Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 360 display at Yodobashi Akihabara, Tokyo - Cue the tumbleweeds (56k warning)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 greendj27

greendj27

MMMMMM....Turkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:26 PM

Quick, buy all the xbox 360s and start selling them on ebay, Cheapy!

#32 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:43 PM

I can read Hirgana & Katakana, but not kanji.
Of course reading isn't the same as understanding.

I've been trying to learn for what seems like forever... any tips on how to pick it up? :)

#33 alonzomourning23

alonzomourning23

all my heroes are dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:42 PM

Why are they selling u.s. xbox games there? Or do they just look identical?

I really don't even know why Microsoft bother with Japan. I think its the combination of their loyalty to Sony and Nintendo, and the lack of games that aim at the mainstream of japan, that pretty much have already put the 360 in 3rd place for the next gen. Although, it WILL be quite interesting since Squarenix has (or so they say) formed such a strong partnership with Microsoft for the 360...

They need the developers. Without the japanese developers they are going to have a very difficult time of becoming dominant.
My guide/game tradelist - Free guides (just pay shipping), updated May, 17th, 2006

What CAG'ers have to say about alonzomourning23:

Pittsburghafterdark- "representative of liberalism as a mental disorder"
Bmulligan- "nancyboy", "college bumpkin"
Camoor- "happy-head weenie", "morally bankrupt"

#34 Eviltude

Eviltude

Steam Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:37 PM

lol, Call of Duty and the first Brothers in Arms. No wonder it's barren (Not saying they're bad games, but FPS games aren't big in Japan as we all know, plus those are old).

LOL Not to mention they are WW2 games, we all remember what happened there, eh? Not 2000 bombs, not 200 bombs...not even 20 bombs >_>....
Posted Image

#35 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 09:49 PM

:rofl: Ouch! Come on you guys (Japanese people, not people here), the 360 is a decent console... it's a taste of what's come, at least look at the packaging!:lol:

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#36 humidore

humidore

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:02 PM

I think when you entered the country, the Xbox owning community went up by 50% (hey, you're tall right?)...

#37 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:04 PM

Was this taken early in the morning? I understand the Xbox and Microsoft struggle with their Japanese sales but I'm really surprised that on launch there are barely any people there.

That big banner hanging from the ceiling? The one that says "12月10日(something)に発表"? That essentially means "coming December 10," which is when their launch is.

Worldwide launch doesn't mean that it will come out on the exact day, but I guess it's easy to be confused by that. In short, it's not launch day for them just yet. If it were, there might be one somewhat melancholy looking boy poking at the 360 with mild disinterest, which, to MS' benefit, is one more disinteresting child than there was prior to launch. :lol:
Posted Image

#38 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:57 PM

Did they start the buy a 360 and get every game free promo yet?

#39 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:11 AM

lol, Call of Duty and the first Brothers in Arms. No wonder it's barren (Not saying they're bad games, but FPS games aren't big in Japan as we all know, plus those are old).

Hmm, let's make a videogame and market it in a country where this war was a horrible loss for the country and led to one of the greatest tragedies in the country's history.

Yeah, that's brilliant. Let's port over Rising Sun and Battles of the Pacific while we're at it. That'll move systems!

#40 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:19 AM

Hmm, let's make a videogame and market it in a country where this war was a horrible loss for the country and led to one of the greatest tragedies in the country's history.

Yeah, that's brilliant. Let's port over Rising Sun and Battles of the Pacific while we're at it. That'll move systems!

I've never quite understood that, either. That's like someone here making a game where you bomb Pearl Harbor or someone flies into the WTC.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#41 daschrier

daschrier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:24 AM

That's bigger than the game cube sections in most places I see here...
Posted Image

#42 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:28 AM

That's bigger than the game cube sections in most places I see here...

You're comparing apples to oranges. From the way CheapyD is explaining this, this is a very large store with an excess of floorspace.. comparing that to your look shoebox floorset EB or Gamestop doesn't mesh.

If you look at places large superstores around here, just about every platform has far more space dedicated too it.... including the handhelds. (Not even counting the PSP's UMD movies)

#43 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:28 AM

This isn't just a large store, it could be the largest electronics store in Asia.
They had 3.5 million visitors in their first month! :shock:

#44 Starwishi

Starwishi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:20 AM

As far as I knew Japan despised the Xbox and anything that had to do with it.

Posted Image

#45 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:44 AM

How can Japanese people not care about such a new awesome console? God are they ignorant or what?

#46 alonzomourning23

alonzomourning23

all my heroes are dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:01 AM

How can Japanese people not care about such a new awesome console? God are they ignorant or what?

Maybe it doesn't interest them? It doesn't really interest me, other than possible ebay profit.
My guide/game tradelist - Free guides (just pay shipping), updated May, 17th, 2006

What CAG'ers have to say about alonzomourning23:

Pittsburghafterdark- "representative of liberalism as a mental disorder"
Bmulligan- "nancyboy", "college bumpkin"
Camoor- "happy-head weenie", "morally bankrupt"

#47 Noodle Pirate!

Noodle Pirate!

My Cat > Your Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:08 AM

They need to hire a tall bald gaijin to wear a funny costume and parade outside their store saying wacky gaijin phrases to promote xbox sales.
:whee:Check out my Tradelist for tons of games! Updated 11/21/08
Rares/Imports!! - GB/GBA/DS ~ PS1/PS2/PSP ~ Saturn/Dreamcast ~ Xbox/Xbox360 ~ PC Games ~Promo stuff
Comics/Manga/RPG Books/Posters/Trading cards/CCGs ~ DVDs/VCDs/LDs ~ Hong Kong Movies

Posted Image

#48 Starwishi

Starwishi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2005 - 04:59 AM

Maybe it doesn't interest them? It doesn't really interest me, other than possible ebay profit.

ditto.

Posted Image

#49 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:30 PM

What amazes me is that MS is still going to launch Dec 10th in Japan even though there doesn't seem to be much, if any, demand for the system. Reminds me of the first Xbox launch. The numbers back then were laughable. I don't see there being much of a difference this time around.

MS should have kept the 360 stock stateside until they were truly ready to launch in Japan the same way the Japanese companies make the US and Europe wait.

Posted Image

#50 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:32 PM

HA, it looks almost as though they took the TV that came with the xbox 360 display and instead of setting it up just attached it to the regular xbox.

#51 ne2eire

ne2eire

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:13 PM

xbox is a pretty dumb name

#52 greendj27

greendj27

MMMMMM....Turkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:50 PM

xbox is a pretty dumb name

Wow, thank you for that very enlightening comment.

#53 nwaugh

nwaugh

thread killa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:34 AM

The last great turned based RPG was FFVII.

I'd say the last great RPG was FFVI. The last real innovation in an RPG, though, was in Dragon Quest I.

#54 praystation

praystation

He@d Cheap Arse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:38 AM

OT: Levitation? THIS is the real levitation: http://videos.timeki..._Levitation.htm
Posted Image