Photo
- - - - -

Welcome to the YMIJ Forum...Feedback welcome here!

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#91 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:15 PM

Cheapy, I went to Taiwan a few years back and I really liked Moss Burger. The food was pretty different from what you would expect at typical US fast food joint. I know they're based in Japan. Would you please do a YMIJ video trip to Moss Burger? I think people will get a kick out of how different the food is.

Mos Burger, actually. One of the better fast food joins in Japan, definitely.
Posted Image

#92 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:23 PM

Where's the cucumber pepsi video? Or failing that, what was the reaction/thought?

Posted Image

#93 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

Where's the cucumber pepsi video? Or failing that, what was the reaction/thought?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=141341

#94 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:09 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=141341

:shock: You eat all that for lunch? And on a daily basis? And is it common that consumer products in Japan have both English and Japanese text?

Posted Image

#95 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:12 AM

:shock: You eat all that for lunch? And on a daily basis? And is it common that consumer products in Japan have both English and Japanese text?

Usually when a product tries to sell itself as something "Western," you'll get some English (or Engrish) text somewhere on the packaging. Such products are in the minority, however - maybe 25% or less, and the English is rarely useful.
Posted Image

#96 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:22 AM

Usually when a product tries to sell itself as something "Western," you'll get some English (or Engrish) text somewhere on the packaging. Such products are in the minority, however - maybe 25% or less, and the English is rarely useful.

You mean this isn't useful?
Posted Image

#97 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:15 AM

Wow. Thats all sorts of messed up on there :)

#98 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:38 PM

I love the taste of plan sourness on my frank frutes.

Posted Image

#99 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:40 PM

You mean this isn't useful?
Posted Image

You're right. The next time I'm looking for some plan sour mustard, I'll know what to use.
Posted Image

#100 Strife580

Strife580

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:37 PM

Hey CheapyD, I'm new to this site, I heard from some friends of mine about it but I didn't know there was someone like you in here! I am visiting Japan in like 2 weeks and I will be staying there for a whole month! Maybe we can meet up sometime!

#101 doraemonkerpal

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:54 PM

I love the taste of plan sourness on my frank frutes.

LOL that mustard packet is awesome!

Well, to be honest, it's hard for people to be outraged about something once they know the facts. And it takes more effort to dig up facts than be outraged. ;)

Posted Image "Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf."
:whee: http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/

#102 MRJESUS925

MRJESUS925

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

This is my favorite forum on this website.

Hope to see some more entries like this in your blog when CAG 2.0 debuts, Cheapy.
" If I see you videotaping this movie,
Satan will rain down you throat with hot acid
and dissolve your testicles and turn your guts into snakes!"

#103 langjaikenny

langjaikenny

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:37 PM

This board is exactly what I was looking for. I never really scrolled much farther than "video game deals", but I will be studying abroad in Tokyo next week and I'm going to read everything posted here before I fly off.

#104 lession

lession

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:41 AM

Many foreign tourists may often find traveling in Japan, because only a few people in Japan can speak English. However, Japan is a great country, and the Japanese are wonderful people.
Before you buy your ticket to Japan, you should know that Japan is an expensive place to travel. The cost of living is very high. You should have at least 5,000 yen per day for your pocket money. If you do not have a lot of money, you should use Japan Rail Pass. It is very cheap way to travel.
Food is one of the best things in Japan. Japanese food is incredibly delicious. Since Japan is an island, seafood is the most popular food in this country. When you think about Japanese food, you probably think about sushi. Sushi consists of raw fish and rice.
If you have a chance, you must visit Japanese hot bath. It is not something that you will see in other countries. The Japanese hot bath is called, “ Onsen ”. In some area, people take a bath together in the open area. This is often known as “open sky bath”.
Housing is very expensive in Japan. There are too many people in Japan, and there are not enough apartments. Most Japanese can not afford to own a home. However, travelers may camp at various places in Japan. The camp site is usually safe and cheap. The Capsule hotel is one of these many cheap camp sites.Posted Image

#105 CheapAssRu

CheapAssRu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:36 PM

CHEAPY!!! UPDATE FAQ! PLEASE!!!??!!

I want to visit someday! For some reason I thought it was cheaper to stay there but after reading everything here and from what I have seen I will need to save my $$ before I ever get a chance..

Edited by CheapAssRu, 03 February 2009 - 12:54 PM.

#106 Skv012a

Skv012a

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

Does CheapyD hook us up with limited bundle systems @ JP retail + shipping or not?
Sunday X Vs Ikki Player

#107 LostRoad

LostRoad

I just want to wake up.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:59 AM

Does CheapyD hook us up with limited bundle systems @ JP retail + shipping or not?

He is not your personal shopper.
No matter how good looking she is, some one some where is sick of her shit.

Posted Image

#108 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:11 AM

Man what happened to this place? I need more Lunch with CheapyD!

#109 sguttmann

sguttmann

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

Heard you on the Howard Stern show a few days back. Nice plug! :)

#110 gamegamer

gamegamer

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

It really good to read your about your adventures, CheapyD. Do you have any photographs so that we can take a peek to Japan, virtually

#111 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

By now you must be 100% fluent in Japanese?

#112 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:22 AM

Cheapy -- Quick question for you: is there a Japanese equivalent to TicketMaster?

We're honeymooning in Japan next year and want to see a concert, but aren't sure what the best way to get tickets would be. It's likely to sell out, so we'd need to get them right when they go on sale.

I tried Googling around, but didn't have much luck. Thanks, man.

#113 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:23 AM

Post! Noone posts here anymore! :9

#114 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

o ha yo go za i ma si