More DS / PSP / PS2 discounts at Play-Asia. Smart Bomb $9.90 Space Invaders $12.90

There are Faqs for Namco x Capcom and you don't really need to know japanese to play the game I IMO. If you want to know the story without FAQs though, that's different. I haven't played it much as it gets rather repetitive.

[quote name='LeRoy']These games won't work on an American PSP will they?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they will PSPs and DSes are universal.

[quote name='suko_32']There are Faqs for Namco x Capcom and you don't really need to know japanese to play the game I IMO. If you want to know the story without FAQs though, that's different. I haven't played it much as it gets rather repetitive.[/QUOTE]

Worth 20 bucks? No chance of US release? This is the first ive heard of the game

I am just wondering what's the difference between Japanese version game and Asia version.. sound like a cheaper production to me.. anyone knows?

It isn't a cheaper production value or what you're thinking. I used to know this stuff but I think it's because stuff in Japan is generally more expensive than other parts of Asia and that's why it's cheaper to buy Asia version games. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='suko_32']It isn't a cheaper production value or what you're thinking. I used to know this stuff but I think it's because stuff in Japan is generally more expensive than other parts of Asia and that's why it's cheaper to buy Asia version games. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you are right, combine that with the fact that most people importing games want the Japanese version you have the almighty cheap ASIA versions!

Production/packaging value is just the same though. :)

[quote name='Cmosfm']I'm pretty sure you are right, combine that with the fact that most people importing games want the Japanese version you have the almighty cheap ASIA versions!

Production/packaging value is just the same though. :)[/QUOTE]
the packing and manual is sometimes in English or Chinese, which can sometimes be a plus. The only people who want to pay more for a Japanese version are probably the same people paying extra for a non GH version to keep their collection the same or something. Also sometimes play-asia will ship out the Japanese version if you are lucky/unlucky.

[quote name='ManChowder']i wish I could read Japanese, I would love Namco x Capcom.[/QUOTE]

Tons of boobs in that one... coming to the U.S.?

that is an awesome deal for minna no golf portable

If you don't own hot shots, jesus, buy this now... $15 shipped !!!!!

I own it and it's very easy to play with no understanding of any asian language

[quote name='62t']the packing and manual is sometimes in English or Chinese, which can sometimes be a plus. The only people who want to pay more for a Japanese version are probably the same people paying extra for a non GH version to keep their collection the same or something. Also sometimes play-asia will ship out the Japanese version if you are lucky/unlucky.[/QUOTE]

Well, I HATE HATE HATE GH versions of games and will pay more not to have them. As for imports though, I just buy those to play them, so it doesn't matter much to me. I wouldn't buy an import just to own it.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Well, I HATE HATE HATE GH versions of games and will pay more not to have them. As for imports though, I just buy those to play them, so it doesn't matter much to me. I wouldn't buy an import just to own it.[/QUOTE]

Plus, unless things have changed, it's really only a slightly different back cover variation distinguishing Asian from Japanese versions, or at least that used to be the case with PS1 games (which was the last time I bought imports).

Usually there's just a notice that instructions are included in Chinese, Japanese & English on the back cover, and often there's a smaller appendix manual in those languages in addition to the normal Japanese booklet.

So the differences are (were?) negligible, unlike those bright green and red spines of PS1/PS2 GH games, which I absolutely detest!

Damn, k, I bit. Got the Namco x Capcom game. I know someone that has the Japanese version, so I'll make some comparisons and post any differences between the two later.

(prays for no black and white manual)

I picked up Space Invaders and Minna no Golf. Did the US version of Hot Shots Open Tee change the look of the characters from the Japanese version like all the console versions?

[quote name='chickenhawk']Anyone know how Spaced Invaders is? Also, I heard Smart Bomb wasn't too good. ANyone have any hands on opinions?[/QUOTE]

I was also wondering the same thing [about Space Invaders].

I went ahead & bought Space Invaders: for $16.00 shipped it's kinda hard to pass up on & my PSP has been collecting dust for some time now & needs something new.

I know at least one of you is tempted to get Smart Bomb at that price. Please don't. It's so, so awful.

[quote name='chickenhawk']Anyone know how Spaced Invaders is? Also, I heard Smart Bomb wasn't too good. ANyone have any hands on opinions?[/QUOTE]

Space Invaders Galaxy Beat really isn't worth it. I have it and I hardly play it. It just isn't that much fun. At first, theshooter aspect is neat, but it's basically a thrid person view Space Invaders. It gets old after awhile. And the gimmicky shoot the super beam to the beat is silly, as if you fire on the beat to get the super beam, you really can't aim at anything, you're just firing for the sake of firing. The Invaders move up and down in front of you as they get closer, so it's easier to just destroy them old school with your regular cannon.

Pretty boring actually...but it doesn't require you to read any Japanese to play.

Great deal, I got Sengoku and Space Invaders.

I can't wait to play Space Invaders with polygons, w00t!

Also, has anyone notices that the low price lines are getting consecutively uglier?

First it was Greatest Hits, which is ugly. The Platimum hits, which is a bit uglier. The Player Choice, which looks like shit, and now The Best, which looks like your mom's ass.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Great deal, I got Sengoku and Space Invaders.

I can't wait to play Space Invaders with polygons, w00t!

Also, has anyone notices that the low price lines are getting consecutively uglier?

First it was Greatest Hits, which is ugly. The Platimum hits, which is a bit uglier. The Player Choice, which looks like shit, and now The Best, which looks like your mom's ass.[/QUOTE]

MY MOM'S ASS IS VERY GOOD LOOKING THANK YOU VE....

...oh shit.

bread's done
Back