Plenty of Xbox 360s available for pre-order at TRU - Less than $10 down & no bundles!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Kameido, Tokyo
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

EDIT: Added display case pic...Xbox 360 getting prime placement!
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I was going to photograph the Xbox section but they don't have one!

360tru.jpg
xboxcasetru.jpg

[quote name='imamario02']are you picking one up at launch over there?[/QUOTE]
If the games weren't region encoded (they are) and the menus could be switched to English, I would consider it. Frankly, I see no reason to rush. It would take a miracle for these to sell out here.

So is 1 Yen like a penny? I was wondering that when you posted all those other pics of Japanese stuff with prices visible.

[quote name='$hady']So is 1 Yen like a penny? I was wondering that when you posted all those other pics of Japanese stuff with prices visible.[/QUOTE]

Yep that would make sense since 1,000 yen equals $10 US. $10 US equals 1,000 pennies US. :) Im just busting your balls.

[quote name='CheapyD']If the games weren't region encoded (they are) and the menus could be switched to English, I would consider it. Frankly, I see no reason to rush. It would take a miracle for these to sell out here.[/QUOTE]

Might as well wait for that price drop in January :lol:

THOSE COUPONS! I remember those things. They took those out at my local Toys R Us. It was always a hassle to take the coupon up to the person that was working there and ask them if they could get the game for you, then you would have to check out at another register in the store. People would switch the coupons around and if a game ran out of coupons there could be at least one more hiding around.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yep that would make sense since 1,000 yen equals $10 US. $10 US equals 1,000 pennies US. :) Im just busting your balls.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for doing the math for me sweetheart! That really was very kind of you. Now lets talk about me and you getting to know each other a little better, I like it when you bust my balls. :drool:

[quote name='$hady']Thank you for doing the math for me sweetheart! That really was very kind of you. Now lets talk about me and you getting to know each other a little better, I like it when you bust my balls. :drool:[/QUOTE]

You really do like the Buttseckz don't you. :::scared smiley::: I have no idea how to do smilies besides this one :) lol

well if anyone cares MS is releasing some winter 3rd anniversay bundle of Xbox in Hong Kong
HK$1,199 with MechAssault 2:Lone Wolf and Forza or Jade Emipre and PGR2.
pay extra $79 and get Fatal Frame 2, Prince of Persia 2:Warrior Within, or Phantom Dust.

Whaddya expect, Japanese people are extremely nationalistic when it comes to Video games because it's one of thier own things. Plus they got different tastes, just watch Japanese Television and Commercials. Wow....

[quote name='Technique']THOSE COUPONS! I remember those things. They took those out at my local Toys R Us. It was always a hassle to take the coupon up to the person that was working there and ask them if they could get the game for you, then you would have to check out at another register in the store. People would switch the coupons around and if a game ran out of coupons there could be at least one more hiding around.[/QUOTE]

I remember my mommy buying me Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure with those little slips. My Toys R Us had one room near the register with all the video games, and a big glass window, and I would look in it and think to myself "Man, it would be cool to have all those games!" I was a puffy little kid back then.

Yes, I can still remember the first game I ever picked out. Krazy Ivan for the PS1, long box edition. I still have it to this day. I also remember my first GB game, 007, my first PS2 game Timesplitters. All of these first system titles, I bought at Toys R Us.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Did you give them permission to use that pic? (If you did take it)[/QUOTE]

Well, they quoted an IM message from him, so I'm going to go with yes.

Ah, when I lived with a Japanese family I remember I went to a TRU. They had an awesome video game section if I recall. They had display cases showing off all the consoles and tons of other accessories and such. It was awesome.

CheapyD, you are one fucking cruel dude. :(
I forgot where I heard this, but I hear that the XB360 is region unlocked UNTIL you insert your first game. The first game inserted will determine the region code. This would make hella sense seeing that the Jap systems are keeping the shelves warm for the PS3/Rev launch ;)

Few things are as sad as the Xbox section of a Japanese game parlor. I was there when Steel Battalion launched; needless to say, nobody was buying $200 control/game combos for a system nobody owned.

[quote name='CappyCobra']CheapyD, you are one fucking cruel dude. :(
I forgot where I heard this, but I hear that the XB360 is region unlocked UNTIL you insert your first game. The first game inserted will determine the region code. This would make hella sense seeing that the Jap systems are keeping the shelves warm for the PS3/Rev launch ;)[/QUOTE]

Thats a very interesting rumor, but i dont think i'll volunteer to find out.

[quote name='CheapyD']Added a new picture to the OP...check out the prime placement the xbox 360 receives!

xboxcasetru.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Not just below the ds, but below the MICRO too...

:cold:

Hah, the 360 looks silly in that case. It's like someone threw it in there and didn't care. The DS and micros have little custom pedastals :lol:

[quote name='CheapyD']Added a new picture to the OP...check out the prime placement the xbox 360 receives!

[/QUOTE]

Considering not all Jp are as tall as you Cheapy, I would think this is just about eye level.

ZING!! hehe I kid. I'm a short mofo :( 5'6"

bread's done
Back