Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/17/2014

• Please log in to reply
436 replies to this topic

#151 ammowasted

ammowasted

Canadian Bacon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:52 AM

Quick question, am I allowed to be left negative feedback for backing out of a deal? There was nothing exchanged, I just found a better deal.

#152 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:54 AM

No. But you could potentially be put on the 'bad traders' list depending on all the details

#153 ammowasted

ammowasted

Canadian Bacon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

Where exactly is this list? And what warrants someone being put on it?

#154 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=172531

#155 ammowasted

ammowasted

Canadian Bacon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:24 AM

So the guy just left me a negative for backing out of a trade, possible for a mod to remove it?

#156 ammowasted

ammowasted

Canadian Bacon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

So the guy just left me a negative for backing out of a trade, possible for a mod to remove it?

He gave me another one....

#157 seek-and-destroy

seek-and-destroy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:52 PM

yes, i left him the negative. we worked out a deal and pended. i suggested he ship first since i had more feedback. he suggested that we cross ship at the same time. he says that he will prove to me that he shipped by taking a pic of the receipt and if i wanted a pic of him packaging the games up. so i give in and say ok. then he tells me that he found my item cheaper and he no longer will do the deal. i feel i gave him the benefit of the doubt, since i have 30 feedback and he has 6, that i would go ahead and cross ship with him providing he sends the pic, then he backs out.

#158 Gombay

Gombay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:20 PM

That wasn't me, I know we tried to work something out but we never confirmed it. I would never tell someone I shipped someone without shipping it. That and I don't have a brother.

Sorry, I just remembered who it was and yeah, it wasn't you. I'll edit my post.
Posted Image

#159 seek-and-destroy

seek-and-destroy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

oh so this guy has a history of backing out of trades....nice..

#160 Haniko

Haniko

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:33 PM

Just to clarify for myself, we're allowed to trade Computer games, correct? As long as we have all the things it came with?

#161 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:51 AM

Just to clarify for myself, we're allowed to trade Computer games, correct? As long as we have all the things it came with?

As long as you send along the original media and the CD keys that it came with, yes.

#162 HighlightShow

HighlightShow

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:50 PM

Thanks.

#163 EdEddandEdge

EdEddandEdge

Discounted Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:04 AM

Question:
I have provided a delivery confirmation # to a CAG who has over 30 trades recently. The game was delivered on Wednesday and I have not heard anything and it is Saturday. I have sent a friendly inquiry about our trade and have verified he has been online. How long should I wait before contacting a mod? The person said they would ship once they received my game but I haven't heard anything. I realize people have lives but this person has been logged in after package receipt and friendly PM's and I have had no response. Perhaps I am just used to quick responses but what is the norm?
So Cheap, I once used a GGC to pay attention.

#164 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:22 AM

Question:
I have provided a delivery confirmation # to a CAG who has over 30 trades recently. The game was delivered on Wednesday and I have not heard anything and it is Saturday. I have sent a friendly inquiry about our trade and have verified he has been online. How long should I wait before contacting a mod? The person said they would ship once they received my game but I haven't heard anything. I realize people have lives but this person has been logged in after package receipt and friendly PM's and I have had no response. Perhaps I am just used to quick responses but what is the norm?

When someone ships first I don't always send a message that I have sent. I would give it a few more days and see if the game arrives.

#165 lakers310

lakers310

Fire Norv!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:46 AM

Question: I had a deal in place with someone with no feedback. They were going to send me a game and I would send them some microsoft points. They say yes. A few days later, i ask if theyve shipped the game and they say yes. They then start asking for the codes. I say not until I receive the game since they have no feedback. They then start saying that im not reliable and to call of the trade. Do I leave negative feedback since they claimed to have sent the game first?
Posted Image

#166 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:49 AM

Question: I had a deal in place with someone with no feedback. They were going to send me a game and I would send them some microsoft points. They say yes. A few days later, i ask if theyve shipped the game and they say yes. They then start asking for the codes. I say not until I receive the game since they have no feedback. They then start saying that im not reliable and to call of the trade. Do I leave negative feedback since they claimed to have sent the game first?

No feedback since no trade occurred - i.e. nothing was swapped. However, they could be put on the 'bad traders' list.

#167 lakers310

lakers310

Fire Norv!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2008 - 02:05 AM

Ok. Thanks for the clarification
Posted Image

#168 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

Question- if I agree to send someone a game in exchange for completing an offer under my referral link, is feedback left by either of us?
Currently Playing:
:ps4: Destiny, Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, Last of Us Remastered
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Luigi's Mansion
:ps3: Deadpool
Recently Completed: Kirby Triple Deluxe :3ds:

#169 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

Question- if I agree to send someone a game in exchange for completing an offer under my referral link, is feedback left by either of us?

Nope.

Referrals in any way aren't feedbackable, if it's one part of the trade or both parts of the trade. Nothing's being risked by the person doing/completing offering the referral link.

#170 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:46 AM

Nope.

Referrals in any way aren't feedbackable, if it's one part of the trade or both parts of the trade. Nothing's being risked by the person doing/completing offering the referral link.

That's what I thought, just makin' sure. Thanks for the quick reply.
Currently Playing:
:ps4: Destiny, Wolfenstein, Watch Dogs, Last of Us Remastered
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Luigi's Mansion
:ps3: Deadpool
Recently Completed: Kirby Triple Deluxe :3ds:

#171 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:45 AM

Can we get a sticky thread of the people who are banned or in trading time out and the reason why they are?

#172 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:17 PM

I noticed a certian user can bump his list more then 3 times a day. He deletes his old bump and rebumps. How is this done?

#173 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:28 PM

I noticed a certian user can bump his list more then 3 times a day. He deletes his old bump and rebumps. How is this done?

You answered you're own question.

#174 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

You answered you're own question.

Ok, duh!!!

#175 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:17 PM

Haha. I delete my own bumps out of my thread just to keep it from getting too cluttered, but never more than three times a day (typically every other day unless I'm trying to find something). I never even thought to delete/bump three times a day, let alone more. :lol:

#176 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

Checked that user, and the bumps are only 3 times a day when you count the deleted posts too - so looks fine.
If you want to delete your posts to keep it clean, thats fine just as long as you count the deleted posts towards the total.

#177 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

whats the wait time on trades? if youre trading with someone and everytime they say they will ship first they have an excuse why they havent shipped yet and its nearing the 2.5 to 3 week mark since the trade was first set up how long do you need to wait befre you can just end the trade if the items havent been shipped yet?

#178 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:18 AM

You can say forget it right now if you want. I assume the original agreement wasn't that it would take that long.

#179 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:24 AM

You can say forget it right now if you want. I assume the original agreement wasn't that it would take that long.

we made the deal on a friday and they said they would have the items shipped out on the following monday. when they didnt respond back that monday i messaged them about it and later onr that week they said they were busy with finals and would do it this week monday ( which i understand having been in college) only this week comes and they havent done it yet so im going to message them again today to see if they have sent it out and if not then thats it.

i also sugested they should send it with signature confirmation and to send me the tracking number when they do so. my main concern was that i didnt want to just up and end it and then get a negative feedback i wanted to know that i had waited more than enough time.

#180 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:42 AM

i didnt want to just up and end it and then get a negative feedback i wanted to know that i had waited more than enough time.

No feedback can be left for a transaction that did not occur - so no worries there.