Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble (NDS) $29.99 at BestBuy

roachie17

CAGiversary!
I just got back from Best Buy and they have the newly released Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble for the Nintendo DS for $29.99. This game is $39.99 everywhere else. Also if you use a GCC, it would only be $24.99 ($15 off list price).

Looks like its out a week early and $10 off. Nice. Don't forget about the $5 off coupon in the nrewest Nintendo Power

[quote name='gizmogc']Looks like its out a week early and $10 off. Nice. Don't forget about the $5 off coupon in the nrewest Nintendo Power[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks i didnt even see that on the Mario Kart DS Advertisment in NP. :)

[quote name='Requiem']is it possible to scan and print out the NP coupon? do they accept that[/QUOTE]
There's a scan of it in this thread, but I'm not sure if Best Buy accepts scans. It's probably YMMV on that.

I'm planning to try it out next week on Mario Kart (and maybe VJ), so I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks, I've been looking forward to this game. 24.99 after the coupon seems like a great deal right off the bat. Thanks, OP.

I got Castlevania (online) for $25 while back thought is very good deal. i'll hit BB today or tomorrow to pickup this $ucker b4 the price went up! :)

Thanks for FYI !

[quote name='wampa8jedi']That's a pretty sweet deal--that's the second time a $39.99 game has released at BB for $29.99 (Lunar was the other one).[/QUOTE]

Lunar was and still is a 29.99 game.

Great find, OP! The price is good online, too.

Was going to pick this title up elsewhere for $38, shipped, but BB's is by far the cheapest atm.

Thanks for saving me some $...

Bah, my BB has it in the back and both the employees I asked wouldn't bring it out, said they'e not supposed to sell it before the release date.

Picked up the last copy at my local BB. It was out on the floor, but there was no shelf tab for it (No price on the game either).

Seems like no one else is having trouble getting employees to bring a copy out, or there's copies on the shelves. I'm jealous, looks like I'll have to wait until Friday to pick it up (since that's the date @ the BB website).

In my past experiences, I had to ask for recent DS titles cause I don't think they stock the area very well. I had to ask them for Wario Ware, Meteos, and Trauma Center. Meteos had been out for a couple weeks and it still was in the back.

[quote name='CouRageouS']In my past experiences, I had to ask for recent DS titles cause I don't think they stock the area very well. I had to ask them for Wario Ware, Meteos, and Trauma Center. Meteos had been out for a couple weeks and it still was in the back.[/QUOTE]

I asked 2 different employees to grab one out of the back, neither would oblige :cry:

And it sucks because the Gamestop I work at got copies in on Thursday, and I know it's already on the shelves, but I'd rather save $15 and get it at BB.

As far as them stocking DS games, that's definitely true. IIRC, Castlevania was out at least a week before I saw it on the shelves. Although for that game I got lucky and an employee grabbed one from the back.

Is VJ: DT $29.99 YMMV deal or is it at every store?

I went to BB yesterday and they didn't have VJ: DT. Today I was talking to my friend who works at BB and I asked him if they had the game instock and he said they were in the back. So I'll check tomorrow. I also hope the store gets their copies of MK:DS a day early. :)

[quote name='gizmogc']At Best Buy. Every other store has it listed as $39.99.[/QUOTE]

it's MSRP is 29.99...every other store is just marking it up. You can even order from ubisoft directly for 29.99 with free shipping.

OMG! liek oobeesoft d1dn7 m@k3 VJ DT!

lol joking. I know you meant Capcom. And thanks for the heads up on the price of VJ DT. I'll pick it up tomorrow at Best Buy for $25 (+ tax).

Thanks OP. Picked up VJ:DT for $25 after GGC. I got the last copy on the shelf, though after talking to the BB guy, he said he had more in the back.

On a different note, he also mentioned that Guitar Hero was selling very well, which was good news. Harmonix and RedOctane deserve to have a hit for such a great game.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']OMG! liek oobeesoft d1dn7 m@k3 VJ DT!

lol joking. I know you meant Capcom. And thanks for the heads up on the price of VJ DT. I'll pick it up tomorrow at Best Buy for $25 (+ tax).[/QUOTE]

it was in reference to gizmogc saying lunar also costs 39.99.

[quote name='Dingleberry']it was in reference to gizmogc saying lunar also costs 39.99.[/QUOTE]

No, you are incorrect. So you're telling me Target, K-mart, Wal-Mart, Amazon.com, Buy.com, Toys R US, EB, GameStop, Game Crazy, and Game Rush all just happen to sell this game for $10 over the normal retail of DS games just to 'mark it up'? Ubi-Soft may sell it directly for $29.99, but that does not mean its the MSRP of it. I find it hard to beleive nearly every other store that sells videogames all decided to mark this one single title up $10.

Even at Capcom official site it's marked at $40. This BB deal is great for anybody who wants to pick up the game now.

Don't expect this stay cheap at BB forever either. Castlevania DS was cheap originally at BB, then later went up to $35 like everywhere else.

[quote name='D. Monic']Don't expect this stay cheap at BB forever either. Castlevania DS was cheap originally at BB, then later went up to $35 like everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

What was the price of that originally?

DoS has always been $35 at my BB's and local stores. The only games with a difference in price has been Lunar and this.

Went back last night to BB and got a different employee to grab a copy from the back, but they had to walk it up to the counter for me since it wasnt in one of those lockboxes. Thanks op!

Wait...VJ: DT is $39.99 everywhere?

If it is, I'll have to pick up VJ: DT for $29.99 (+ tax and -$5 off coupon) today at Best Buy. I'm a cheap@$$. Let me know right now everyone!

P.S.: Tomorrow I'll buy Mario Kart DS!

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Wait...VJ: DT is $39.99 everywhere?

If it is, I'll have to pick up VJ: DT for $29.99 (+ tax and -$5 off coupon) today at Best Buy. I'm a cheap@$$. Let me know right now everyone!

P.S.: Tomorrow I'll buy Mario Kart DS![/QUOTE]

Yes, hence this ENTIRE thread :)
And Mario Kart is shipping tomorrow...may or may not be available for purchase.

I'd just like to add that I purchased Castlevania: DOS on the date of release and it was 34.99 for me too.

Thanks for the original post, though. 29.99 plus a coupon is a buy for me. 39.99 is outrageous and was a no-buy for me.

Thanks OP! I picked up VJ for the DS today for $24.99 with the Nintendo Power $5 off coupon from the other thread.

[quote name='gizmogc']DoS has always been $35 at my BB's and local stores. The only games with a difference in price has been Lunar and this.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I was referring to this old thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52205&highlight=castlevania+dawn

I'm still kicking myself for not pre-ordering DoS back in the day. I wasn't gonna let that happen again with VJ. Yeah, the two situations aren't exact mirror images (unlike VJ, the cheap DoS never made it to B&M; just online pre-orders), but still, I'm not taking any chances that Best Buy will suddenly bring their pricing for VJ back in line with what everyone else is charging.

So getting back to the point of my earlier post: if you want VJ for $25, I wouldn't hesitate.

Cool, after wavering back and forth prior to seeing the reviews, I'm finally stoked to get this title. Looks like BB.com sent this to me via UPS this time even though I selected value shipping, so huzzah!, I may actually get to play the game this week! :applause:

So Best Buy has this? my best buy still doesn't have it and it even still shows pre-order on the website. So I assumed they just hadn't gotten it yet, even though I've seen it at Gamestop.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']So Best Buy has this? my best buy still doesn't have it and it even still shows pre-order on the website. So I assumed they just hadn't gotten it yet, even though I've seen it at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I think the official national release date was this week (15th or 18th), with only Gamestop/EB selling them early last week. Other CAGs report their BBs as having them in the back and not on the shelf, so that might be true for yours, too.

Mine was shipped out yesterday via online.

Oh this pisses me off, they jumped the price on the website to 39.99.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7189749&type=product&id=1113534513059

Well I've gone to my store 5 times in the last week and they claim they have 4 copies in stock but it's not on the shelves or in the back and they don't know where the games are. So now I'm screwed on $10.

Do you think I could talk to a manager or something to get them to honor the old price? It's their own damn fault.

I'm just having fan-fucking-tastic luck lately. I just got (well, potentially) screwed on an Ebay auction too for a $40 game from a seller with over 900 feedback 99.9%, or at least he was until a few days after I purchased a game from him. Now 15 different users have given him negative for keeping their money and not sending the game!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74226

[quote name='D. Monic']Don't expect this stay cheap at BB forever either. Castlevania DS was cheap originally at BB, then later went up to $35 like everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, because I didn't expect it to last forever. Only enough time to actually be able to purchase the game. But instead they @#%$*$! tell me the game isn't in and then raise the price.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Bah, my BB has it in the back and both the employees I asked wouldn't bring it out, said they'e not supposed to sell it before the release date.[/QUOTE]

Hope you got your copy by now, if not you're screwed.

That's funny, because I didn't expect it to last forever. Only enough time to actually be able to purchase the game. But instead they @#%$*$! tell me the game isn't in and then raise the price.

[quote name='gunm']I think the official national release date was this week (15th or 18th), with only Gamestop/EB selling them early last week. Other CAGs report their BBs as having them in the back and not on the shelf, so that might be true for yours, too.[/QUOTE]
My first inclination when this thread appeared was that Best Buy was screwing up and selling it early, since the EB web site listed the release date as 11/18. So I'm thinking, it was probably just one store's mistake and mine won't have them on the shelf. Well, mine had it so I nabbed it.

After leaving Best Buy that day, I immediately stopped at Target and they had it on the shelf too (full price). I'm not sure what's up with the release date, but Capcom obviously ended up confusing retailers, with some thinking they could sell it right away and others thinking they should wait to the pre-conceived release date.

In hindsight, I'm guessing Capcom shipped early and meant for them to be put on the shelves right away. If you're a game publisher and your game's release date is in November or December, this is probably not the time of year when you want your product sitting in the back for a week before stores sell it.

I knew the price wouldn't last, so again I thank the OP for noticing and telling us as soon as possible. It sounds like a fair number of CAGers were able to score cheap copies of this great game. But I'm sorry to hear about those who actually went to best buy to get it, only to be denied by dumbass employees. That sucks and you deserved better.

bread's done
Back