South Carolina Roll Call!

Dunno about which state is least represented, but I'm down here in SC, too. We're looking like geniuses right about now, too... 65-degrees along the coast today with a gentle breeze.

Meanwhile, the midwest is getting slammed with snow storms and temps in the teens with everything icing over. Life is too short for that kind of crap. :)

now i know there are some other people from columbia here. when i stopped by circuit city yesterday, the old guy in the entertainment section had a list in CAG font printed out that someone had brought in. awesome that he had it too, because i was able to pick up Karaoke Revolution, Drill Dozer, Gauntlet Seven Sorrows, Nightmare before Christmas, and a couple other things.

anyway, my haul for collection:

Lunar Dragon Song
Castlevania: CoD ps2
Gauntlet SS PS2/xbox (not sure which i'm going to keep, but my xbox's broken)
Darkstalkers
Drill Dozer
Nighmare Before Christmas PS2/gba
Goku I and II
Gun ps2
Indigo Prophecy PS2 (just so i could play it, have it for xbox)
Driver Parallel Lines
We Love Katamari
Marc Eckoe's getting up (sadly not the LE)
NBA Street V 3 NGC
Karaoke Revolution
SSX On Tour
Matrix Path of Neo

sadly all the Tales of Phantasia were gone, as well as the Halo Triple Packs, and FF IV rang up $29.99.

Wow, two Greenville residents! I'm in Orlando now, but will be moving there in September. Can't wait.

Any good game stores in town?

A.

[quote name='Quintox']OK so has anyone found any good deals in Greenville area?[/quote]

Not so much good deals as great trade-in value: I just dropped a load of old GBC and Saturn/Genesis stuff at Video Game Cavern in Taylors and got $127 in credit. I picked up an import copy of Mario 3-on-3 (as they didn’t have any domestics in stock), and I let the rest ride until later. They aren’t exactly top-shelf when it comes to the newest titles, but they seem to do alright for an indie retailer. Plus their retro selection is fan-fuckin’-tastic and you can’t beat the trade-in!

Where in Greenville/Spartanburg do the rest of you get most of your deals?

I'm from Fort Mill/Lake Wylie, lived in Union/Spartanburg for nearly 6 years.

Currently in South Korea, wonder how far a roll call for here would take me. :roll:

Alright, anyone from Greenville here, yesterday the Blockbuster at Five Forks (off of Woodruff) had 60gb PS3 in stock, had a sign up on front door. Today, no sign, but I still saw the box in store (may be out though).

I don't want a PS3 but for those who do might be worth checking out if you are close.

Greenville here. I can also vouch for Video Games Cavern. Great retro section. Too bad Rhino Games across the street is going to GameStop. I'll visit today. Probably my last visit until they vanish into the corporate vacuum.

Anderson, SC over here (near Greenville). I used to frequent Rhino and the Game Cavern, though my retro collection is pretty much done so I don't head that way much any more. The Best Buy in Anderson frequently has a clearance table set up that is actually quite good, though the prices aren't always marked down that much. I have saved at least 10 dollars on a number of pick-ups. Other than that, the well is pretty dry.

:)

Did not realize this thread existed. Pimp was close on where I live. Ridgeway SC here. I try to keep up with deals in northeast Columbia. Kinda lame as of late. To many CAGs around I think. :razz:

If anyone is heading out to Best Buys to get the price dropped games, plz grab a few $1.99 PS2/Gamecube games for me and us SC'ers. You can even keep some of the good ones

[quote name='nharmon91']Any of you guys actually like SC?[/QUOTE]

I do :) I just moved to Spartanburg this past year and I love it!

I live right in the middle of the Westgate area and couldnt ask for a better location :)

I love it, I've been here for 20 years. Of course there are times I'd like to move to a different state and see what that's like ... ;)

God willing I'll be moving down here for the summer and non-school year, somewhere near Charlotte. How's the shopping, recreation (arcades =D), and fun stuff around here you hopefully-soon-to-be-fellow-South-Carolina-CAG-er's?

Just curious, who was the selfish one to hoard the games/cleanout the Simpsonville GR?

Thx for leaving everyone else games, no need to buy every copy of Saints Row

[quote name='Quintox']Just curious, who was the selfish one to hoard the games/cleanout the Simpsonville GR?

Thx for leaving everyone else games, no need to buy every copy of Saints Row[/quote]

What was the deal there? Anyway, yeah, it's kinda unfair that people do that. I especially felt screwed over during the Rhino Games takeover by Gamestop. Also, during last years Circuit City deal. Luckly, i am walking distance from a Gamecrazy (and a Blockbuster, but they dont have enough retro stuff to keep me interested), so if theres any deals, i'll just pick up what i want, and leave the rest to the other CAG's.

bread's done
Back