• Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#631 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:01 AM

Welcome!

I've heard Fye (Transworld to be exact) is closing some stores. Anyone know if the ones in Promenade in Tulsa and Penn Square in OKC are closing? I was at the Tulsa one about two weeks ago and saw nothing about them closing and what not. But I haven't been to that Suncoast in Penn Square in about a year.

#632 indnclc

indnclc

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:50 AM

yo everyone. im from coweta and im working at the cc on 71st street. its my last week there before i go work at wall mart. everyone should know that cc is closing. i heard my manager talking to the liquidator that my store is going to be getting shippments in from other cc stores that werent selling well and a lot of stock from the warehouse the next few days. i thought i would pass that around. oh by the everyone thats checking can perform manager price adjustments....wink wink
i might be able to help a few cags in tulsa if anybody replies before i leave cc.
: p

#633 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:03 AM

indnclc, is there anything left thats good like L4D or MS points cards? I went nuts over the holidays and picked up lots of stuff with all the sales.

#634 Torrwin

Torrwin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

i might be able to help a few cags in tulsa if anybody replies before i leave cc.

What do we need to do? :)

#635 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

I saw that they ran a pre liquidation sale, but I decided to wait on the small laptop harddrive... since mine is completely dead. I might have to stop by if you are working tomorrow :)

#636 Torrwin

Torrwin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

bah, leave us hope like that and then leave us hanging

#637 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Last I checked there were still MS point cards at the CC on 41st near Yale. This was on saturday.

#638 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

Are the Wii point cards cleared out at both Tulsa CCs?

Also, did any of you Tulsa-area CAGs pick up some extra Mass Effect strat guides during any of the recent drops? Don't care if it has the art book or not.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#639 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:06 AM

Damnit, Eugaet! I was hoping you had scored some ME LE guides so I could get some from you. I was specifically looking for that and Fable 2 LE. But then, I guess so was just about everyone else.:cry:

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#640 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:14 AM

Haha, I was looking for the Fable 2 LE and some of the other 360 RPG guides too.... but they were either pulled or something, because I hadn't seen a single one (even the fallout 3 LEs were gone). They had the other guides, though... so I'm doubting they were pulled for compacting.

If anybody was looking for Spore and missed out, I grabbed an extra.
Im just glad I lucked out more than the gamestop drops, couldn't get a single guide (extremely disappointing).

#641 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:51 AM

Very Strange.

I went into local CC at Quail in Okla City Monday morning at opening. All of the Blu-rays that were there Saturday (hundreds) were gone. I thought maybe somebody had come in and bought them all. Asked worker and he said they boxed up ALL blu-rays to send back to distribution center. They were in the midst of packing up all video games over 19.99 for the same reason. I pulled one still on the shelf with tag of 49.99 and asked if i could buy it (wasn't going to, just curious) and he said no, nothing over 19.99 could be sold. So i don't know what is going on, but basically all of the blu-rays and video games of consequence have been removed....

#642 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:29 AM

Very Strange.

I went into local CC at Quail in Okla City Monday morning at opening. All of the Blu-rays that were there Saturday (hundreds) were gone. I thought maybe somebody had come in and bought them all. Asked worker and he said they boxed up ALL blu-rays to send back to distribution center. They were in the midst of packing up all video games over 19.99 for the same reason. I pulled one still on the shelf with tag of 49.99 and asked if i could buy it (wasn't going to, just curious) and he said no, nothing over 19.99 could be sold. So i don't know what is going on, but basically all of the blu-rays and video games of consequence have been removed....

Aw crap. Thanks for the info, I was thinking about heading up this weekend to scout out the Blu-ray section. That's ridiculous. The Norman CC had all their blu-rays until they locked up the last day. They still had a lot left when they were 60% off last December (before I got a BD player, unfortunately).

Are Tulsa CC's ridding themselves of video games and blu-rays? If not I've got a friend that can get stuff for me - I hope. And if they're cheap enough.

#643 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:17 AM

This Circuit City issue could be caused by the fact that the initial liquidation in December was done by a liquidator working for CC. From what I understand, CC has sold off everything to the liquidator. It would make sense that they ship the product to locations more likely to sell it.

Posted Image

#644 Torrwin

Torrwin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

I just got back from the CC on 71st in Tulsa. It's very slim pickings there now, and they have signs saying the doors are closing for good on Feb 16th...

They do have some Blu-Rays there, as well as a decent number of video games (way more than the 41st location does), but nothing worth noting. There was one xbox 1 month card left, but that was all on points cards.

Oh, also, the player's guides are now 50% off. I remember seeing dead space, mass effect, gta iv, mario kart, and a few others. So, instead of $20 they are $10. They were also moved to the top shelf above the DS games.

#645 MattZack

MattZack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:23 AM

The 41st and Yale CC is barren now, a few CDs/DVDs left, but almost no games left. Guides I remember were Fallout, GTAIV, RSV2, Mario Kart, and a ton of the MGSIV and Spore guides. All the good games are gone.

#646 kilm

kilm

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

Last day for 71st Street Tulsa Circuit City location... and there's nothing =(

#647 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

^^Same in OKC. Last day. Nothing to be had. To be expected, though...

Posted Image

#648 Molokai

Molokai

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:41 AM

There seems to be a 4-week lull in the conversation.

#649 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

Then let's bring it back. I believe Hastings is having a Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 sale this weekend on used games, cds, books & dvds. Went by today (picked up Transporter 3 BD for $22.99, cheaper than the 2-Disc SD) and was looking around. The dvds are already on the sale, but I guess the music and games aren't? I didn't see anything eye-popping for me though.

#650 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:42 PM

I think Hastings always has B2G1F1 they just don't advertise it in the circulars or signs. At least at the Stillwater Hastings I believe it's like that.

#651 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:52 AM

Norman could be the same way, I just don't go often enough to know. I've been twice in the past four or five months. It used to be B2G1 1 cent though right? I guess the economy has caused to bump it to a dollar.

#652 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:43 AM

Tulsa folks, are you getting a Half Price Books? And if so, where? The OKC store opens in May.

Also, what's up with your Game Exchanges being 1000% better then the OKC ones? Ours are outhouses compared to the one on Memorial (I think).

Posted Image

#653 Molokai

Molokai

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:20 AM

Today I went to GS for their B2G1 sale on used stuff. I had a short list of games I wanted, and the only GS with 3 from my list in stock was the one at Crossroads Mall in OKC. That place is sooo depressing, but if you want to find a GS that has lots of unsold games, that's your best bet.

#654 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:04 AM

Today I went to GS for their B2G1 sale on used stuff. I had a short list of games I wanted, and the only GS with 3 from my list in stock was the one at Crossroads Mall in OKC. That place is sooo depressing, but if you want to find a GS that has lots of unsold games, that's your best bet.

When i lived in norman, we used to go to crossroads mall for some ddr shenanigans....then we switched to cactus jacks. The last time I went to that mall... anchor stores were being moved and/or liquidated. I stopped into that gamestop and they didnt have anything. That mall is just straight up depressing in general.. :(

#655 mmgreenmms

mmgreenmms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:40 AM

Tulsa folks, are you getting a Half Price Books? And if so, where? The OKC store opens in May.

Also, what's up with your Game Exchanges being 1000% better then the OKC ones? Ours are outhouses compared to the one on Memorial (I think).

According to their website, Tulsa is not expected to get a Half Price Books.

And I have no idea why our Game Exchange's are better. I haven't been to one in ages and I've never been to one in OKC. Maybe the people who run the one at Memorial enjoy working there.

#656 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:11 AM

I travel from OKC to Norman all the time and if I have to take a leak at the halfway point, I always stop by Crossroads.

It is a clear example of folks planning big but it not panning out. It is too pretty a mall to deserve its fate.

By the way, I cleared out the May Ave. Big Lots in OKC. They still have a Stranglehold and there might be one or two of the more obscure titles still in stock, but good luck.

The Big Lots on I-240 near Crossroads was the only one with tons of anime last I checked. Anime detailed in the Big Lots thread on the main forum.

#657 SmackmYackm

SmackmYackm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:18 AM

Holy crap! There's a Oklahoma thread? Glorious!

#658 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:32 AM

I travel from OKC to Norman all the time and if I have to take a leak at the halfway point, I always stop by Crossroads.

This cracked me up for some reason! Maybe the thought of you stopping to take a leak on Crossroads.:applause:

Posted Image

#659 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

Anyone have any luck finding the following?

Target:
FFIV [DS] $4.98 (or any price for that matter, disappeared from the Tulsa stores before it clearanced)
Lock's Quest [DS] $4.98 (same, disappeared before clearanced)

KMart:
Super Robot Taisen [GBA] $5.99

I'm sure there are others, but those are the most recent ones I haven't been able to find and really wish I could.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#660 SmackmYackm

SmackmYackm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

Tulsa 21st and Yale Target had some clearance games I havent seen there before.

Quantum of Solace PC for $21
Two Worlds Epic Edition for $14

Also, anyone know where they hide the PC stuff at the 21st and Sheridan Big Lots? Last time I was in there they didn't have any in the usual place.

Update: Found out that they are keeping the PC games in the case up front. I guess that store has a bit of a shoplifting problem. Also discovered that they get trucks every other friday. This friday is a delivery day, so I think its a good possibility you'll find some new stuff.

Edited by SmackmYackm, 31 March 2009 - 12:56 AM.