should have gotten Mario from kmart. If you did you'd have it and a $15 game credit. The game is awesome. I hope you get it in time to play some to discuss on the show. MAGFEST!

#2195 jr233270

jr233270

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

I'm new to the DC area and looking to sell a bunch of games - would rather sell to a local CAG than to GameStop. Check my list in the marketplace and let me know if you're interested in anything. I'm willing to sell everything I have bc I need money for Christmas presents. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys at a meet-up in the future, too!

#2196 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

You should have gotten Mario from kmart. If you did you'd have it and a $15 game credit. The game is awesome. I hope you get it in time to play some to discuss on the show. MAGFEST!

I would not buy from K-mart because I lack their rewards card to get the deal, and K-Mart is WAY too far out of my way (nearest being either Pasadena, MD or on Wabash Ave in Baltimore).

Amazon is telling me I won't get my Mario until wednesday. Why does Nintendo insist on releases their games on sundays!?

MjC

So kids don't skip school.

I'm new to the DC area and looking to sell a bunch of games - would rather sell to a local CAG than to GameStop. Check my list in the marketplace and let me know if you're interested in anything. I'm willing to sell everything I have bc I need money for Christmas presents. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys at a meet-up in the future, too!

Welcome to the area.
Posted Image

#2197 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

Was just going to drive back and forth to anime usa but screw it i'm bumming a floor with a group instead. Now I can go to those 1 am panels easier

#2198 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Was just going to drive back and forth to anime usa but screw it i'm bumming a floor with a group instead. Now I can go to those 1 am panels easier

Hope to see you there. If you see a black Renton Thurston on Saturday (from Eureka Seven), that's me.
Posted Image

#2199 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hope to see you there. If you see a black Renton Thurston on Saturday (from Eureka Seven), that's me.

Didn't catch you at all man. I heard this year the attendance was four to five thousand but it didn't seem any worse then last year as far as crowding .

#2200 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

Didn't catch you at all man. I heard this year the attendance was four to five thousand but it didn't seem any worse then last year as far as crowding .

I heard it was 5100. I just wrote a CAG blog on the event. Saw your photos posted on cosplay.com.

I'll link you to my cosplay via PM.
Posted Image

#2201 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

Well next year is a new location which the con needs. just hoping they don't raise prices anymore it was approaching Otakon levels this year and I personally don't feel it should be that high just yet.

#2202 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Play PlayStation Vita early at Potomac Mills in Woodbridge, VA until December 30th. I posted my story via CAG Blog:
http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=23038

I was in Woodbridge, VA yesterday playing.
Posted Image

#2203 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

You guys ready for the dumbest question ever?
Is anyone done with Skyrim and want to trade it? Let me know. I have a huge collection and I'm sure we can work something out.
My collection on here is pretty up to date, but let me know if you're looking for something in particular.
If we agree to something, depending on where you live, we can meet half-way. I'm in Annapolis.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
Gen. George S. Patton

#2204 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

For those going to MAGFest, today's LivingSocial deal is for $40 at Ketchup, one of the resturants at National Harbor.

https://share.living...jp&rpi=37966942

Feel free to post your referral links after hitting mine.
Posted Image

#2205 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

For those going to MAGFest, today's LivingSocial deal is for $40 at Ketchup, one of the resturants at National Harbor.

MAGfest looks like fun. I'm going to have to check it out. Thanks for the post.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
Gen. George S. Patton

#2206 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Thanks, here's my referral

https://share.living...jp&rpi=37974966

MCalvert brought this to my attention
Keep the fine print in mind:

Limit one per table per visit • Dine-in only (not valid for takeout or delivery) • Be nice and tip on the pre-discounted total! • Entire value must be used in a single visit • Other conditions apply • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 29, 2016 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 2, 2012

#2207 BDC4980

BDC4980

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:41 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a good price on WWE '12 for PS3 in Montgomery County?

#2208 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Originally I wasn't going to go figuring it would not be for me. After looking into it, I'm very tempted to go.
Posted Image

#2209 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

GameEnthusLife Mario Kart 7 Racing Community code: 48-5073-6084-2695

#2210 tier1dc

tier1dc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:38 AM

I have a PS3 Saints Row 3: The third.

I would ideally like to trade it for Skyrim for the PS3 or $30 cash.

I live near 16th and P St NW DC.

#2211 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

Who's going to PAX East? Was gonna buy my 3-day pass today, but with hotel prices like they are now, it comes out to hundreds going by myself, I love going to the convention, but that is just to much $ for one trip unless I plan better.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#2212 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

Who's going to PAX East? Was gonna buy my 3-day pass today, but with hotel prices like they are now, it comes out to hundreds going by myself, I love going to the convention, but that is just to much $ for one trip unless I plan better.

With PAX East falling on Easter weekend, it wasn't even a thought about going. What about Magfest? Are you going?

MjC

#2213 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

I'm undecided on PAX East, but I'll be at MAGFest Friday to Sunday

#2214 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

With PAX East falling on Easter weekend, it wasn't even a thought about going. What about Magfest? Are you going?

MjC

I most likely will go. I preregistered, but haven't paid yet cause I don't know if I'll be in Puerto Rico for the holidays. Parking is a B!#$& there, but I'll go anyway if here.

PAX East is such a bigger event, and I love every second, but I gotta be realistic on what it would end up costing me.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#2215 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:46 AM

I most likely will go. I preregistered, but haven't paid yet cause I don't know if I'll be in Puerto Rico for the holidays. Parking is a B!#$& there, but I'll go anyway if here.

PAX East is such a bigger event, and I love every second, but I gotta be realistic on what it would end up costing me.

MAGFest is at a new location this year, the Gaylord near DC, so the horrendous parking and broken elevators shouldn't be a problem this year. Although god help those dumbass elevator party kids if they manage to break ALL of the elevators in the Gaylord....
Posted Image

#2216 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

MAGFest is at a new location this year, the Gaylord near DC, so the horrendous parking and broken elevators shouldn't be a problem this year. Although god help those dumbass elevator party kids if they manage to break ALL of the elevators in the Gaylord....

Oh man. After hearing about the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K debacle, I'm not sure if I wanna go there. How many people go to MAGFest, usually?

And I will definitely be going to PAX East this time, come hell or high water.

Posted Image

#2217 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

@The Great BM
I think Magfest last year had over 3000 people. But I could be wrong. What is the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K debacle?
Pax East picked a great weekend for next year. So great that I won't be there.

#2218 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

@The Great BM
I think Magfest last year had over 3000 people. But I could be wrong. What is the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K debacle?
Pax East picked a great weekend for next year. So great that I won't be there.

It was a 15 and 5K race that took place a couple of weeks ago. A large portion of the runners that entered complained that there was not enough space at that venue for the race, and it caused a lot of problems. DCist has a summary of the gripes here.

However, I think the problems were caused more by the event organizers than the venue itself. It appears that they booked too many runners, and the paths they chose were not optimal to handle the crowd. I'm guessing MAGFest won't be as much of an issue, especially since there will be a fraction of the crowd.

Posted Image

#2219 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

Crowd won't be an issue Katsucon has more attendees then Magfest and they manage just fine. Not thrilled with the area due to food pricing no cheap eats that don't involve getting back in the car and going up a few exits.

#2220 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

Crowd won't be an issue Katsucon has more attendees then Magfest and they manage just fine. Not thrilled with the area due to food pricing no cheap eats that don't involve getting back in the car and going up a few exits.

That's my only issue with the Gaylord (being expensive and all in the area), but I do like it being away from things because parking is easy, don't have to deal with much traffic getting in, and the building is pretty large.
Posted Image