Photo
- - - - -

Washington D.C. Metro area.

• Please log in to reply
2484 replies to this topic

#2281 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Looks like I may have to try to go on Saturday also, Hideo Kojima will be at GameFest for a conversation at noon March 17.

Link to register for the free event (Registration begins tomorrow Wednesday February 22 at 1 pm):

http://kojimagamefest.eventbrite.com/

If you're registering, I would try to get the max amount of tickets to reserve seats for other CAGs going.

Got the following e-mail:

We have just confirmed a new addition to the lineup for GameFest, which I am VERY excited about - a conversation with Hideo Kojima at noon on Saturday, March 17. Hideo Kojima is best known for the Metal Gear series of games, and is considered one of the most innovative designers of his generation.

We have two very special opportunities for you with this program. First, we invite you to submit your questions for Kojima by emailing them to AmericanArtGames@si.edu by Thursday, February 23. We will select the best questions to use during the program.

Second, we're giving you the chance to register for this event before the public. Registration will open tomorrow, Wednesday February 22 at 1 p.m., EST. The event is free, but you must register in advance. If you are unable to get tickets or cannot make it to D.C., don't worry, the program will be webcast online.

The Art of Video Games exhibition opens in less than a month! For more information on the exhibition and GameFest, please visit our website. I look forward to seeing you in March!

-- Georgina
Exhibition Coordinator

#2282 cficare

cficare

Respek Knuckles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Anyone get any extra tix to the Hideo thing? PM me if I could get one off ya.

#2283 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

Looks like I may have to try to go on Saturday also, Hideo Kojima will be at GameFest for a conversation at noon March 17.

Link to register for the free event (Registration begins tomorrow Wednesday February 22 at 1 pm):

http://kojimagamefest.eventbrite.com/

If you're registering, I would try to get the max amount of tickets to reserve seats for other CAGs going.

Got the following e-mail:

Crap, I saw this too late. I'd be grateful if anyone had an extra ticket.

Posted Image

#2284 arionfrost

arionfrost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Please please please please pretty please... if anyone has any extra tix to the hideo kojima event, I would be so happy to get 2 from you. Otherwise, looks like the standby line for me then... Of course I didn't find out about this until today. sucks....

Posted Image

#2285 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Is the meetup posted on the first page old or current? I'm in NJ but thinking about going because I went to school in DC and have a cousin down there so I've been putting off a visit for a while.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#2286 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Is the meetup posted on the first page old or current? I'm in NJ but thinking about going because I went to school in DC and have a cousin down there so I've been putting off a visit for a while.

Sorry, it was from 2008. Some people are going to the opening weekend at "The Art of Video Games Exhibit" at the Smithsonian March 16-18 and to the Video Games Live concert April 7th at the Strathmore Theater.

MjC

#2287 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

I will also be at The Art of Video Games Exhibit and I might have an extra Kojima ticket. Just have to see how things pan out in a few days but if do, someone here can definitely have it.

Edited by enemyofusall, 09 March 2012 - 03:42 AM.

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#2288 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

To whom it may concern (Donnie, maybe?):

I'm no longer available for the Video Games Live show at the Strathmore. So if you're trying to get everyone on the same page to get adjacent tickets, don't wait for me.

But I should be able to make Gamefest at the Smithsonian on saturday in a little over a week.

MjC

#2289 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

I work Saturdays now so I probably won't go to VGL either. Will be at Gamefest Friday-Saturday and maybe Sunday.

#2290 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

For anyone interested, Indie Game: The Movie is coming to DC's E Street Cinema on April 25. Got my ticket, tickets may go quickly so don't sleep on it too long.

http://igtmwashingto...eventbrite.com/

Indie Game: The Movie - The Tour Presented by AdobeĀ®
Presented in association with Washington DC ACM SIGGRAPH, DC Tech Meetup, iStrategyLabs, & The Art of Video Games
at Smithsonian American Art Museum

Washington, DC
E Street Cinema, 555 11th Street Northwest
Wednesday, April 25th, 2012
7pm (Doors Open 30 mins Prior)

#2291 jmiller80

jmiller80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

Tickets.bought
Thanks for the heads up, Donnie.
Posted Image

#2292 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:41 AM

Ticket purchased.

#2293 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

For anyone interested, Indie Game: The Movie is coming to DC's E Street Cinema on April 25. Got my ticket, tickets may go quickly so don't sleep on it too long.

Got mine as well.

Also, I know it wasn't going to be many of you, but were there still people going to PAX East?

Posted Image

#2294 jmiller80

jmiller80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

I'll be at PAX East.
Posted Image

#2295 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Got mine as well.

Also, I know it wasn't going to be many of you, but were there still people going to PAX East?

I wanted to go, but couldn't plan anything other than "pay for hotel myself and go alone." Its not as much fun without company or anyone to talk to, and too expensive to go by myself. Next year I'll just save and pay for my brother to join me, ends up being more expensive, but it would be more fun I guess.

EDIT: Bought tickets to the Indie Game: The Movie. Good stuff for the wife to see. See ya guys there, I'll probably be early and eat around there if anyone wants to join me.

Edited by nightmare452, 05 April 2012 - 01:23 PM.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#2296 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

EDIT: Bought tickets to the Indie Game: The Movie. Good stuff for the wife to see. See ya guys there, I'll probably be early and eat around there if anyone wants to join me.

I'll be down to join you Erick, I'll probably get to DC early afternoon to walk around the American Art Museum again and avoid the metro rush hour

#2297 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

I'll be down to join you Erick, I'll probably get to DC early afternoon to walk around the American Art Museum again and avoid the metro rush hour

What time are you guys showing up? I'm going to metro over after work and could be there around 6.

Posted Image

#2298 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

What time are you guys showing up? I'm going to metro over after work and could be there around 6.

I think a few of us including nightmare and ind1fference are going to get some food near Gallery Place around 5. Doors open at 6:30, I think we should be done around 6 hopefully. If you have any of our numbers, you can contact us when you get there to find each other.

#2299 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Any CAGs at the Salesforce conference at the Washington Convention Center today?

#2300 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Don't know when or where our next meetup will be, but there's currently a Living Social deal going on for the D&B over at White Flint: $40 power card for $20 or a $60 power card for $30

http://www.livingsoc...-spend-on-games

The rub is that it has to be used entirely in one visit, and it's gotta be before August of this year.

Posted Image

#2301 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Don't know when or where our next meetup will be, but there's currently a Living Social deal going on for the D&B over at White Flint: $40 power card for $20 or a $60 power card for $30

http://www.livingsoc...-spend-on-games

The rub is that it has to be used entirely in one visit, and it's gotta be before August of this year.

I assume it's too late for this deal.

#2302 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

http://www.nationalp...seum/index.html

EMAIL: inquiries@nationalpinballmuseum.org
PHONE: 443.438.1241

FAX: 202.540.9245
Musuem Address
National Pinball Museum
608 Water Street
Baltimore, MD 21202

When are we going?

#2303 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Musuem Address
National Pinball Museum
608 Water Street
Baltimore, MD 21202

When are we going?

Let's also make a short trek to Geppi's Entertainment Museum on the same day. It should be a brisk walk.

Head west on Water St toward S Frederick St
About 3 mins

go 0.2 mi
total 0.2 mi

Turn left onto South St
About 1 min

go 236 ft
total 0.2 mi

Turn right onto E Lombard St
About 10 mins

go 0.5 mi
total 0.7 mi

Turn left onto S Howard St
About 3 mins

go 0.2 mi
total 0.8 mi

Turn right onto W Camden St
Destination will be on the left
About 1 min

go 200 ft
total 0.9 mi

Geppi's Entertainment Museum
301 West Camden Street, Baltimore, MD 21201‎ - (410) 625-7060‎

http://www.geppismus...Home/7/1/52/500

MjC

#2304 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

Musuem Address
National Pinball Museum
608 Water Street
Baltimore, MD 21202

When are we going?

I should be pretty open last weekend of May and most of June. I'm off Sundays and work Saturdays but should be able to get the day off if we do Saturday.

#2305 vodkablast

vodkablast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

Marylanders! Are there any local video game stores left? I almost cried when Mega Media Exchange closed. Also, the Pinball Museum is really cool and you can get an hour of play time for $5 if you go before 3pm.

#2306 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Marylanders! Are there any local video game stores left? I almost cried when Mega Media Exchange closed. Also, the Pinball Museum is really cool and you can get an hour of play time for $5 if you go before 3pm.

Planet Replay/Mega Media Exchange was pretty awesome for some thing (NES dogbone ftw!) but their prices on used games were sometimes pretty bad. They'll be missed though for sure.

And thanks for the info about the pinball museum! Hopefully we'll do an early afternoon thing when we go!

MjC

#2307 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hey everyone! I'm going to be "moving" down to D.C. soon because I'm an incoming freshman at George Washington University. Anyone have any tips about the city in general, be it entertainment, food, or cheap travel (mainly to/from D.C. to either Philly or NYC)?

#2308 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hey everyone! I'm going to be "moving" down to D.C. soon because I'm an incoming freshman at George Washington University. Anyone have any tips about the city in general, be it entertainment, food, or cheap travel (mainly to/from D.C. to either Philly or NYC)?

If you're looking for geek-type events, I found this calendar to be useful for finding stuff. Otherwise, are there any other activities you're looking for?

As for travel, there's always the "chinatown buses". I've use DC2NY in the past, and they've been solid. Otherwise you've got Bolt Bus, Megabus, Vamoose, and others.

Posted Image

#2309 Indifference

Indifference

gameenthus.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

I don't have anything as helpful as The Great BM to offer but nevertheless welcome to the DMV :)

#2310 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

Haven't been on this thread in ages. It seems like yesterday that we had the first DC area CAG meetup at D&B. Any of the old members still on this thread? I still see Cleaver and Jon on a regular basis. Hope all is well with everyone.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan