PSP: NBA Live 2006, SIMS 2 (preorder), Marvel Nemesis $29.99 each + tax jcpenney.com

imacheapasstoo

CAGiversary!
Hi all,

Jcpenney.com has a few PSP games marked down from $39.99 to $29.99:

Marvel Nemesis
NBA Live 2006
Sims 2 (pre-order, to be shipped around 11/18 according to jcpenney's web site)

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Produc...All=True&RefPageName=&RefCatID=0&RefDeptID=0

Use coupon code 40BSOTA to get free shipping. That code saved me $6.95. Supposedly you can use code HOLIDAY for $5.00 off, but I didn't try that one as the first code was worth more $ to me. I do not think the codes are stackable, but I was able to use the same free shipping code on mutiple orders.

There were also some other game discounts but nothing else struck me as worth mentioning here.

Have the order shipped to a local JCPenney for pickup. Shipping is $4.50. You save more then using the $5 off coupon then getting free shipping.

[quote name='elwood731']Have the order shipped to a local JCPenney for pickup. Shipping is $4.50. You save more then using the $5 off coupon then getting free shipping.[/QUOTE]

That depends on your total purchase price. Shipping to both your home and a local store increase as your purchase price increases:

Purch. Total ---------- Home Delivery---------------Store Delivery
===============================================
UP to $25 --------------- $5.95 ------------------------- $4.50
$25.01-$40--------------$6.95 ------------------------- $5.95

I didn't put the rest of the shipping costs above but they're at the jcpenney.com site.

So for me I wouldn't have benefitted from using the $5 off code. Each of the PSP games is over $25.

lol what is up with these prices? Marvel Nemesis is usually $50 for PSP (they say $40), and they are charging 54.99 for some of their PSP games like THUG 2 Remix.

Might PM this to Circuit City since they do online prices for local stores... but I don't know if Marvel Nemesis is worth 25 bucks after the 110%.

OP, how did you come across this deal? Just curious as to how someone find a games deal on JCPenney's website :lol:

[quote name='imacheapasstoo']That depends on your total purchase price. Shipping to both your home and a local store increase as your purchase price increases:

Purch. Total ---------- Home Delivery---------------Store Delivery
===============================================
UP to $25 --------------- $5.95 ------------------------- $4.50
$25.01-$40--------------$6.95 ------------------------- $5.95

I didn't put the rest of the shipping costs above but they're at the jcpenney.com site.

So for me I wouldn't have benefitted from using the $5 off code. Each of the PSP games is over $25.[/QUOTE]
Not if you order one of the $29.99 games, as they take the $5 off first before calculating shipping. So indeed, you get $4.50 shipping. I even tried an order this way. Though you are correct if you order more than one title or a more expensive one.

[quote name='elwood731']Not if you order one of the $29.99 games, as they take the $5 off first before calculating shipping. So indeed, you get $4.50 shipping. I even tried an order this way. Though you are correct if you order more than one title or a more expensive one.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, thanks for clarifying. Had I been that observant prior to ordering, I probably still would have had it delivered to my house since I'm too lazy to walk to JcPenney for 50 cents. :whistle2:D

To answer the previous question asked by Roufuss, I found it by froogling (froogle.com) for the PSP version of "The Sims 2." Until today I didn't even know JcPenney sold video games.

[quote name='imacheapasstoo']Oooh, thanks for clarifying. Had I been that observant prior to ordering, I probably still would have had it delivered to my house since I'm too lazy to walk to JcPenney for 50 cents. :whistle2:D.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it really isn't a big deal, but if you're a TRUE Cheap Ass ;) Also, not a bad deal if you're already headed to the mall to just stop by and pick it up (as most are in malls). Otherwise, the deal is about equal either way.

These deals are killing my wallet. I just picked up NBA 06 last week from play-asia for 15 and now i just ordered NBA Live 06.

bread's done
Back