that orange bike is the shiat cheapy it looks nice

Posted Image

#33 Stoneage

Stoneage

Don't touch my stuff!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:33 PM

that orange bike is the shiat cheapy it looks nice

This thread is almost ready for preschool. Why the bump now?

Also, is Cheapy in better shape yet?

#34 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:00 AM

Dang, nice orange bike. Are beach cruisers cool in Japan or unpractical? Thats all we ride around here.

#35 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2007 - 04:45 AM

You bought a mountain bike to get around on paved streets? Jeeeeeze, that's what they make road bikes for.

Anyway, since you've got the bike, now you need some books. Start with Zinn and the art of Mountain Bike Repair.

http://www.amazon.co...85511848&sr=8-1

#36 Loyaltist Shinra

Loyaltist Shinra

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:35 AM

gasoline powered RC cars.

Gyro planes is a common sight in Japan. Also Biking is the main transportation in China and India for most people. Owning a car is a luxary in Japan like me owning a Air Conditioner when I don't need one.

#37 kaaspeer

kaaspeer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:47 AM

That's nothing compared to amsterdam, take a look at this:
Posted Image

Basically bikes everywhere there. Although it would surprise me if 10% of the people living in Amsterdam ride the bikes they bought themselves...
People get their bicycles stolen and they just nick another one and keep on riding.

#38 FeNoM91

FeNoM91

Don't mind me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

Japan looks pretty frickin cool man! Stop shoving all this in our faces!!!

#39 GrimNecroWizard

GrimNecroWizard

Colts FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:55 PM

Do they not get stolen all the time over there?
Posted Image

#40 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2008 - 11:02 PM

You bought a mountain bike to get around on paved streets? Jeeeeeze, that's what they make road bikes for.

Anyway, since you've got the bike, now you need some books. Start with Zinn and the art of Mountain Bike Repair.

http://www.amazon.co...85511848&sr=8-1

Giant makes some pretty nice hybrid bikes which work well for both off-terrain and roads. I've had mine for almost 10 years and have had very few problems with it... at least until I got hit by a car. I just wish the US was more biker friendly.

One day, I will move to Tokyo... one day...

#41 Koggit

Koggit

almost sorry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

That was my first thought too.

Back home in Louisiana, no one biked for transportation, only for recreation, so everyone owned mountain bikes. Here in Seattle, many bikers do so for transportation, and nearly all of them own road bikes. The only people with mountain bikes are people who, literally, ride them on mountains (the Cascades), in which case they must first drive to the mountain.

When I moved here, I went to a pawn shop and bought a mountain bike. Very bad idea. It takes a ridiculous amount of effort to move any reasonable distance. It was slow and exhausting. I sold the mountain bike for a cruiser (not a road bike, but still, smooth skinny tires) and the difference is really quite shocking. I don't get tired nearly as easily and enjoy riding much more.

I don't know much about bikes so it's hard for me to make recommendations, but I would suggest reassessing your use of the bike, Cheapy. If you plan to use it off road a lot where smooth skinny tires are dangerous, so be it. But if you plan to use it for transportation, or even recreation on paved roads, you should look into something lighter with smoother tires that have less contact with the pavement. No need to overexert yourself.

Edit: I should add, to the poster above me, Seattle is very bike friendly. Especially Redmond and Bellevue. Nearly every road has a bike lane. The only problem is the bikers think they own the roads, despite the fact that our car tabs pay for them. As a driver, they're pretty frustrating, they think traffic laws don't apply to them.

#42 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

I know there's some cities that are biker friendly, but they seem to be far and few between. That was one of the things I liked about Washington, a lot of the cities I visited had paths for bikes, and were relatively flat enough for a bike to a good alternative to a car.

Here in the southeast, bike paths are a rare occurrence, and a lot of drivers don't realize that bikes have the same rights as drivers. I can't tell you how many times I've had people try to run me off the road. Even with all of the downsides to biking around here, there are still quite a few people who bike frequently.

#43 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:25 PM

I live in Bellevue, WA and I hate the bikers that use the road instead of the damn bike lane right next to it. :bomb: Either drive the speed limit or get off the road.

#44 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

Less Riding...More updating on who won in the Child's Play Raffle. Just so I know who I'm supposed to send the DMC: 5th AC to...;)

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#45 Dragon_Master

Dragon_Master

*enter witty remark here*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:49 PM

nice bike but why did thsi thread get bumped back up?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image