425 replies to this topic

#241 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:35 PM

Stry-ker...no
Read the rules....
* Modded consoles and console mods of any type. This rule includes other electronics as well, such as an Itouch or IPhone. This is not up for discussion.
* Software such as HDLoader, HDAdvance and the like, due to the possible illegal uses that such applications can be used for. This is not up for discussion.

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#242 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:58 PM

Stry-ker...no
Read the rules....
* Modded consoles and console mods of any type. This rule includes other electronics as well, such as an Itouch or IPhone. This is not up for discussion.
* Software such as HDLoader, HDAdvance and the like, due to the possible illegal uses that such applications can be used for. This is not up for discussion.

Thank you..

Steam ID:  Darthstryk3r

#243 ohram

ohram

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:55 AM

I've got a trading question. I'm planning on doing some selling/trading now and I'm a bit worried about the false charge back scam on Paypal. What happens if someone tries to do a charge back but the funds have been withdrawn? Or can funds only be withdrawn 30 days after the sale?

Edited by ohram, 21 November 2009 - 04:08 AM.

:twoguns:

#244 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:57 AM

I've got a trading question. I'm planning on doing some selling/trading now and I'm a bit worried about the false charge back scam on Paypal. What happens if someone tries to do a charge back but the funds have been withdrawn? Or can funds only be withdrawn 30 days after the sale?

You can withdraw funds instantly from your Paypal account. As soon as you opt to have them sent to you as a check or sent via ETF to your back account, they're out of your Paypal account.

Some payment methods, like eChecks, take time to clear before the money is available in your account.

If someone tries a chargeback when you have funds in your account, Paypal can try to collect the funds out of your attached payment method.

#245 ohram

ohram

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:59 AM

You can withdraw funds instantly from your Paypal account. As soon as you opt to have them sent to you as a check or sent via ETF to your back account, they're out of your Paypal account.

Some payment methods, like eChecks, take time to clear before the money is available in your account.

If someone tries a chargeback when you have funds in your account, Paypal can try to collect the funds out of your attached payment method.

Thank you.
:twoguns:

#246 hotwls13

hotwls13

BROKE ASS GAMER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

OK, here's my situation. Paid for an item through paypal to a guy on here with 56+ feedback 100%. We were pming back and forth like crazy until I sent payment. Since then I haven't heard anything from him. It will have been a week tomorrow, I have checked his profile and he been on here posting DAILY since I sent he $$, yet NO REPLIES to my PM's. I just sent him a final PM saying if I don't hear from him soon, I would leave neg feedback as well as contact Paypal to try to get my $$ back.

Is it possible his PM box is full?? Or is he just another flake??

#247 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

It tells you when someone's PM box is full.
Posted Image

#248 hotwls13

hotwls13

BROKE ASS GAMER!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

Just got a PM from him. Package should be here in a day. If so, I will chock it up to stuff happens. ;)

#249 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

So does this thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=201811

"Beta Codes May Not Be Sold Or Traded For Goods"

Override this rule in this thread above?

* Betas for games. Most TOS's/EULA's for the beta say that the beta discs can't be sold/given away, during the beta or after the beta has expired. Depends on the terms of the EULA/TOS for the beta, though if planning to sell/trade them on CAG, please provide a copy of the EULA/TOS that explains thet can be sold. Without that proof, betas can't be sold.

#250 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

There's never been a beta that allows for sale in its EULA/TOS, so it's a moot point.

#251 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:26 PM

There's never been a beta that allows for sale in its EULA/TOS, so it's a moot point.

The Modnation Racers Beta is the one I should have said I am referring to. Its a card inside LBP GotY edition. It has no mention of not for sale/trade in EULA.

Also there are other betas that have been given out at gamestop as promos/bonuses, but I dont have any specific examples.

I do understand that you cant sell/trade betas like MMORPGs that the company has sent the specific individual the cd/beta license, but these generic betas are handed out wily-nily or just freely available. And I am asking so people stop posting "BETAS MAY NOT BE SOLD OR TRADED" at every opportunity.

Edited by Arakias, 02 December 2009 - 03:37 PM.

#252 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:49 PM

So after a few days of going back and forth with offers, someone agreed to a trade with me. Since he had lower feedback he agreed to send his end of the trade first. I told him that I would pack up his games and send them as soon as he gave me the delivery confirmation. I spent time and my own money to go out and purchase a box, bubble wrap and packing tape to make sure these games arrived to this person in great condition.

Days and days go by and I dont hear anything from this person even though I see him online every single day. After 4 days, I see the person online again so I send them a PM asking what the status was and telling them I have their package ready to go. All I needed was a delivery confirmation number. This person chooses to ignore my PM's. By this time I can tell something is wrong and I become a bit agitated. Finally, I see this person online again 6 days after the trade was agreed to and PM them again asking what was up. I remained civil the entire time.

The person finally returns my PM (I'm guessing PM number 4) saying nothing other than they are cancelling the trade. I promptly return their PM explaining how I've spent time and money on the box, wrap, and tape. I also tell them how I've turned down other offers for the exact games I was trading to him and the games I am supposed to be recieving in return. I also miss out on a pretty sweet amazon black friday deal for one of the games I am supposed to be receiving from this person. I ask for some sort of explanation as to why he was cancelling the trade. Of course, I am ignored by the person.

Is this ground for negative feedback or am I just going to have to accept this situation and mark them as a bad trader on my tradelist?

Thanks, and sorry for the rant. I'm just a bit enraged by the situation :)

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#253 myl0r

myl0r

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:03 PM

So after a few days of going back and forth with offers, someone agreed to a trade with me. Since he had lower feedback he agreed to send his end of the trade first. I told him that I would pack up his games and send them as soon as he gave me the delivery confirmation. I spent time and my own money to go out and purchase a box, bubble wrap and packing tape to make sure these games arrived to this person in great condition.

Days and days go by and I dont hear anything from this person even though I see him online every single day. After 4 days, I see the person online again so I send them a PM asking what the status was and telling them I have their package ready to go. All I needed was a delivery confirmation number. This person chooses to ignore my PM's. By this time I can tell something is wrong and I become a bit agitated. Finally, I see this person online again 6 days after the trade was agreed to and PM them again asking what was up. I remained civil the entire time.

The person finally returns my PM (I'm guessing PM number 4) saying nothing other than they are cancelling the trade. I promptly return their PM explaining how I've spent time and money on the box, wrap, and tape. I also tell them how I've turned down other offers for the exact games I was trading to him and the games I am supposed to be recieving in return. I also miss out on a pretty sweet amazon black friday deal for one of the games I am supposed to be receiving from this person. I ask for some sort of explanation as to why he was cancelling the trade. Of course, I am ignored by the person.

Is this ground for negative feedback or am I just going to have to accept this situation and mark them as a bad trader on my tradelist?

Thanks, and sorry for the rant. I'm just a bit enraged by the situation :)

Similar situation for me. Seller cancelled on me. Can i leave negative?

#254 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

PM a mod and get them on the bad trader list. Not worthy of a negative feedback if there was no actual transaction imo.

Edited by jacknicklson, 10 December 2009 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image

#255 OwenRocky

OwenRocky

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

I hope this is the right place to ask. I have a 1600 Xbox points card I'm looking to trade for a $20 PSN card. What would be the best way to go about it without the fear that I will get ripped off? I figured I would sell the points for cash, then buy a PSN card, but anything to save time would be better for me.

#256 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:43 AM

Can something be done about feedback being left for trading Nintendo game codes? That's a lot more minor than PSN gamesharing but it seems like that's allowed. Not to single him out but muzras seems to have a lot of those.

#257 Chronotrigga

Chronotrigga

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:43 PM

I hope this is the right place to ask. I have a 1600 Xbox points card I'm looking to trade for a $20 PSN card. What would be the best way to go about it without the fear that I will get ripped off? I figured I would sell the points for cash, then buy a PSN card, but anything to save time would be better for me.

I think it ultimately depends on the person. You should make sure you look at the person's iTrader first. Normally, if a person's iTrader is pretty high, I wouldn't bother trading my XBL for cash, etc.. since paypal takes a certain amount for fees. I feel relatively safe trading with an experienced CAG.

However, if you do want to be on the safe side, you should definitely attempt to trade your XBL for Paypal and then buy a PSN card. But yeah, depends on the CAG. Just make sure you look at their join date and their iTrader rating first. If their iTrader is very high, you shouldn't feel nervous when giving your code out first.

Posted Image

#258 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

Can something be done about feedback being left for trading Nintendo game codes? That's a lot more minor than PSN gamesharing but it seems like that's allowed. Not to single him out but muzras seems to have a lot of those.

It shouldn't be allowed, no.

As it wasn't in the thread (it is now), we can't go back and remove it retroactively, though I'll make sure it's understood from this point forward.

Same goes for My Coke Rewards, Pepsi points and the like.

#259 flagg1216

flagg1216

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:06 AM

What about trading pre-order/promotional codes for other codes? is that allowed?

#260 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:34 AM

What about trading pre-order/promotional codes for other codes? is that allowed?

Sure, you can trade them, just don't expect feedback for them.

#261 mossman43

mossman43

Castlevania Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:20 AM

I am in for a big loss I think. Last week I started making trades and started my own trading thread. I got a Pm from someone who said he had all 3 of the 360 games I was looking for and he wanted 5 of my PS3 games, so I could pick a couple more from his list. After we agreed on what we were trading, I had to ship first because my feedback was 0 and his was 4. I sent him the games and he recieved them. I kept sending him PMs asking where my part of the deal was. He first responded that the games I sent him had to be picked up at the post office because noone was home for delivery so his mother was going to pick them up the next day. I then waited and he never PMed me about his games to ship me. I kept sending him messages asking for a picture of the games he is supposed to send and he sent me a message that he didn't have a camera. Finally he got back to me yesterday and said that he would ship them out and give me a tracking number today. He keeps jumping on and offline and is now avoiding me. I have no idea what to do??
Proud owner of a PC Engine Duo-R with Castlevania Dracula X!!

#262 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:45 AM

Pm a mod the details

#263 BitLooter

BitLooter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:56 AM

I'm a bit unclear on the rules for this - I just gave a 48-hour code to a user in exchange for a GoW2 DLC code. Would it be appropriate to leave feedback for this, or would the fact that we're trading codes through PMs make it fall outside the feedback system?

#264 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

Is it possible to leave negative feedback (or at least nuetral feedback) if a seller cancels their lowball without warning?

The way I read into the feedback rules seems to imply that unless an exchange takes place no feedback can be left, but given that a lowball bid is the "promise to exchange" it seems like the feedback system should provide some way to incorporate situations like this, as they may be early indicators for future negative activity.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#265 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

Is it possible to leave negative feedback (or at least nuetral feedback) if a seller cancels their lowball without warning?

The way I read into the feedback rules seems to imply that unless an exchange takes place no feedback can be left, but given that a lowball bid is the "promise to exchange" it seems like the feedback system should provide some way to incorporate situations like this, as they may be early indicators for future negative activity.

Lowball sales have been agreed to be a binding, eBay-style agreement between buyer and seller, though it's normally the buyers that tend to back out in these situations, not sellers. When the buyer backs out, it's neg-feedback worthy, because of the assumption of a binding agreement between parties. The same should be the case if the seller packs up and calls it a day on their lowball.

PM me the seller's name in question and I'll look into it.

#266 Pijaibros

Pijaibros

doesn't get it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread or any other time, but one thing has been bugging me about trading here for about a year.

Why can people post lists of things without prices? I'm a bit tired of playing "guess the magic price number in-my-head". Can it be made mandatory to have prices listed with their games here on this board? It would make dealings much easier and quicker. At least it would provide a starting point that all can see.

Also sellers listing things they don't want to trade and only to show off their collection in the sale list does nothing but ruin search results for particular games.

#267 blissskr

blissskr

Come on Square

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

How do we report a suspected bad trader? I've pm'd a mod for two seperate issues now one of them being a bad trader and I never get a response???
:cold:

#268 Stoic Person Eater

Stoic Person Eater

Murder City Pandas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

How do we report a suspected bad trader? I've pm'd a mod for two seperate issues now one of them being a bad trader and I never get a response???

I PM'd Pookymeister about a bad trade experience and now that trader is on probation...

#269 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

I've never seen any PMs about this issue, and it's usually myself or Pookymeister that handles those issues.

#270 blissskr

blissskr

Come on Square

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

I've never seen any PMs about this issue, and it's usually myself or Pookymeister that handles those issues.

Ok I resent it too you.
:cold: