Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:02 AM

Yeah, that's the one.

#63 The_Tick

The_Tick

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:12 AM

Is it still around by any Chance? Anyway, one day i'm thinking about opening up my own game store. It'll still take me quite a few years to ammount a sizable collection, and get some inventory. But a guy can dream.

#64 electronicthroat

electronicthroat

Greedo Shot First

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

I reside in Greenville.

#65 xtchuh

xtchuh

Shake n' Bake!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

Sweet, only 1 other person in Myrtle Beach. I guess that increases my chances in getting a CHEAP deal.

#66 Tesche

Tesche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:00 PM

I'm in Columbia. <----
good to know I'm not alone in the state........alone in being an avid game fan and being cheap.......nice to know there are others just like me......

#67 flywheels

flywheels

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

Native Charlottean, but moved to Rock Hill, SC last summer.

#68 udaozzy

udaozzy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:23 AM

Lexington here. Near the White Knoll High area. This area is starting to boom, bigtime. Walmart and Gamestop have popped up in the last few months and it doesn't look to be slowing down soon (Lowe's is in construction).

As for if I like it... It's alright, I guess. But, after you've lived in Florida, California, and Hawaii, it seems dull in comparison (my dad was in the Navy).

#69 Gumby the Green

Gumby the Green

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:33 AM

So hey there guys wondering how many CAGs are in still the Columbia area, seem to missing out on some sweet clearances lately and wondering who is to blame for that :cry:

#70 SplitFiller

SplitFiller

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:52 PM

Anderson here, near Starr/Iva

#71 mercilessming

mercilessming

Call upon Dyzan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

So hey there guys wondering how many CAGs are in still the Columbia area, seem to missing out on some sweet clearances lately and wondering who is to blame for that :cry:

Lexington Area, alot of the Target in lexington deals seem to get gone before they drop to good prices :-( ... Took me awhile to get Timeshift cheap since the timeshifts there got gone before they got below 20$....So it wasn't me getting all the deals. Just seems locals buy up clearance lately without worry of how much more clerance it could be.
Do you feel the need to prove you have Online Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (a.k.a. The Grammar Nazi) ????

#72 ZeonikFreak

ZeonikFreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

Seneca, SC here - just down the road from Clemson, although I shop around everywhere from Ga on up to the Greenville area.

I just called the Video Game Cavern to see how much they would give me for my original DS (looking to finally upgrade), and would you like to guess how much they would give me for the system, stylus, and charger? Would ya?

They give $20 in store credit, and $10 in cash! That's even worse that GameStop I think, but don't quote me on that one. They're good people though most of the time. If any of you ever go in Anderson, they also have a "store" at the Anderson Jockey Lot that's open on Saturday and Sunday, early all the way until people usually start to leave the JL.

Sometime this year a new indie game store opened up in Powdersville, Darkside Games. I've never been, I don't know anything about it, but here's a MySpace page for it:

http://www.myspace.com/darksidegames

Yea, im desperate for a good game store in SC. Im about to move in with my parents in Greenwood, so im up for any place that sells games other than the one Gamestop there.

Those game stores sounds alot better than a store i found on Craigslist called "Dawg Gone Fun Games" which is north of Greenville. I though "Your kidding me, this is all this state has?"

The play n trades seem too far a drive for me, so im up for anything close near Greenwood/Abbiville/Ninty Six.

So yea, thats all i got to say...

#73 ExileL

ExileL

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

Yea, im desperate for a good game store in SC. Im about to move in with my parents in Greenwood, so im up for any place that sells games other than the one Gamestop there.

Those game stores sounds alot better than a store i found on Craigslist called "Dawg Gone Fun Games" which is north of Greenville. I though "Your kidding me, this is all this state has?"

The play n trades seem too far a drive for me, so im up for anything close near Greenwood/Abbiville/Ninty Six.

So yea, thats all i got to say...

Hate to break it to you but I have lived in Greenwood since I was born and all we have here is Gamestop, Blockbuster/GameRush, Wal-Mart, and K-Mart (Which has a pretty good selction of the stuff that is usually listed in the clearance thread.) Other than that there is practically nothing.

Pretty cool little town if you don't come from a big metropolis. It gets a lot more fun when college starts back in Sept. and you get a lot more younger people back in town. :D

#74 ZeonikFreak

ZeonikFreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:42 PM

Hate to break it to you but I have lived in Greenwood since I was born and all we have here is Gamestop, Blockbuster/GameRush, Wal-Mart, and K-Mart (Which has a pretty good selction of the stuff that is usually listed in the clearance thread.) Other than that there is practically nothing.

Pretty cool little town if you don't come from a big metropolis. It gets a lot more fun when college starts back in Sept. and you get a lot more younger people back in town. :D

What part of greenwood do you live near? im going to be living at Regency Park where my parents are staying, which is the apartment complex next to Super WalMart.

Hopefully, that Hollywood Video will go outta business, they got some sweet stuff there i would definetly buy...

#75 ExileL

ExileL

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

What part of greenwood do you live near? im going to be living at Regency Park where my parents are staying, which is the apartment complex next to Super WalMart.

Hopefully, that Hollywood Video will go outta business, they got some sweet stuff there i would definetly buy...

Yeah, you will be in the thick of "New" Greenwood which is really good. Most all your major stores and restaurants are right beside or near that Wal-Mart. That Hollywood video is a pretty nice place to rent a game but I really have no clue about their selection due to the fact that I usually have some credit from flipping from GS to Blockbuster so I just rent from there. :D

As for me I live by Emerald High School for now but I am probably about to move closer to Lander University as my lease is up on my apartment.

#76 ZeonikFreak

ZeonikFreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, you will be in the thick of "New" Greenwood which is really good. Most all your major stores and restaurants are right beside or near that Wal-Mart. That Hollywood video is a pretty nice place to rent a game but I really have no clue about their selection due to the fact that I usually have some credit from flipping from GS to Blockbuster so I just rent from there. :D

As for me I live by Emerald High School for now but I am probably about to move closer to Lander University as my lease is up on my apartment.

I do gotta know about Pawn Shops in the area too. The only one ive been too was the Gun and Pawn shop near Lander and i found a complete green label of Chrono Cross for like 2 bucks with Bushido Blade. The guy there has a bunch of Xbox and PS2 games i need to look at next time im there.

Yea, i know the area on that highway pretty well. Big Lots has some stuff from time to time, like i bought the City of Villians DVD collection there, and the KMart is there for deals if they still carry the games (which im sure they do), and Wal Mart as well.

Ah, ill find some...

#77 FatalT

FatalT

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

Fort Mill/Rock Hill here.

#78 publiicprivates

publiicprivates

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

rock hill here, what area are you at fatal?

#79 brobi38791

brobi38791

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:50 AM

This is Daddy Dawg, Owner of Dawg Gone Fun Video Games in downtown Travelers Rest SC. I realize that i am the little dog in SC but, you cant find a nicer, more fair trades, or better customer service than us. We pride ourselves in people leaving happy. IF the travel to Travelers Rest SC the problem holding you back then email us and see what we can get the game to you for. Also check us out on ebay. If you have trades, we are there for you also with higher trade values. How can we do this you ask, we have little overhead. We currently are open in the evening only until 10 pm, all day saturday, and sunday. email address is dawggonefungames@aol.com ebay name is dawg-gonefunvideogames come check us out.

#80 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:44 AM

This is Daddy Dawg, Owner of Dawg Gone Fun Video Games in downtown Travelers Rest SC. I realize that i am the little dog in SC but, you cant find a nicer, more fair trades, or better customer service than us. We pride ourselves in people leaving happy. IF the travel to Travelers Rest SC the problem holding you back then email us and see what we can get the game to you for. Also check us out on ebay. If you have trades, we are there for you also with higher trade values. How can we do this you ask, we have little overhead. We currently are open in the evening only until 10 pm, all day saturday, and sunday. email address is dawggonefungames@aol.com ebay name is dawg-gonefunvideogames come check us out.

Look man, I drove way out of my way to visit your store once, after reading all of the craigslist ads about how you have all these "great deals". I was pretty pissed when I got there and the only decently priced stuff you had were a few systems that were about 10 bucks less than ebay.

But the games, everything you had was priced at LEAST 5.00 OVER the highest ebay price. I can't inform people over craigslist but I can at least inform people here on Cheap Ass Gamer.

If you want to stay in business, price stuff competitively, NOT over ebay value. Because I sure a hell aren't going to pay 10.00 for Ducktales on the NES or 30.00 for Metal Gear Solid for the PS1, and neither are other CAGs.

#81 ZeonikFreak

ZeonikFreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

Look man, I drove way out of my way to visit your store once, after reading all of the craigslist ads about how you have all these "great deals". I was pretty pissed when I got there and the only decently priced stuff you had were a few systems that were about 10 bucks less than ebay.

But the games, everything you had was priced at LEAST 5.00 OVER the highest ebay price. I can't inform people over craigslist but I can at least inform people here on Cheap Ass Gamer.

If you want to stay in business, price stuff competitively, NOT over ebay value. Because I sure a hell aren't going to pay 10.00 for Ducktales on the NES or 30.00 for Metal Gear Solid for the PS1, and neither are other CAGs.

Dude, the name of the store said it enough for me.

If im going outta my way for a game store from greenwood, id go to Play n Trade in Aiken. Of course, i probably call first before going there, if there is anything they might have...

#82 upstateschere

upstateschere

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:40 PM

It is ok that you feel that way. We all have opinions, however, please get yours correct if you are making one about Dawg_Gone. For you see, you must have failed yourself by not asking for the Dawg-Gone discount. Here at Dawg-Gone we have a 10% discount on every game, everyday! No membership needed. Also, with all systems, you get a free game of your choice. There are also flyers in the shop to inform all about these things for example. As for craiglist, my number is on there. Did you call first?

#83 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:33 AM

It is ok that you feel that way. We all have opinions, however, please get yours correct if you are making one about Dawg_Gone. For you see, you must have failed yourself by not asking for the Dawg-Gone discount. Here at Dawg-Gone we have a 10% discount on every game, everyday! No membership needed. Also, with all systems, you get a free game of your choice. There are also flyers in the shop to inform all about these things for example. As for craiglist, my number is on there. Did you call first?

I bought a system, I wasn't offered a free game. If all systems come with a free game, and I bought one, and wasn't offered one...don't you think that's kind of a deceptive sales tactic? Besides, let's bring up a hypothetical situation, say I bought one of your 30.00 SNES systems and I wanted a game that was priced in your store at OVER 30.00, what would happen? Would I get that game? I seriously doubt it, so I think your advertisements are lacking in information.

Also, I wasn't offered a 10% discount, I shouldn't have to just "know" about this. If you get this discount everyday than it's YOUR job to inform the customers while they are in the store and not just blindly expect us to just KNOW something. And 10% off a game that's priced at over ebay prices, AFTER shipping, doesn't do me a bit of good.

I didn't see any flyers, besides, I'm in a game store looking for games...I sure as hell aren't paying attention to flyers.

And why should I call? "Hi, are you games reasonably priced? Less than ebay?" What would you say? "oh, no, no they aren't". I don't think so.

I think my opinions about "Dawg-Gone" are correct, and besides that, it's an opinion...MY opinion...so you telling me to get my "opinion correct" is almost an insult. Maybe you meant that I should get my FACTS correct. Either way, I think both are correct at this point.

Oh, and I'm not one for attacking petty things, but your store name is ridiculous. As you see someone in this thread didn't even bother going to your store just because of the name alone. It sounds like a kids store, it doesn't even sound remotely like anything a self-respecting adult would want to shop in. Also calling yourself Daddy Dawg makes you sound like a pedophile.

And ONE more thing, the one time I was in there, I was the only customer there and I STILL had to squeeze my way through your entire family that seemed to be digging through games on the sales floor. Not even organizing or putting games out for sale, just looking at games. I honestly got so fed up with it that I just stopped trying to look at one shelf because your family and kids weren't considerate enough to move and you, who were staring right at them, weren't consider enough to TELL them to move!

I can easily tell this is the first time you've ever been in this business, and you have a lot of changes to make if you want to stay open past the holiday season.

Edited by Cmosfm, 24 September 2008 - 04:44 AM.

#84 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:11 AM

Anyway...
So who is the other CAG'er that often visits the Blockbuster near Bi-Lo at Five Forks? I know you're there, I see all the high TIV games sitting on the shelf (Octomania, for example)

:D
I honestly don't care, I'm just very curious who you are

#85 ZeonikFreak

ZeonikFreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

Also, I wasn't offered a 10% discount, I shouldn't have to just "know" about this. If you get this discount everyday than it's YOUR job to inform the customers while they are in the store and not just blindly expect us to just KNOW something. And 10% off a game that's priced at over ebay prices, AFTER shipping, doesn't do me a bit of good.

Oh, and I'm not one for attacking petty things, but your store name is ridiculous. As you see someone in this thread didn't even bother going to your store just because of the name alone. It sounds like a kids store, it doesn't even sound remotely like anything a self-respecting adult would want to shop in. Also calling yourself Daddy Dawg makes you sound like a pedophile.

I would visit this place if i ever happen to be on that side of the world for whatever reason. As for "willingly" wanting to go there, not anytime soon unless there something i would drive there for.

And you got a point. If you want customers to know about the "deals" of your store, then tell them when they are up at the counter with their games. Also, this guy and the guy at the Raleigh Flea Market in North Carolina seem to have a lot in common, since they both sell games at ebay prices. If your going to do that, the close your store down, and just sell on ebay, or call it "Dawg Gone we sell games at Ebay prices".

Then again, this sounds alot like a game store that was shut down in raleigh for a ton of complaints: http://www.gamespot....ws_6123802.html Ive only been there like twice.

The funny thing is, like 20 precent of the games that are at Play n Trade stores near raleigh, all have the Buy Rite sticker on them.

Well, i hope hollywood video in greenwood goes out of business, they have a ton of games that i really want...

#86 Hyruu

Hyruu

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:46 PM

I live in Easley and work in Greenville so most if not all my video gaming buying is done in the Easley Gamestop or Bestbuy on Woodruff (work kinda near there)

#87 Hyruu

Hyruu

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:50 PM

Greenville here. I can also vouch for Video Games Cavern. Great retro section. Too bad Rhino Games across the street is going to GameStop. I'll visit today. Probably my last visit until they vanish into the corporate vacuum.

I was in Rhino Games ONCE and vowed never to go back there. They were rude and kinda stupid when it came to simple game questions.

#88 ZeonikFreak

ZeonikFreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:47 PM

My brother got a card from a regional person from Play n Trade in this state, and from what he told me, they might possibly are going to try to open a Play n Trade in this area.

I just hope they move right next door to gamestop, where the old ATnT store was, or next to Marble Slab on Hwy 72, which is right near my apt complex!!!!

That would be great...

#89 electronicthroat

electronicthroat

Greedo Shot First

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

Did anyone hear about the Gamestop in the Verdae shopping center on Laurens Rd in Greenville got robbed a couple of weeks ago?

I was in there a few days ago and they were talking about it. Some guy came in with a gun and got a 360, around $800, and a used game.

I've always thought that location would get robbed someday. It's in such a hidden away place. Not very visible from the road.
electronicthroat's trade list:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=187084

Posted Image

#90 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:29 PM

Did anyone hear about the Gamestop in the Verdae shopping center on Laurens Rd in Greenville got robbed a couple of weeks ago?

I was in there a few days ago and they were talking about it. Some guy came in with a gun and got a 360, around $800, and a used game.

I've always thought that location would get robbed someday. It's in such a hidden away place. Not very visible from the road.

Didn't hear bout that

So who cleaned the Movie Gallery out of good used games on Old Spartanburg Rd? I don't care at all just am very curious what you managed to snag