Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='maxgle']lol, funny how I just found this thread. I am a CAG in MD ;-)[/QUOTE]

You probably have some experience with the CD/Game Exchange in Rockville. I used to be in the area and would visit there once a month. Simon, the British part-owner, was often there.

It's kind of like a thrift store in that you have to visit regularly to find and snatch up the good deals. They do have some vintage stuff in addition to newer stuff, and I'd had luck getting decent trade-in credit there on occasion.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']You probably have some experience with the CD/Game Exchange in Rockville. I used to be in the area and would visit there once a month. Simon, the British part-owner, was often there.

It's kind of like a thrift store in that you have to visit regularly to find and snatch up the good deals. They do have some vintage stuff in addition to newer stuff, and I'd had luck getting decent trade-in credit there on occasion.[/QUOTE]

I've actually been in there, and I wouldn't say that there are deals but there occassionally is a dump of "new items". We all know where or how these things get there....but it's not really a cool shop to go into. They have quite a bit of games, but the whole feel is more of a CD music shop.

I want to find a cool video game shop like the West Coast has...a place to talk video games and gaming.

[quote name='lurknomore']I've actually been in there, and I wouldn't say that there are deals but there occassionally is a dump of "new items". We all know where or how these things get there....but it's not really a cool shop to go into. They have quite a bit of games, but the whole feel is more of a CD music shop.

I want to find a cool video game shop like the West Coast has...a place to talk video games and gaming.[/QUOTE]

If you find one, let me know. There seems to be a lack of "mom & pop" type videogame stores in the DC area. Even the pawn shops in my area have all but stopped carrying older video games.:cry:

Has anyone checked the Targets recently for any deals? PSP in particular? I haven't been to the Targets in the area for a couple of months now.....care to save me a trip. Thanks,

I check the Targets quite often in the Laurel, Hyattsville, Wheaton, Cherry Hill. I am new to CAG, but will be posting more often.

I have never seen a Mom and Pop Shop in the DC area for gaming. Problem with it is that land value is so freaking high in the DC area.

Just checked the Target in Hyattsville (PG Plaza) and saw:

Xbox-

Morrowind Platnium Hits $4.98
NASCAR 2005 $19.99
Mech Assault 2 $9.98

PSP-

Soccer $19.98
Gretsky NHL $14.98

PC-

Half Life 2 $30.98

I know that we tried, we being CAG, tried to have a regional meetup in the years past...but maybe we can get a good group together. Let's have a roll call again, if you would be interested. We could meetup to secure regional trades for one another and/or trade with one another, etc, etc.

I live in Gaithersburg, MD.

[quote name='lurknomore']I know that we tried, we being CAG, tried to have a regional meetup in the years past...but maybe we can get a good group together. Let's have a roll call again, if you would be interested. We could meetup to secure regional trades for one another and/or trade with one another, etc, etc.

I live in Gaithersburg, MD.[/QUOTE]

You live in Gaithersburg!? wow, that's like 5 minutes away from my place. :p

[quote name='maxgle']You live in Gaithersburg!? wow, that's like 5 minutes away from my place. :p[/QUOTE]
Actually, live in Montgomery Village, but the same difference. Anyhow, I think that we've had this same conversation before while we were chasing BB deals at the BB and EB on Shady Grove Road.

Just went to the CompUSA in Columbia, MD and they had a ton of games on clearance. Prices ranged from $2.99 to $37.00. Old sports games were the cheapest (NHL 2002, ESPN Fb 2002, etc.) and Halo 2 CE was $37. It was mostly PS2 and Xbox.

[quote name='forgotten fans']Weak is right. The Ballston KB had nothing good when I checked Thursday.[/QUOTE]

i picked up ssx3 at that KB for a buck. they had the spiderman2 game for ds or gba one for 5 bucks but i already played the ps2 version.

the ballston eb games store leaves a little to be desired as well. at least the pentagon city store re-opened.

[quote name='thebob101']Just went to the CompUSA in Columbia, MD and they had a ton of games on clearance...[/QUOTE]

I dropped by just for kicks, but most of what they had were true moldy oldies for $12-$18 each. Most anything you might want (if you didn't already have it) can still probably be found cheaper at BB after GGC. :cry:

I live in NoVA but I was at the TRU in Clinton (the one near the Giant and Sears Essentials) and saw a BOAT LOAD of Ace Combat 5s for PS2 (for $10). So if anyone wanted one and never found it around the Maryland area, they had at least 20 copies there yesterday. Nothing else was too good, though. I had been there a month ago and they had 10 or so copies of FF Tactics GBA, I was hoping to snag one of those but they were all gone.

I just moved away from MD but rt before i left i found a locally owned shop it was on richey highway I believe it was Past marley station mall it was on the right in a smaller shopping area and I believe there was a traget in there and a cold stone as well, you had to go into the building as it was kind of like a mini mall. I bought my import purple gba micro there along w/ that new system that plays old nintendo games (came w/ 2 controlers for 30 or 40 bucks and looks nifty).

I can confirm Ace Combat 5 is 10 bucks at the TRU in fairlakes, VA.. They had a boat load of Final Fantasy CC for that price too for the cube. AC5 is an amazing game! good catch i found.

[quote name='bradr']I live in NoVA but I was at the TRU in Clinton (the one near the Giant and Sears Essentials) and saw a BOAT LOAD of Ace Combat 5s for PS2 (for $10). So if anyone wanted one and never found it around the Maryland area, they had at least 20 copies there yesterday. Nothing else was too good, though. I had been there a month ago and they had 10 or so copies of FF Tactics GBA, I was hoping to snag one of those but they were all gone.[/QUOTE]

check out circuit city in gaithersburg next to the mva.. I found resident evil 0 marked for 49.99 but rings 9.96. there are other games that can be bought cheaper if you knw the prices. everything in that store is a mess but u can come out ahead if you look and knw the prices.

I'm in Laurel. Best deal in '05 for me was XB Spiderman 2 for $5 at a green tag TRU sale. The Gamespot in Laurel is pretty good too. Best Buy is across the street, but advertised deals are all to be had there IMO. I've never seen a good game under $10 at Target here but I look.

I'm mostly a lurker on CAG, looking out for deals. But I'll post 'em if I find 'em.

I used to work in Laurel and the BB has $5 games every now and again. I have picked up THUG 2 GC for $5 there. You have to ask the employees to price check. Also, the Target on 198 has some good clearance deals. If I find any deals, I will post,

This might be a a little too far from you guys that live in DC/maryland, but I use to live in Northern VA, near Potomac Mills. There is a pawn shop, called Pawn USA. I went there for years and they have alot of games from various systems. The prices are good and the staff is friendly. Just thought I mention it...

[quote name='adidas']check out circuit city in gaithersburg next to the mva.. I found resident evil 0 marked for 49.99 but rings 9.96. there are other games that can be bought cheaper if you knw the prices. everything in that store is a mess but u can come out ahead if you look and knw the prices.[/QUOTE]

Do they have a price scanner in store that you can check $ on or do you just have to go to the register and hope for the best, ala Russian Roulette?

As an aside, about a month ago I checked the bargain bucket at EB in Montgomery mall, and snagged ESPN college hoops for $8. Lots o' oldie/moldies, but not too shabby.

EB games in montgomery mall, surprised it is still there...havent been in there in over a year, rude/poorly informed employees everytime. Always this one spindly black guy with bad teeth in there......always kinda rude, wonder what there hiring criteria are......do you know pacman? you do? good...your hired.

On the flipside, the EB games on shady grove road, fallsgrove branch, i believe, has very cool employees, dont give a hassle when you want to see other copies of used games (if the first is hosed up).....just goes right down and gets them and helps. Pretty much the only eb I ever go to now.

Used to live on muddy branch road in gaithersburg, but now live in frederick....lots of good places to check out if you know your way around.

Geez, the Gaithersburg and CAG connection is growing. Seems like there are a ton of us in this area. I never thought of this being a vg friendly area. Figures considering the fact that this whole area is over-populated.

I mostly lurk, but it's good to know the DC gamer population isn't as scarce as it seems. I'm in Rockville, BTW.

[quote name='aspower']Do they have a price scanner in store that you can check $ on or do you just have to go to the register and hope for the best, ala Russian Roulette?

As an aside, about a month ago I checked the bargain bucket at EB in Montgomery mall, and snagged ESPN college hoops for $8. Lots o' oldie/moldies, but not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

you have to knw the prices and the other thing is get a print out of the markdowns in the videogamedeal thread from before. because i saw a lot of old titles that should go for cheap.

I live in the Wash DC area near the green line metro station Petworth Georgia Ave. not to far from sliver spring station, Pentagon City and 40 mins from Rockville and when there a good gaming deal going on i will travel far and also a good CAG

Anyone checked out the local KB stores for the buy 1 get 1 free. I am going to PG Plaza one and Columbia today. I will post my finds.

[quote name='thebob101']Anyone checked out the local KB stores for the buy 1 get 1 free. I am going to PG Plaza one and Columbia today. I will post my finds.[/QUOTE]

I haven't found anything at KB. I've been to the now defunct one in Frederick and the one in Lakeforest Mall....I was late to the party this time around, so the KBs may have been ravaged earlier....on the KB website there is mention of a KB in Rockville, but I have no idea where it is. I'm sure that being that it is Rockville that it was pillaged the weekend of BF.

Harford Mall (MD) is confirmed on the Buy 1 Get 1. Mostly Gamecube, but some PSP sports games. There were a considerable amount of GBA games.

Hey...
I'm going to be in DC in January for the march for life and was wondering if there were any good mom and pop stores anywhere around DC.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Hey...
I'm going to be in DC in January for the march for life and was wondering if there were any good mom and pop stores anywhere around DC.[/QUOTE]

Short answer...no.

Just went to Target and found NASCAR 2005 and NHL 2005 for the Xbox- $7.48. They also had Gretsky hockey for the PSP for $7.48.

bread's done
Back