ROBOCOP for Xbox (New) $4.99 at EB B&M

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 DriftChamp

DriftChamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:12 AM

I just bought one at my local EB today (B&M only). It's probably just a temporary price drop, because the preowned version is still selling for $14.99 there.

#2 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:29 AM

I saw it for that price a few days ago as well, I was tempted to pick it up until I saw the average review score on Gamerankings is a 32.8%. Might be worth $5 though.

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 05:03 AM

im not one to pass judgement too often, but please, save your 5 bucks, dont get it. It really *is* that bad. No bad in the sense that it's a bad game, bad in the sense that it's an incomplete, buggy, bad game. I'm not sure if they released it too early or what. From what I can tell, they managed to secure the licence and just ran with it and this was the result.

#4 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 27 January 2004 - 05:05 AM

What a disappointment.
I'm a big Robocop fan...
Oh, well, its back to the MAME arcade game...

#5 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 05:33 AM

I would only buy this game, if it was brand new factory sealed and under $1. I would only want it for the game case!...

#6 schu

schu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:51 AM

only problem is that the shipping costs as much as the game

#7 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:08 AM

B&M means "brick & mortar" so...there's no shipping...cos, you're buying the game in store.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#8 Gojtron

Gojtron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 08:03 AM

Meh, $5 bucks for a trade in 4 for 1 isn't bad.
Posted Image

#9 ft

ft

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:59 PM

Might vary store to store- my local EB has them for $14.99 new or used.

#10 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:36 PM

Chances are that the price sticker is wrong. Since unless they raised the price up to $14.99, it should be $5 in all stores.

#11 evilmax17

evilmax17

Yardsaling CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:38 PM

Chances are that the price sticker is wrong. Since unless they raised the price up to $14.99, it should be $5 in all stores.

Eh, in my experience EB has been more of a YMMV store. I have 2 EB's within 5 minutes of eachother, and they're prices are always varying (especially on clearence items).
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:48 PM

Well, I picked this up at EB about a week ago for $9.99, and I'm heading back by there again tonight, so I'll see if they have dropped the price there.

EDIT: Well, I went to EB, but they were all out of Robocop so I couldn't confirm the price there.

#13 DriftChamp

DriftChamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:53 PM

YoshiFan1 is right. The price should be the same at all EB stores. Some stores don't updated the price stickers on the games as often as other stores, but the games should all ring up at the same price. I believe that the prices at EB are set at corporate, so they should be the same at all EB stores.

#14 JimmieMac

JimmieMac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:57 PM

If this site has taught any one anything it's that you should buy the 5 dollar games, no matter how shitty, to trade in at a later date for a brand new game like the Ninja Gaiden and NFL Street deals.

#15 redgopher

redgopher

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:57 PM

Half man.
Half machine.
All cop.

Why was this cool?

#16 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 10:05 PM

ED-209. 'nuff said.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#17 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2004 - 11:00 PM

"DICK, you're FIRED!"
"Thank you." *blam blam*

Man, who DOESN'T love Robocop!?

#18 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:33 AM

Some Ebgames don't update the Price sticker cuz is take them forever to do it. If you seem the Price on the Ebgames.com is cheap then call your local Ebgames store to double check makesure is the same PRICE with ebgames.com. (Work like CHARM).

Also, If you see the game sticker is $9.99 clearance but the computer price is $19.99 or MORE They will honor $9.99 w/o any Hassle :)

That's the Reason why I shopped Ebgames store often compare to Gamestop :)

1. Cheap Price & Trade-in 3/4 games for FREE
game ;)

2. Buy 2 get 1 FRee plus 10% Discount (Pre-Owed)

3. The Clerk alwayz welcome & very friendly

#19 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:38 AM

Also, If you see the game sticker is $9.99 clearance but the computer price is $19.99 or MORE They will honor $9.99 w/o any Hassle :)

I tried to buy Harry Potter for Gamecube a few weeks ago. It was $9.99 and I had the $5 off winter sale coupon. The worker says my total is $26.49. I said, I thought the game was $9.99 and the worker said the sticker price is wrong and it's $29.99 now and says sorry :roll: . I guess I could have argued that because the game was tagged at that price, they had to honor it but I just didn't feel like arguing over a game I really didn't want that much.

#20 Theenternal

Theenternal

CAG got me pregnant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2004 - 02:34 PM

Dead or Alive your comming with me!

I got this game for free, and I havn't even played it.. I wonder how crappy it really is.
Posted Image
http://www.grapplemo...yevtakayama.gif

Removed IMG tags due to sig guideline violations.