Oklahoma

• Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#211 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:04 AM

Hastings doesn't have deals. They never mark down anything, ever.

I have lived here 10 years and not once has Hastings marked down a game.

#212 duffclown70

duffclown70

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

^^When the PS2 first came out, the one I went to had Tekken Tag and Kessen for $9.99

Too bad it only worked once. :p

I wish that the claim was true. I have been looking for a MS deal for quite awhile now

#213 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

Pops,they're just like us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:14 PM

hey, I'm just reporting what someone else did on the main vg thread.. They do have, on occasion, a few decent price drops and used game offers.. I dunno... I like their selection of campy/rpg titles...

In any event, I usually just check when I'm renting movies(cheaper than Blockbuster) or looking for a book... you never know when a copy of rez will just show up.. they also usually have a message board that has upcoming concerts in okc, e.g, poison and cinderella as well as huey lewis and chicago... ok, so maybe some concerts you just don't go to.. but they usually post them all...
"I'd mow down that hip crowd before I'd give up my toasted cheese sandwich"

#214 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:14 AM

no change in the prices as of today, still at 15%.. a few less of them, though.. all of the xbox titles seemed to be gone, and most if not all of the poker games are gone.. I might guess whatever is left over will hit $7.48 this time next week.

#215 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

This forum's been quiet for awhile so thought I'd post a little something...

Best Buy on Penn and Memorial has the Tomb Raider Legend faceplate STICKERS for $0.01. Of course, this isn't an actual face plate, just a big sticker that goes across your existing faceplate. Plenty to be had.

Same location also had several Full Auto faceplates at $4.99 each.

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#216 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:16 AM

Yup, quiet.

All work and no play for me.

School is still less fun than work though.

#217 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:07 AM

anyway for anyone interested, picked up a DS Lite this afternoon from the super target in edmond, ok at 2nd and bryant...quail springs was a no go, as they said they weren't allowed to sell them until june 11...edmond store had them sitting in the case right next to the other games

on another note is anyone finding the d-pad a little janky...i know it isn't just my unit because the demos at best buy and target had the same feeling...kinda loose...feel like if you are pushing right, could easily have some up or down action also....

#218 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:18 PM

have not looked for DS lite. I'll pick one up eventually since I gave my DS to my mom for mother's day.

#219 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:41 AM

Alright, I had it with these magazines.

Is there anyone in Oklahoma that wants them?

I will be going to the city (Tulsa or OKC) on Sunday (maybe, but doubtful Saturday) and I am willing to give them away for free or small compensation (maybe a Diet Coke or 2 for the ride home? Or Meteos!!!).

#220 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

Just found this out. Today is the last day, but Hastings has all used DVD's and games at 30% off.

Posted Image

#221 duffclown70

duffclown70

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:48 PM

^^Some GREAT deals to be had there. They had History of Violence, Capote, Good Night Good Luck, and Squid and the Whale all $7 a piece. Thing is, they are marked used, but they haven't even been used!! Clean disc and a perfect condition case.

#222 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:46 AM

I almost picked up The Warriors for XBox while I was in Hastings today. Now I'm glad I waited, as they'll have Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition with The Warriors for Free for $15.99. SWEET!

Posted Image

#223 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:05 PM

didn't catch this until today. I have not seen all that much at Hastings or Target recently.. a few cheap games, but nothing that really stands out at either location in Norman. No good auctions in the area either... most of the classified ads for video games/arcade games have been poor as well.... I'll probably be selling a few game systems at my garage sale, though, if and when I do have it... heh.

#224 Duffclown65

Duffclown65

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

I got the last Advance Wards DS at the NW Expressway Circuit City, so look elsewhere if that's on your list...

#225 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:14 PM

Not all that much at Target in Norman as of yesterday. A few copies of Madden 2005 for PS2 (2005, not 2006) for $14.95 or something like that. Maybe if it dropped to $4.98 it would be worth it, but it has been a long time since I've seen a game at this target for under $5.

#226 AdamInPlaidum

AdamInPlaidum

Wii will rock you.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:29 PM

Myself and a couple of friends absolutely looted the GBA/DS selection in both Tulsa CCs, but if your interests lie with PS2/Xbox, they still had a lot of good stuff at the one in Southroads Mall.
Currently playing: Viewtiful Joe (DS), Trace Memory (DS), Pokemon Emerald (GBA), Astro Boy (GBA)

#227 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:34 AM

yeah, but the gas alone to drive there would defeat the purpose in going. Anything you can think of off hand that they did have? I'm still interested in finding a cheap Meteos...

As for Norman's Hastings, they did have a newly filled 75% off bin with mostly XB and PS2 EA sports titles for about $5 each... Madden, Fifa, NBA Street games, etc. a few other accessories like some GC controllers, etc.

#228 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:09 AM

I'm from Broken Arrow we have a a blockbuster,gamecrazy,bestbuy and, gamexchange but yeah so.... :booty:

I'm from BA as well!!

#229 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:34 PM

I'm from BA as well!!

Than you are posting in the right thread. Welcome!

Posted Image

#230 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:39 PM

Thanks! So anybody been to the CC on 41st? I went to the one on 71st monday and they were pretty much cleaned up on $9 games. I'm hoping this sale that actually starts tommorrow has some pictured games in the CC ad, cause if they are, I'm invading Wal-mart.

#231 CorporalJackson

CorporalJackson

The real Banana boy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:48 PM

Thanks! So anybody been to the CC on 41st? I went to the one on 71st monday and they were pretty much cleaned up on $9 games. I'm hoping this sale that actually starts tommorrow has some pictured games in the CC ad, cause if they are, I'm invading Wal-mart.

71st never has anything but 41st is loaded its kinda junkie and I think I witnessed a murder wile I was there :cold:
:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

#232 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:53 AM

Bah! Stillwater sucks.

For retail that is. Otherwise, I'm happy. Not worth the trip.

#233 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:57 AM

71st never has anything but 41st is loaded its kinda junkie and I think I witnessed a murder wile I was there :cold:

lol. Do you mean $9 junk or just junk in general?

Does any body know where I can find some cases for my DS games, I saw some at a CC in Texas when I visited my relatives a month ago, but I didn't have five bucks. :cry:

Oh and the Sears in Woodland had some cheap DS games, I got Pac-Pix for $5. They also had the phat DS charger for $3. I didn't get to see anything else because I had to leave, but I just thought I'd let ya guys know.

Also, dont bother with the EB 5 day sale - it's all crap.

#234 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

Target in Norman looked a bit reloaded as of yesterday. Most of the games were still $9.99+, but a few more GC and PS2 titles.. almost all of the games were GH/PC type titles. Saw about 3 copies each of Fight Night, Ace Combat 4, I believe.

#235 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:55 AM

Going to the city tomorrow. Tell me if I should go to Tulsa or OKC for the better deals and where. Wouldn't mind picking up a cheap Advance Wars DS.

#236 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:21 AM

no clue, but keep us informed with what you find... and where

#237 Veritas1204

Veritas1204

Why? Because I said so.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:32 AM

Hey guys (and girls?),

I'm new here, and posting from Okc. I saw the thread and thought I would check it out. If you don't mind, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the most for my PS2 console w/ memory card, 2 controllers, and 3 games.
GS is a rip.

But you all knew that.

Thanks guys (and girls)

V

#238 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:34 PM

Hey guys (and girls?),

I'm new here, and posting from Okc. I saw the thread and thought I would check it out. If you don't mind, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the most for my PS2 console w/ memory card, 2 controllers, and 3 games...

Always nice to see another CAG in the OK. I would try Wherehouse music. According to the CAG WIKI (http://wiki.cheapass...Trade_in_values) the slim system is getting $90 there. I would also check the WIKI for the best trade in value for the games as the prices fluctuate from store to store. I know you're not a fan of GS, but EB/GS has a trade 3 get an extra 10$ promotion going on until 7/25. Something to think about.

Posted Image

#239 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:38 AM

The CC on 41st and yale in Tulsa had about 30 games TOTAL left from the 8.96 sale. I picked up Madden 05 on DS, it was the only DS game left with about 5 copies. Most were xbox games.

#240 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:25 PM

Hey guys (and girls?),

I'm new here, and posting from Okc. I saw the thread and thought I would check it out. If you don't mind, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the most for my PS2 console w/ memory card, 2 controllers, and 3 games.
GS is a rip.

But you all knew that.

Thanks guys (and girls)

V

Well, another option to keep in mind is you could go to a site like www.gametz.com, the Game Trading Zone... It'll be tough as a brand new user to sell your system until you build up some trades and trust, but it is good for future reference, especially if you are not a heavy eBay user... It offers a decent chance to find someone willing to swap/trade games as well as buy games, etc.. There are fewer registered users than CAG (GTZ has ballpark 10,000 as opposed to 60,000+ on CAG), but the general and trading forums on GTZ are far more active IMOP.

I'd still wonder if Ebay wasn't the best option... it looks like stock photo-old-style non-slim line PS2 systems are selling for $60+ with about $20 tacked on to that for shipping... I dunno what GS offers, but that seems decent if you have such an account.