Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/17/2014

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#271 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:15 PM

Ok I resent it too you.

No sign of it. Please resend it.

#272 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:18 AM

What is with all of the live accounts being posted for sale lately? Nobody read the rules?

Follow me on Twitter @NefariousMike

#273 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:17 AM

What is with all of the live accounts being posted for sale lately? Nobody read the rules?

That rule isn't posted in the trading forum specifically.

#274 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:26 PM

It's stated clearly in the TOS for Xbox Live:

http://www.xbox.com/...gal/LiveTOU.htm

#275 iambeaker

iambeaker

Right Wing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

What is the process to follow for a Lowball Auction gone horribly horribly wrong?

Auction Holder is refusing to send items purchased after payment was submitted over 60 days ago.

#276 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

What is the process to follow for a Lowball Auction gone horribly horribly wrong?

Auction Holder is refusing to send items purchased after payment was submitted over 60 days ago.

PM me the particulars and I'll look into it.

#277 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Just for clarification because I'm dumb. On PSN shares, can we feedback it as a non game related trade? I've done a couple with severe nubs (< 10 days) and it went great and I wanted to find a way to help em out on good feedback.
Posted Image

#278 crzyjoeguy

crzyjoeguy

King of Beers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

Just for clarification because I'm dumb. On PSN shares, can we feedback it as a non game related trade? I've done a couple with severe nubs (< 10 days) and it went great and I wanted to find a way to help em out on good feedback.

i dont believe any kind of feedback can be left since you are not technically trading/selling anything. its more like you guys are just throwing in on a purchase of an item.
Posted Image

#279 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

i dont believe any kind of feedback can be left since you are not technically trading/selling anything. its more like you guys are just throwing in on a purchase of an item.

Correct. PSN shares aren't applicable for feedback.

#280 John187

John187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:28 AM

Is there any way to change my thread title in the cag trading section? Basically I originally wanted to sell brand new arcade 360's but with the recent price drop I need to go into a different general thread title direction.

-thanks

Edited by John187, 16 June 2010 - 09:02 AM.

#281 agentcoop007

agentcoop007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:04 AM

Is there any way to change my thread title in the cag trading section? Basically I originally wanted to sell brand new arcade 360's but with the recent price drop I need to go into a different general thread title direction.

-thanks

I'm pretty sure you just after going into edit. You select "Go Advanced", and you can change the title of your thread :)
I love CAG its so cool.... or is it the Power Glove? oh well thats cool too.... right?
Posted Image

#282 Viperx116

Viperx116

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

Would it be a good for idea to require sellers to list their prices? Other forums have policies and I really like it.

#283 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:10 AM

Free advice to sellers: If I'm offering you money, I'd recommend you don't stop answering my PMs halfway through a possible transaction. This has happened numerous times now. I understand you're busy, but you're not anonymous. I can see you online updating your list and posting in other threads. If you've got the time for that, you've got the time to tell me if you're no longer interested. /rant

#284 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:16 AM

Would it be a good for idea to require sellers to list their prices? Other forums have policies and I really like it.

Not everyone has time to keep track of values of games.

- A game value goes down then you look like an ass for having the price too high.
- A game value goes up then you lose money or look like an ass by asking the person spend more

I tried to price my stuff but I couldn't keep up. If someone asks me how much for X I'll look up current selling prices and go from there.

#285 dv8mad

dv8mad

Fulfilling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:25 AM

Hello mods, Pooky/Shrike in particular...
Quick question for you, since I just got my site set up this month, I have made some sales on it and a CAG that found the deal through my tradelist wanted to know if feedback was appropriate. I believe that the GFC service in the Canadian deals thread works that way, but I just wanted to verify if we are able to exchange feedback or not. Thanks!

#286 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

Hello mods, Pooky/Shrike in particular...
Quick question for you, since I just got my site set up this month, I have made some sales on it and a CAG that found the deal through my tradelist wanted to know if feedback was appropriate. I believe that the GFC service in the Canadian deals thread works that way, but I just wanted to verify if we are able to exchange feedback or not. Thanks!

If the deals happen off of CAG, feedback isn't applicable.

#287 lowkey db josh

lowkey db josh

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:51 PM

if someone gets banned the feedback that person left you does not count towards the users overall score anymore?

#288 Devulture

Devulture

Scavenging the Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:02 PM

I gotta be careful about doing trades/sells in this, because I've been meaning to sell a couple that I couldn't on Craigslist. Here's an FAQ: if I were to sell a game in this thread, but I don't want to make a topic for just one selling item, where would I go in this thread to make the sale?

#289 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

Users are allowed one tradelist - if you only have one things to sell, still make a tradelist.
You can also post in the specific threads for movies, ps3 games, etc.

#290 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

I have a couple of questions... (Very new, I've only done one read please bare with me if this is really stupid.)

I've read the guidelines and see that DLC trading isn't outright bad... (Though I can see it falling under the coupon banning) and I also found this thread:

http://www.cheapassg...lan wake signal

(So its likely not banned.)

So my question is... How do I go about using the CAG Trading/game Marketplace (and its feedback) to broker a deal when DLC isn't listed in the games?

#291 crash13

crash13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:21 AM

Can I trade a unused code for DLC here?

#292 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:24 PM

Quick question, is it necessary to list exactly what's for trade? I recently came into a lot of over 300 NES games I'm looking to resell, obviously it would take me a ridiculous amount of time to go through and list them all D;

Was just wondering if listing the NES games as "PM or post what you're looking for and I'll check my stock," along with other consoles/games I have was acceptable.

Edited by aptanor, 03 February 2011 - 06:40 PM.

#293 Cerebral_One

Cerebral_One

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

I see someone who has already bumped their thread 4 times today.

#294 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

I have kind of an obscure trading question here.

It's a grey area.

Say I wanted to sell my converted copy of Super Dodge Ball for Neo Geo. It was originally an MVS cart made to work in the arcade system, but it has been modded to work in the home AES system and has a non-original insert and manual - would that fall somewhat under piracy, and would it be allowed for sale on here?

I'm not saying I'm selling it, but I'm thinking of a what if here in case I do decide to sell it some day.
Posted Image

#295 Skuttie

Skuttie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:56 PM

If I were to sell something for 5, would the person sending the money have to send me 5.46 due to paypal fees, ro do I eat the charge? I'm still not completely sure how that works here.

#296 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:01 AM

If I were to sell something for 5, would the person sending the money have to send me 5.46 due to paypal fees, ro do I eat the charge? I'm still not completely sure how that works here.

From Page 1:

Posted Image We would like to remind our users that PayPal's User's Agreement states:
"You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions."

Translation: The fee is your responsibility and can't be passed on to the buyer.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#297 Skuttie

Skuttie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

Thanks, wasn't entirely sure on that wording there.

#298 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

I had a trade go wrong. He already left positive feedback because my side was fine. His side was not. I left him negative feedback after he failed to help and he just left me negative feedback. Not only was this the 2nd feedback for this transaction, he only did it because I did it to him. How do I fix this. I'm not having this guy ruin my flawless feedback I worked hard for!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#299 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

I have a question to be asked and sp00ge you have seen me offer it before.
I would like to get a 1-month xbox live card from someone here on cag.
BUT, I have not very much to offer. I know you cannot trade Gears codes on the tradeing thread but still hear me out. My question is can i offer them kills or headshots or whatever from certain games? I could offer like headshots in Black ops, or Reach or whatever but I would like to hear what you people say first.
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#300 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

I have a trade that seems to be going wrong and need some advice.

I was contacted by a CAG wanting to trade his COD:BO for Halo:Reach on Tuesday 5/3/11. His trade count was much lower then mine and his iTrader rep showed 86% so he agreed to send Blops first. We both agree to the trade with a dozen PMs that Tuesday. He said he'd have it out to me by Thursday 5/5. I PMed him Sunday night just to follow up and see if he had a tracking number for me and this is what I received back.

I couldnt send it because i let someone hold it and they messed it up. So before i sent it, I tested it first but it wont work because they dropped their 360, but ill get another one and ill let you know. Im really sorry for the inconvience.

I PMed him back saying he needs to come up with something soon and I didn't want to be stuck in limbo. I am pretty sure I am getting the run around because I am having to follow up with this guy to find out stuff is broken and he never sent it, rather then him being proactive and saying it was broken and he couldn't send it.

I plan to let it go for a bit longer to see if he can make good on the trade. If he doesn't send the game do I leave bad feedback? Do I have to contact a mod to become involved?
CML