Oklahoma

• Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#91 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:03 AM

Just got Friday's News Press (I know it's Saturday) with the Hastings circular. Somethings of interest:

30% off used Games
30% off used DVD

They had special UNTIL NOON ONLY coupons that were decent, but I did not even get the paper til 3:30 PM. Snooze you lose I guess.

I'm going Monday to pick and choose, hopefully it won't be empty when I get there.

#92 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:23 PM

Just got Friday's News Press (I know it's Saturday) with the Hastings circular. Somethings of interest:

30% off used Games
30% off used DVD

Any idea if this was just at the Stillwater location? I might have to check the Norman Hastings...

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#93 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:33 PM

Any idea if this was just at the Stillwater location? I might have to check the Norman Hastings...

http://www.gohasting.../Stores_str.stm

#94 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

Pops,they're just like us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:27 PM

picked up Viewtiful Joe 2 at Norman Target for $7.48.. there were a few copies as well as some other ps2 games for $7.48 or less... so I suppose the rumor's of Target's lack of clearance games were greatly exaggerated.
"I'd mow down that hip crowd before I'd give up my toasted cheese sandwich"

#95 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:37 PM

damn, bought it at Wal-Mart for $20 and haven't played it yet.

#96 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:34 AM

yeah, well, sega classics collection was $6.48 there as well. I already owned that... probably worth a look if you don't have it, just for the versions of columns, fantasy zone, alien syndrome and I suppose space harrier is ok... just a shame they couldn't have put the original games on the disc in addition to the 3D remakes..

#97 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:30 AM

picked up Viewtiful Joe 2 at Norman Target for $7.48.. there were a few copies as well as some other ps2 games for $7.48 or less... so I suppose the rumor's of Target's lack of clearance games were greatly exaggerated.

Nice! I'll have to check it out tomorrow. It's been some time since I've seen a decent Target clearance. First dibs on clearance is pretty much the only thing I miss about no longer working there.

Posted Image

#98 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, as of yesterday it was pretty wiped out again. I think there was still a $9.98 copy of NBA Ballers for PS2 and a few PC games that have been there for 2 weeks or so (nothing major)... haven't seen any indication of DS games on sale, either... though, and I probably shouldn't say it on here (for fear it'll put the same thoughts in your minds), I'm actually waiting for they day they put those 4 gameboy players on clearance... I mean, geez, $49.99 for a gameboy player that runs only on a gamecube system that pretty much no one owns as their primary system which plays games for a gameboy system on your tv that are one iteration of gameboy games old as well... why hasn't this thing been dropped to $29.98 or $19.98 yet? Its like when they had all of those PSX games for $14-19 that no one was buying...

I'm guessing you might have better luck at the moment going across the streat and buying the PC stuff at Big Lots that people were posting on in other forums on here. I haven't been there yet, but I'm gonna guess they have stuff.

I suppose I'm happy I was lucky enough to get VJ2... Though I'm guessing the real craziness at target will be when that Wolrd Bizarre stuff (or whatever it is) drops to 50% off... even at 30% they are starting to sell a lot of stock... at 50%, I'm expecting most of it to be sold save a few of the tacky items. Some of the carpets are rather cool looking... not really for me at $179.99 full price or $125.99 or so at 30% off, but at $89, they are far more reasonable... same with a lot of the furnature. I swear they overprice the stuff just because they know they are only going to stock it for a short period of time and figure they'll sell it when they trick people into believing it is 30% off or whatever....

#99 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:00 PM

actually given the forecast for this weekend, if you did venture out to Target and they did use this weekend (sunday morning) to put out new clearance stuff, you might get first dibs given no one else wanting to drive in the freezing rain/snow mix

#100 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:53 AM

I stopped in a couple of days ago, but didn't find anything interesting. It's good to know there's still some clearance of any kind at Target. I haven't seen much of anything in some time.

Posted Image

#101 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

yeah... well, with the crappy weather, this may be a darn good weekend for them to drop stuff simply because I'm guessing most people will stay in if they don't have to go out driving (well, save for everyone and their mothers buying powerball tickets...)

#102 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:43 PM

Which Target are you guys talking about? I know of at least 2 in OKC: May and Penn.

#103 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:41 PM

picked up Viewtiful Joe 2 at Norman Target for $7.48.

Norman

Posted Image

#104 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:43 PM

Oh sorry, I read that a few days ago when you first posted, but couldn't remember and was too lazy to go back and look :)

Norman is a tad far for me.

#105 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:06 PM

more for us, heh... I've bought a ton of games for under $5 on that endcap... This is probably the most I've spent for a game on that endcap, though... but I suppose it did meet my own rule:

If the IGN score is greater than the dollar amount of the game, it generally is worth picking up... e.g., pretty much any game that's $5 or less is worth buying (if nothing else for use as trade bait, etc.), and certainly in the case of viewtiful joe 2, $7.50 is fine.

#106 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:01 PM

well, actually target did drop the gloabal furnature stuff to 50% in norman. still seems a bit pricy for me, but it was selling to a lot of teh after church crowd that was walking in. a quick check of the endcap did reveal a $7.48 copy of viewtiful joe 2 and a $6.48 copy of sega classics collection that people had 'hidden' behind some of the other games on the endcap.

#107 MORT A POTTY

MORT A POTTY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

fellow Oklahoman checking in....

#108 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:32 PM

welcome

#109 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:36 PM

Location?

#110 Derwood43

Derwood43

is a dad! Be afraid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:37 PM

I just want to give a big congrats to Sean Sutton and the rest of the crew up at OSU. That's a great win for the program and their confidence.

Now let's take down the cyclones!

Posted Image

#111 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:20 PM

I was shocked when I saw that score.

#112 Derwood43

Derwood43

is a dad! Be afraid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:48 PM

I was shocked when I saw that score.

I wasn't all that shocked because they actually just put two halves together. They played like I thought they might be able to if the ever gelled. This team can be scary good or scary ugly.

Posted Image

#113 FoeHammer

FoeHammer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:28 PM

Me and my buddy saw Eddie Sutton at the Liquor store about 3 months ago. When he pulled in the parking lot he ran the curb, and stumbled out of his vehicle. He bought a bottle of CHEAP ASS vodka at the getto BIG COUNTRY liquor store. He seemed trashed, We thought it was funny then...........dumbass. At least he is being charged. Did not want to see him escape justice just because of who he is.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#114 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2006 - 01:44 PM

If anyone is looking for Mario Kart DS bundles, I found about 7 of them at the KMart in Shawnee. I asked if you got a free game with it as you do the other DS systems this week. However, the clerk looked at the sign for some time and decided that he couldn't do it. Also, the only game I saw in stock for this deal was SM 64 DS and M&L:PiT (they were out of regular DS systems).

Posted Image

#115 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:05 PM

I used two of the $10 off coupons yesterday (2/20) at Best Buy, Memorial Road, Oklahoma City. I used the scans from this site, the ones WITH "No Photo Copies" and everything went smoothly.

Chibi Robo
Drill Dozer

$65.00 ($59.98 + $5.02 tax) Out the Door!

This is probably the 5th or 6th time I have used these coupons.

#116 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:54 AM

I used two of the $10 off coupons yesterday (2/20) at Best Buy, Memorial Road, Oklahoma City. I used the scans from this site, the ones WITH "No Photo Copies" and everything went smoothly.

Chibi Robo
Drill Dozer

$65.00 ($59.98 + $5.02 tax) Out the Door!

This is probably the 5th or 6th time I have used these coupons.

They're usually pretty hardcore about not taking expired coupons. I'll have to see if I can pick up the castlevania double pack since I didn't snatch it before the coupon expired.

Posted Image

#117 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:38 PM

The Double Pack was gone at that Best Buy when I was there.

#118 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:28 AM

what's on that double pack?

#119 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:09 AM

what's on that double pack?

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. For some reason, I never got around to purchasing either one so this is a great deal for me. Especially if I am able to use the $10 coupon (and $5 credit and $10 rewards coupon).

Posted Image

#120 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:25 AM

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. For some reason, I never got around to purchasing either one so this is a great deal for me. Especially if I am able to use the $10 coupon (and $5 credit and $10 rewards coupon).

I don't think you can stack coupons, but no harm in trying.