• Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#61 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:29 AM

Hmm, OKC bad traffic?

It is nothing like Tulsa this time of year. Tulsa over by 71st and Memorial is pure living hell. It will take you an hour or more sometimes just to get off of the exits in this area. Then, you'll move about 10 ft per hour after you get on memorial or 71st right in front of Best Buy/Circuit City/Woodland Hills. Yup, we have Best Buy and a Mall here.

When I say traffic I don't mean horse and buggies either. Real world modern cars that run on fuel from a gas station. Actually most are big ass SUV or trucks.

#62 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:42 AM

Hmm, OKC bad traffic?

It is nothing like Tulsa this time of year. Tulsa over by 71st and Memorial is pure living hell. It will take you an hour or more sometimes just to get off of the exits in this area. Then, you'll move about 10 ft per hour after you get on memorial or 71st right in front of Best Buy/Circuit City/Woodland Hills. Yup, we have Best Buy and a Mall here.

When I say traffic I don't mean horse and buggies either. Real world modern cars that run on fuel from a gas station. Actually most are big ass SUV or trucks.

Yea, not terribly bad but I forgot that OKC is bigger than most of what I have around me - it compared to Baton Rouge traffic but the problems I ran into were due to construction plus the exit I was suposed to get off at doesn't exist anymore :shock:

I did like it up there though - the airs easier to breathe than down here :)

#63 AdamInPlaidum

AdamInPlaidum

Wii will rock you.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:35 PM

Hmm, OKC bad traffic?

The traffic is a lot better over by the Circuit City and Best Buy near 41st and Sheridan, near Promenade Mall. I basically do all my electronics shopping in this square-mile radius or so. There's an EBGames in Promenade, Best Buy behind the mall, Circuit City across the street, and a used media store called Vintage Stock in the same shopping center as CC. Not to mention DEALS, where nothing is over $1. God I love that store.
Currently playing: Viewtiful Joe (DS), Trace Memory (DS), Pokemon Emerald (GBA), Astro Boy (GBA)

#64 neifirst

neifirst

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:20 AM

Wow, there are people from Stillwater on this thread? I visit CAG every day and never thought to look.

Anyone here still looking for the ol' 360? I need to network myself in town to catch one if it pops up anywhere in Stillwater.

#65 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:28 AM

Wal-Mart and Hastings.

Right now, at population 39,000 and not growing, we don't have any other choices. I am sure EB Games is preordered for a while.

#66 FoeHammer

FoeHammer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:41 AM

Did anyone else get that Hastings mailer for a FREE xbox or ps2 controller. That was so sweet! The lady at the register thought i was up to something.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#67 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:52 AM

Was it in the Sunday Paper? I usually never bother to read or look at any of the ads and just chuck them in the trash.

#68 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2005 - 02:02 AM

The ads are the only reason I get the Sunday paper. However I didn't notice anything from Hastings. I'm always in need of an extra controller...

#69 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:11 AM

Anyone score anything decent on the TRU clearance? I scored:
Resident Evil 4
Pariah
Wario Ware
Zelda Four Swords
Conker
Psychonauts
Fatal Frame 2
Doom 3
Area 51

Unfortunately, I didn't find Mario Party 5 and Pirates. I spent enough as it is...

#70 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:01 PM

Which Toys R Us?

I'm going this soon.

I did go the Best Buy on I-35/Service Rd. To pick up Dragon Quest w/ Coupon for $24.99.

The only games I want from Toys R Us are the Resident EVil and Wario Ware. Have any extras? I'll come pick them up from you :)

Did they have many games left?

#71 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:52 AM

The TRU near Crossroads mall (and the Best Buy you mentioned) had the best assortment of games in my opinion. I picked everything up the day it went cheap. Sorry, I didn't pick up any extras. I already had RE4, but picked this one up for a friend. I was in again Monday and they were out of RE4, but still had plenty of copies of Wario Ware.

Good Luck....

#72 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:41 AM

Same TRU had about 15 Geist and 10 Metroid Prime 2 this afternoon.

#73 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:46 PM

I'm going Monday to either one of the TRU in OKC or Tulsa. Can't decide which though. Maybe the one out in the boonies in Tulsa is a good place to check.

#74 Vice

Vice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2005 - 08:21 PM

Brainwave, which TRU did you get Fatal Frame 2 from? o.o

#75 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2006 - 04:29 PM

Brainwave, which TRU did you get Fatal Frame 2 from? o.o

I got it from the Crossroads location (I-35 and I-240). However, I've been back since and didn't notice any. There were only a couple on the day the sale went into effect. That being said, you still might check. I've notice a couple of TRU's replenishing some of the clearance titles. This same location was restocking Elf last time I was in.

I think it has something to do with the fact that NONE of the employees working there had any knowledge of the sale taking place. I even asked one of them the night before the price drops and he was adamant that there were no price drops coming. Works in our favor, I suppose!

#76 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

I'm going Monday to either one of the TRU in OKC or Tulsa. Can't decide which though. Maybe the one out in the boonies in Tulsa is a good place to check.

If you go to Tulsa, hit the TRU on 71st and Mingo. I saw 1 copy of Pikmin 2 in a bin with a bunch of other price drop games a few days ago.

#77 Vice

Vice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:01 PM

Yeah, Crossroads was cleaned out when I went. I called them before Christmas and they didn't have any of FFII, DOAU, or RE4. Kinda made me sad. But, I went up there and scored Polarium for DS. That's great fun and not advertised on the main list. I just want an RE4; the Quail Springs store had plenty one day, 0 the next. Damn hoarders.

#78 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:21 PM

Just went to TRU by Quail. All they had was a table. The place was cleaned out of everything, not just the cheap stuff.

#79 Vice

Vice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:51 AM

Slag, no way. They've been one of the best stocked places, unless wave after wave of CAGs came in, I find that hard to believe. They've had some stuff for forever; I'll be sad if I missed out on Guilty Gear Isuka, among others.

#80 DisturbedZen

DisturbedZen

I'm illegal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:15 AM

Oh man, I used to live in Oklahoma 3 years ago... I loved Cactus Jacks...
One of the original CAGs.

Goozex referral, http://www.goozex.co...?idr=4449014487

Los Angeles Lakers

Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum

"Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you may proceed"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=76788

#81 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:53 AM

It's a damn shame arcades have gone the way of the dodo.

#82 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:45 PM

Any one stopped by Best Buy since Mega Man X Collection has been released?

I want to go pick it up tomorrow with my Best Buy coupon along with Castlevania 2 pack.

Tulsa or Oklahoma City

#83 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:33 PM

Nevermind.

Just got back from Memorial Best Buy in Oklahoma City.

Mega Man X Collection and Castlevania 2 pack both $19.99 + tax after coupons.

#84 FoeHammer

FoeHammer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:31 AM

Has anyone seen any xbox 360's anywhere? Stillwaters dry as a bone.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#85 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:50 AM

I never really looked as I was not interested and have not thought about it since launch time.

There are always people at Hastings and Wal-Mart just standing around waiting for one it seems.

#86 ZombieHendrix

ZombieHendrix

Sorry, I lurk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:16 AM

I hate that Best Buy on memorial in OKC...just feels so disorganized and crappy
Posted Image

#87 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:42 PM

Now that Christmas has passed, I'm guessing they will flood the market with them very shortly...

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#88 FoeHammer

FoeHammer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:17 PM

You would think that they would flood the market. But with the Asian release soon, it would not suprise me if we didnt see stocked shelves for quite awhile. Im only really wanting one for Fight Night and Oblivion, but If I dont see one soon, forget it. (Hey money just burns a hole right threw my pocket)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#89 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:50 AM

Anyone have any luck with the Sears clearance? I've tried to locate Minish Cap and WW: Touched, but haven't had any luck.

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#90 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:08 PM

I don't think Stillwater Sears has video games.

I was at Quail Springs and briefly stopped by Sears. My mom and I looked at the video games (she wants a DS, bad!), but were only looking for a couple certain items they did not have.