PS3 Pre-order: Has it started?

jkircos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
After seeing what has happened with the Xbox 360, I think that I should pre-order the PS3 before it really starts going crazy. Have any stores started taking pre-orders on the system yet?

i was actually about to start a new thread on this, i read on IGN.COM message boards that some EB games/ Gamestop stores wrote down names for the preorders, needless to say nervousness inside me is building up, just from what i've seen with the 360 madness you know?

Gamestop isn't yet, I'm still waiting for them to start.

I hope the good people at Sony aren't assholes and actually put out enough consoles like they did with the PSP instead of putting out a small number like Microsoft did to make it appear that the 360 is selling well.

yes, one place is taking preorders but ive never heard of them. he's been taking preorders for about 2 months now at 400$. obviously, i dont trust it.

[quote name='whoknows']Gamestop isn't yet, I'm still waiting for them to start.

I hope the good people at Sony aren't assholes and actually put out enough consoles like they did with the PSP instead of putting out a small number like Microsoft did to make it appear that the 360 is selling well.[/QUOTE]

So you think that a comapny should do something to be nice to their customers, as opposed to a method that will be exponentially more effective, from an economic standpoint?

^^ that is definitely shady considering that their screen shots are like crappy pictures taken of the TV that is playing the game haha.. idk, to me that is pretty cheap and shady

Right now, it's only profitable for the eBay resellers who actually get payments from a winning auction. Since M$ is selling the system at a loss, they still have a long way to go before they start realizing a profit, even from software sales.

by any chance does anyone recommend a store to preorder from-- this is my first actual launch purchase of the PS3 so im completely new to everything

I just placed a preorder today at Gamecrazy. In case you guys were wondering, I was the first one to do it :) Try calling your Gamecrazy's, chances are that they are taking preorders.

If anybody was wondering where I preordered, I preordered at the Gamecrazy in Genesee (San Diego, CA).

http://forums.gamebattles.com/t/488752.html

Thats awesome Ricebo, did you put any money on it or anything? Being 14, i'm having a tough time working over my mom to let me buy this, from past experiences she thinks i waste all my money..

[quote name='WinnieThePujols']So you think that a comapny should do something to be nice to their customers, as opposed to a method that will be exponentially more effective, from an economic standpoint?[/QUOTE]

So...by NOT letting people buy their product they are being "exponentially more effective, from an economic standpoint"??

[quote name='whoknows']So...by NOT letting people buy their product they are being "exponentially more effective, from an economic standpoint"??[/QUOTE]

Uh, yes.

Imagine you're considering getting an XBox 360. You're not really sure if you want one or not.

If the consoles are readily available, it's probably not going to change your stance on the situation. Yeah, you might go out and buy a system on impulse... but it's probably more likely that you would've pre-ordered one, if that was your attitude.

Now imagine they create this psuedo-shortage, like some people believe they're doing now. You only kind of wanted one, right? Well... now you can't even get one. They're all sold out. What does it mean if they're sold out? It must mean it's pretty good, right? I mean, it's so popular that every place in town i sold out. So now you're almost going to go out and buy one just because that's what you're "supposed" to do... Everyone else wants one, don't they? It was a mistake of you not to pre-order, wasn't it? What if your best friend gets one before you do? Think of how jealous you'd be...

I don't think it really affects well-informed people. However, I think the ignorant masses fall for this scheme of retailers. I don't really blame them, though: it makes money.

But having less of a product on the market, you increase the desire for one... and the more desirable something is, the more likely you are to buy it.

My thoughts exactly OP I want to pre order this puppy. And even if I don't like how the launch is going I can just sell my sytem and at the least make a small profit.

[quote name='jlarlee']My thoughts exactly OP I want to pre order this puppy. And even if I don't like how the launch is going I can just sell my sytem and at the least make a small profit.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Worst case, you lose maybe $10-$20 because there's ample supply, but chances of that are slim to none, the reward IMO far outweighs the risk.

[quote name='tdphillips']My thoughts exactly. Worst case, you lose maybe $10-$20 because there's ample supply, but chances of that are slim to none, the reward IMO far outweighs the risk.[/QUOTE]
Yep and as silly as it sounds even though I didn't want a 360 I feel a bit left out

Crap, I'm going to college next year. Guess I should either preorder then or just online. Wouldn't make sense to preorder from any place close.

Did anybody read my post except afibinder? I reserved mine at GAMECRAZY yesterday, by putting down a $50 deposit. Try calling your Gamecrazy to see if they are taking reservations/preorders.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Did anybody read my post except afibinder? I reserved mine at GAMECRAZY yesterday, by putting down a $50 deposit. Try calling your Gamecrazy to see if they are taking reservations/preorders.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, some of us don't have Gamecrazy near us.

[quote name='tdphillips']Unfortunately, some of us don't have Gamecrazy near us.[/QUOTE]
Ditto or a gamerush for that matter no crazy trade in deals for me :cry:

I just called my 2 local gamecrazys (didnt even know this place existed let alone that i have 2 near me)
they both said the same thing someone said EB told them.
theres no part number in the system, so they arent taking preorders.
(both stores i called are in CT)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Did anybody read my post except afibinder? I reserved mine at GAMECRAZY yesterday, by putting down a $50 deposit. Try calling your Gamecrazy to see if they are taking reservations/preorders.[/QUOTE]

I'm in San Diego as well, and last week I went into the Gamecrazy off of I-15/Aero Drive (by Fry's) and tried to reserve a PS3. No luck. The guy working said something like "they don't even know when it will come out, so we aren't taking pre-orders yet".

I pre-ordered my PSP from the same place before launch details were announced (I think I was the first person to do so), and I know they STOPPED taking X360 launch pre-orders WELL before the launch details were finalized. So probably just that employee not really knowing what's going on. But likely they don't have a lot of people asking about preorders yet and they don't have a reservation SKU in their computer system.

I'm giving this one a big YMMV, since the Gamecrazy that I went to (only a few miles from RiCeBo1) didn't want my PS3 preorder money yet, even though I would gladly give it to them. I'd predict that after the Christmas retail rush, retailers will be less busy and start to focus more on the future. I'd imagine pre-orders will open in wide availability in early 2006, and if you go in the first month or so of pre-orders you will probably get a launch console.

[quote name='jlarlee']Yep and as silly as it sounds even though I didn't want a 360 I feel a bit left out[/QUOTE]

You and me both. I don't even want one and I have no time to even play it but if by chance I see one in the store I will be compelled to buy it because I am powerless against the hype.

nope u cant preorder it yet probably u will be by the beginning of the new year, i hope that theyll actually put out enough consoles unlike those brainless retards from microsoft

once ps3 comes out microsoft is screwed

[quote name='funkymunkyluc']nope u cant preorder it yet probably u will be by the beginning of the new year, i hope that theyll actually put out enough consoles unlike those brainless retards from microsoft

once ps3 comes out microsoft is screwed[/QUOTE]

YES!!! You can start PREORDERING PS3 NOW! I called my local GAMECRAZY store and they said they were taking PREORDERS. I'm going to go there right now and order it. Because you have to do it in person and the guy I spoke to said don't worry not a lot people are PREORDERING right now. So take your time no need to panic. But if you want your PS3 on the first day it comes out that’s the place you can call. I called GAMESTOP they said their not taking them until February or till the date is set for the release. GO their and get you local store phone number and call them up www.gamecrazy.com !!!:bouncy:

[quote name='pnjabimunda8']YES!!! You can start PREORDERING PS3 NOW! I called my local GAMECRAZY store and they said they were taking PREORDERS. I'm going to go there right now and order it. Because you have to do it in person and the guy I spoke to said don't worry not a lot people are PREORDERING right now. So take your time no need to panic. But if you want your PS3 on the first day it comes out that’s the place you can call. I called GAMESTOP they said their not taking them until February or till the date is set for the release. GO their and get you local store phone number and call them up www.gamecrazy.com !!!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mr. H. Video. No GCs near me, thank God.

I might go to gamecrazy tomorrow. Its a little far though. From what I have heard, places like EB and Gamestop force you to buy a bundle if you pre-order with them.

Nah, I've never seen forced launch bundles at GS and EB, except online. I signed up for the handwritten pre-order list at EB back during May. But I doubt that means a damn thing.

For anybody that has already preordered their system at gamecrazy, is there a SKU number in the system that I can have them look up? I just called mine and they said that they have not started taking preorders yet. It would be nice if I have them look it up in the system and then place my money down for it.

The only ones in my area that are taking preorders are FYE. They have advertised it in the store so they already have a list of people that have placed money down for it. With their forced bundles and the fact that they are not one of the major game retailers, I may have to pass on them.

The Gamecrazy I went to said there is not a sku yet for the PS3 but there are a couple of PS3 game skus. So what mine does is put your money on a game and then switch it over to the system when there is a sku.

no one knows dude sorry, you will be able to find out soon, CES is about to take place and they will most likely release information on the system and launch titles and playable titles etc. if they are planning to release it somewhere this spring, no one knows yet though

:lol: IF YOU HAVE A FYE IN YOUR CITY YOU CAN CALL THEM BECAUSE I HAVE PREORDERED MINES THERE BUT YOU HAVE TO GET 2 WIRELESS CONTROLLERS AND A GAME

No guarantees, but I was checking Gamestop's website and I noticed that the games are set for a 3/1/2006 release date. So.....

No, it probably means nothing, but it gives a pathetic game junky like me hope! ;)

Yeah my gamecrazy is taking pre-orders/wish list orders too on the PS3. So far only 1 pre-order there, and you must have a deposit of $50 or more to be legit.

I've set up a site (similar to what was around for the XBox360) to track sites offering PS3 pre-orders in various countries. 50% of any commission from preorders will also go to charities in each country (or UNICEF if the cost of sending the donation to a specific country outweighs the donation.)

So preorder a PS3 and raise money for charity.

No sites on there yet - but you can register your email address to be informed when one comes available for your country. (You can also begin to suggest charities, although for countries where ChildsPlay operates I'm thinking of them.)

[quote name='Ma12kez']Yeah my gamecrazy is taking pre-orders/wish list orders too on the PS3. So far only 1 pre-order there, and you must have a deposit of $50 or more to be legit.[/QUOTE]

I just pre-ordered at my GameCrazy as well on 53rd here in Chicago. I put down $50 and there are about 10 pre-orders so far. I didn't get to pick my PS3's color, but he said as they get more information as far release date and price, I can come back to specify.

bread's done
Back