Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Trading/Feedback Rules/Guidelines - ALL CAGs MUST READ - UPDATED 6/17/2014

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#181 Dr. Pizza

Dr. Pizza

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:18 AM

How do you leave feedback for someone who has no history though?

#182 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:36 AM

How do you leave feedback for someone who has no history though?

Do a search for them in the Member List and bring up their profile. You'll see the 0 next to their name, and clicking on that will take you to their iTrader page.

#183 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:19 AM

Is it okay if I count a post made past 12 AM EST and before 3 AM EST towards the bump count for the previous day instead of the current one? I decided for myself that it was okay but I should probably ask.

#184 kofijamal

kofijamal

It is what it is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:55 AM

How long should you give someone before raising a complant? Because I'm very close to doing so and don't want to tarnsh someone's name unless I really need to.
Ok then, knuckle up.

#185 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:43 AM

Depends on the situation, you can always PM a mod if you are worried,

#186 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

It's important to keep in mind that if you're paying via Paypal, you only have so long before you can't file a complaint about not receiving your item. Plus, people do have real lives, and sometimes, they do get in the way of keeping up to date with trades on CAG. In any case, it's always worth involving a mod if there's an issue you're concerned with, as they can conduct inquiries out of the public eye without causing any issues.

#187 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

where would I leave feedback?

WakaBrea.png

#188 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

where would I leave feedback?

Quickest way to do it is to click on the iTrader number listed in their avatar off to the left. If they don't have an iTrader number listed, if you to go their profile page, you'll see the 0 you'd need to click on.

#189 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:06 PM

Quickest way to do it is to click on the iTrader number listed in their avatar off to the left. If they don't have an iTrader number listed, if you to go their profile page, you'll see the 0 you'd need to click on.

I was trying to leave feedback for my most recent trade (the user had no prior feedback so I couldn't click on their ITrader number) and tried what you recommended. Unfortunately it asked me for a Beta testing code. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.

#190 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:54 AM

I was trying to leave feedback for my most recent trade (the user had no prior feedback so I couldn't click on their ITrader number) and tried what you recommended. Unfortunately it asked me for a Beta testing code. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.

I don't think it's anything you're doing wrong, though my guess is that since that's on the profile screen where that info would be located, it may be a bit funky with the profile changes going on.

As I can assume it's the CAG that left you the most recent feedback, you can click on his name in the feedback he left you, and that will take you to his iTrader page.

#191 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:45 AM

I don't think it's anything you're doing wrong, though my guess is that since that's on the profile screen where that info would be located, it may be a bit funky with the profile changes going on.

As I can assume it's the CAG that left you the most recent feedback, you can click on his name in the feedback he left you, and that will take you to his iTrader page.

Thanks for the response. I was able to access his ITrader page through the feedback he left me.

#192 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

what do you do when youve made a trade left the other person feedback and after they get the game they dont give you feedback back. its been almost a week now and ive messaged them at least 2 or 3 times about it and theyve been on the site numerous times and you still dont get feedback?

i know its nowhere near as big a deal as getting scammed but to me its a common courtesy that once you tget the game and give it a once over you give them the appropriate feedback. its a bit annoying to have to keep asking them to leave you feedback and still worry that if you pester them too much you could get a negative feedback in return,

#193 dinobot

dinobot

Chicken Necker?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

what do you do when youve made a trade left the other person feedback and after they get the game they dont give you feedback back. its been almost a week now and ive messaged them at least 2 or 3 times about it and theyve been on the site numerous times and you still dont get feedback?

i know its nowhere near as big a deal as getting scammed but to me its a common courtesy that once you tget the game and give it a once over you give them the appropriate feedback. its a bit annoying to have to keep asking them to leave you feedback and still worry that if you pester them too much you could get a negative feedback in return,

I'd say just move on. Nothing you can do if they don't want to leave a feedback. It is voluntary and a courtesy to do it, but it is not enforced (like ebay). :)

#194 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

No, its not enforced, but is encouraged obviously. As far as getting an unwarranted negative though - that wouldn't stand.

#195 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:16 AM

no worries he finally left feedback. since i used sig con nobody was there to pick it up so he had to pick it up later. left positive feedback today thanks for all your guys help....yes i know bad english but eh.

#196 brandyinindiana

brandyinindiana

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

First, I apologize greatly if this is answered somewhere else (or if I shouldn't be asking it here at all), but I have honestly tried to find the answer and can't seem to.

I had a question about Edge Cards from GameStop. I know people in trade lists request Gamestop gift cards, but to my understanding, Gamestop GIFT cards are entirely different from EDGE cards, yes?

Now, I can understand how GIFT cards would be transferabble, since that's the whole point really - buy them, and then give them to someone as a gift. But are EDGE cards transferrable as well?

I ask because I have an EDGE card from Gamestop that has some store credit on it from trading in games. I would much rather have the cash than the store credit, and would want to add the card to my trade list, if I knew that someone else could use it. The reason I am having difficulty figuring this out is because of the fact that I have to sign everytime funds get added to the card, and I didn't know if someone using it would have to sign as well (like a credit card).

Does that make sense? And thanks!

#197 bryenfury

bryenfury

CAG Junkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

Basically you have a gift card with the edge sticker on it.
Use the edge card and purchase a gift card. So you keep your giftcard with your edge info.

If that makes sense.

tradelist.gif

Get stuff for surveys and stuff.
http://www.swagbucks...refer/bryenfury

#198 brandyinindiana

brandyinindiana

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

Basically you have a gift card with the edge sticker on it.
Use the edge card and purchase a gift card. So you keep your giftcard with your edge info.

If that makes sense.

That does make sense, thanks! I just didn't know/figure that Edge cards could be used to buy gift cards. I figured they HAD to be used on merchandise proper.

#199 KABUKISTAR

KABUKISTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

Question: I have extra copies of Half-Life 2 and HL2 Episode 1 on my Steam account, which I can transfer to another Steam user. Would selling/trading these count as "CD keys by themselves without the associated media"?
Currently Playing:
:ps2: (Softmodded): Parappa the Rapper 2
:gc: Nothing
:ds: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier, Desktop Tower Defense
:pc: TF2(kabuki.star on steam), Plants vs Zombies, Cave Story.

My game guides/freebies trade list
*Updated 3/06/09 (finally)*
Tomatoes are:
Spoiler

#200 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

Question: I have extra copies of Half-Life 2 and HL2 Episode 1 on my Steam account, which I can transfer to another Steam user. Would selling/trading these count as "CD keys by themselves without the associated media"?

If it's gifted between Steam users, then I think you'd be OK with it, as I know Steam allows for that process.

CD keys can be generated by all types of illicit means, so there's no way for someone to know if they're good or not without the physical media and the printed key.

#201 v1et r1ce

v1et r1ce

Formerly nikelecious91

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

I think this sentence is missing a word..

* Parcel Post - more expensive than Media Mail and about the same shipping timeframe for Parcel Post has no restrictions on what can be shipped, weight-wise or item-wise. Best used for items such as gaming systems that are much heavier than First Class would allow, and won't fit into the shipping criteria for Media Mail.

It's after the word "for" and before the words "Parcel Post".

#202 dsrtstorm

dsrtstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:25 AM

Is posting about selling my Hori EX2 for sale unacceptable on this forum?

#203 piercey

piercey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:27 AM

Unless I'm missing something, it should be alright.....
From a couch in North Dakota
PSN: pierceythepilot XBL: piercey18
trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=221708

#204 dsrtstorm

dsrtstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:34 AM

Thanks.

#205 muhsheesuh

muhsheesuh

Son I am disappoint

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

Forgive me if this issue has already been brought up as I don't really feel like sifting through 10 pages of posts.
I was just wondering what is the point of 'negative feedback' in the itrader ratings when giving a rating to another user? Don't moderators usually suspend/ban the trader's account if something goes wrong? I can understand the neutral feedback for something like not including a manual or case when stated they would or if it's not in the condition as described but I feel there is no need for a 'negative' feedback option.

#206 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:18 AM

Forgive me if this issue has already been brought up as I don't really feel like sifting through 10 pages of posts.
I was just wondering what is the point of 'negative feedback' in the itrader ratings when giving a rating to another user? Don't moderators usually suspend/ban the trader's account if something goes wrong? I can understand the neutral feedback for something like not including a manual or case when stated they would or if it's not in the condition as described but I feel there is no need for a 'negative' feedback option.

Well, let's say someone buys a mint/complete copy of a game only to be sent a scratched disc only copy. I think that's worthy of a negative, but may not be worthy of a ban/suspension.

#207 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:06 PM

I'm curious why auctions are allowed in the trade forum. Shouldn't there be a requirement to list an item and a price instead of using cag as an ebay.

#208 greenrocks

greenrocks

Nightcrawler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

I'm curious why auctions are allowed in the trade forum. Shouldn't there be a requirement to list an item and a price instead of using cag as an ebay.

They are auctions in sense but they view it as lowball sales - it's more like "pay what you bidded plus the shipping"... They use lowball sale instead of ebay because they don't like to pay the insertion and selling comission fees.
Posted Image

#209 jimijumper

jimijumper

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

They are auctions in sense but they view it as lowball sales - it's more like "pay what you bidded plus the shipping"... They use lowball sale instead of ebay because they don't like to pay the insertion and selling comission fees.

I'd just like to point out that I held two very successful lowball auctions here on CAG. I've never been on ebay and never would use ebay so to say that all people who have had lowball auctions here on CAG do so because we don't like to pay ebay comissions is misleading.

CAG is the only online community I have ever belonged to. I wasn't looking to move a bunch of merchandise but when I was in need of some money (my 12 year old needed to get braces) I decided to give the fine people on this site the first (and only) shot at much of my collection.

Some items went for a ridiculous amount of money (Lost Odyssey guide for $30) but most of it went for a decent price. I ended up selling a mint GH I bundle AND a mint GH II bundle for about $25.00 to one person for BOTH!

Anyways I just wanted to say that I did not hold my lowball auctions on CAG because I was saving commission fees but rather because CAG is THE BEST online game trading community on the web and i wanted to give back to a site that has helped me save so much $$ in the past.

-jimijumper

#210 greenrocks

greenrocks

Nightcrawler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:07 AM

I'd just like to point out that I held two very successful lowball auctions here on CAG. I've never been on ebay and never would use ebay so to say that all people who have had lowball auctions here on CAG do so because we don't like to pay ebay comissions is misleading.

CAG is the only online community I have ever belonged to. I wasn't looking to move a bunch of merchandise but when I was in need of some money (my 12 year old needed to get braces) I decided to give the fine people on this site the first (and only) shot at much of my collection.

Some items went for a ridiculous amount of money (Lost Odyssey guide for $30) but most of it went for a decent price. I ended up selling a mint GH I bundle AND a mint GH II bundle for about $25.00 to one person for BOTH!

Anyways I just wanted to say that I did not hold my lowball auctions on CAG because I was saving commission fees but rather because CAG is THE BEST online game trading community on the web and i wanted to give back to a site that has helped me save so much $$ in the past.

-jimijumper

I see. =D
Personally, and obviously I have never held a lowball sale but I could see, kinda understand the feelings of gamers running lowball sale just to give the community, the largest group online targeted for video gamers, chances to get dibs on them, like you said, for certain DECENT prices. It's quite great to see people like that. Myself, hoping to do one someday, but I seem to be procrastinating. x_O;
Posted Image