No central online service for PS3

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:55 PM

And then again, it's going to be limited, isn't it? Like, only on weekdays? I don't care if it's free... that's lame. I don't think many of my college buddies are going to be up until 5 AM on school nights playing Live with me, they'll be doing it during the weekends (provided we're not out drinking).

I think you can access all non-gaming content with the free service. And I believe the gaming part will be more limited than that, like it will only be a few preview weekends or weekdays every month of something.

#32 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:11 AM

I think you can access all non-gaming content with the free service. And I believe the gaming part will be more limited than that, like it will only be a few preview weekends or weekdays every month of something.

Yes, anything that isn't playing the actual game online, is free. You're just paying for playing the games online. The free weekends for that are supposed to be only every once in a while.

Don't assume that every PS3 game will be free to play online, either. What Sony did is make the publishers and developers solely responsible for the costs of running their games online, maintaining servers, etc. The price of that could be a monthly fee, or no online multiplayer at all for some games. Sony's stance is NOT that it should be free, their stance is to let developers and publishers handle it.

#33 gaelan

gaelan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:39 AM

MS is all about XBL
Nintendo is all about the controller, innovation, creativity, uniqueness, etc
Sony is all about Blu-Ray?

sony is all about controlling and owning their content via nasty DRM software. Actually today, i heard they are moving away from shitting in your computer to prevent piracy. wow it only took two weeks. i think the same people are running the ps3 online development. they refuse to admit that the current setup is inferior, and insist on repeating the same online infrastructure as last generation.

i find it amazing that sony is throwing ALL of their eggs into the blu ray basket that is still in development not on shelves. i mean test the blu ray product out before sending it to market only to bellyflop.