Nevada anyone?

[quote name='mr ryles']vegas is good have been there once or twice.[/QUOTE]

I think Vegas will be my lifetime home, well at least until i retire to hawaii.

if any fellow nevadians are looking for 360 the wal-mart up here in winnemucca has 2 cores in. at least for the time being.

nope..no digital devil saga.....i really wanted that game too...
no way i'm paying 60-70 used for it though.
I have Nocturne and guide ....great game

FYI CircuitCity's in town are still running the clearance thing.
I just picked up XIII and SIren for $13 together.
There's a couple more games I would like to get...
I've checked out the Centennial one and the Trop and Eastern one, and it seemed like most of the (cheap) clearance stuff was gone.
Probably gonna check out the Sahara one tonight.

I'm in the NW area also...Cheyenne and 215.

i wouldnt waste my time on the one on sahara the biggest hoarders start off there, now that sales have been going on i havent been able to get anything and its barely worth trying anymore, and no one said shit about the b1g1 free sale that kb was having at the meadows mall, and probably other malls as well, but i went to the meadows and they said they have no more games cuz the sale and i'm sure i check the whole kb thread and not one word, aint no help from Vegas ppl and probably FW ppl hoarding but then again i believe i met a CAG hoarding one time as well

the only sales i'm getting into now is the sales that are the ads at best buy, other than that everything else(thats worth getting)seems to be gone b4 the sales begin

i missed the kb sale, too and i missed out on dds.

the guy @ tru said there was only 1 copy left of DDS there when the 9.99 sale hit. he said they only had about 7 copies when the game first came out and most of em were bought @ that time. aaarrgh!

that sucks.....

although not the cheapest games on the list, I did find a lot of Silent Hill4 at the Sahara CC, and a lot of POPWW at the trop and eastern CC.
XIII are everywhere.

well, i'm gonna check out the k-mart thing (one store) this morning.

If I find anything good, I'll post.

Oh man, I just read about the CC deal. I have been playing RE4, and the only time I go on the net for videogame related stuff is to look at FAQS. Not that I don't want to come here, it's just not on the mind at the time. lol.

Yeah, I remember last years CC deal. Scalpers and hoaders were all over it. It's like we have about 6 people who post here, versus the 20 or so who lurk. Plus it dosen't help we live in a city of tourism.

[quote name='mentos888']

the guy @ tru said there was only 1 copy left of DDS there when the 9.99 sale hit. he said they only had about 7 copies when the game first came out and most of em were bought @ that time. aaarrgh![/QUOTE]

Haha, I got one of those copies. I bought it a few days before the sale was announced on this site. Cheapass that I am, of course I took it back and got it price adjusted. Talk about lucky timing, it was like the gaming gods gave me $45 back a couple days before Xmas.

So yes, to answer an earlier poster's question, someone DID get a $9.99 copy of DDS1 in this town, SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY LIVED HERE. Whoohoo! Now if the damned tourists would just stick to shopping at Fry's, we might actually get some more deals in this town.

Reno here...not much deals here....Toys R us sucks over here, and when there are deals, workers don't even know whats going on usually, and when there is a special deal...all the good stuff is gone.

hey, if anyone wants taiko drum master, they have several (3-4?) sealed boxes @ the s. decatur gamecrazy up on the shelves. they're still labeled 49.99 for some reason (supposed to be 17.99)

just curious, anyone get any good gamecrazy hauls?

[quote name='mentos888']hey, if anyone wants taiko drum master, they have several (3-4?) sealed boxes @ the s. decatur gamecrazy up on the shelves. they're still labeled 49.99 for some reason (supposed to be 17.99)

just curious, anyone get any good gamecrazy hauls?[/QUOTE]

Only thing I wanted to get was Time Crisis 3 with the gun, but nothing. Not sure if it was sold out prior to the sale? I know the one GC near me didn't get much stock after Christmas. Maybe someone cleaned house.

I'm from Vegas. East side. Or for some of you, Sunrise Moutain.

Oh, and if any of you see RE4 Gamecube TRU $10. Please tell me here. I'd appreciate it.

1) Anyone know which Gamestops/Ebgames let you purchase penny guides here in town? All the ones I’ve been too are strict about it.
2) Best Buy was usually very lazy when it got to penny guides, but lately they’ve trashed them the very first day they drop. Btw, this is the Best Buy on lake mead.

[quote name='mentos888']1) Anyone know which Gamestops/Ebgames let you purchase penny guides here in town? All the ones I’ve been too are strict about it.
2) Best Buy was usually very lazy when it got to penny guides, but lately they’ve trashed them the very first day they drop. Btw, this is the Best Buy on lake mead.[/QUOTE]

Vegas CAG here. Seems like there is a ton of us here. isn't hiccup also a Vegas CAG?

Anyhow to answer your questions:

1) Very Good questions. I haven't found one that will let me buy any yet.
2) All Best Buys suck.

mentos, do you know if the TRU out by the meadows still has Geist?

And any Vegas CAG know of any RE4 Collector's Edition $29.99 at any Vegas Gamestop? That'd be very helpful.

Vegas here, but most active users/ most users on CAG know that already. Got put that BMWest emblem in my sig. I just love it whoever created it.

I live In Vegas and I hate it here. If anybody has a home in the Pacific Northwest I am willing to trade games for it. I would easily give a Suikoden II for a house at least 1600sf.

[quote name='Blitz']I live In Vegas and I hate it here. If anybody has a home in the Pacific Northwest I am willing to trade games for it. I would easily give a Suikoden II for a house at least 1600sf.[/QUOTE]

You know, Vegas might not be too bad if it weren't for the fact that this place has to be the Allergy and Sinus Infection Capital of the World. fuck, I never had allergy problems until I moved out here.

I wonder how many of the "drug related deaths" out here are due to allergy sufferers overdosing????

Has anyone in Vegas ever seen any marked-down games at the Targets in town??

Is there a specific Target in town that has a lot of these?

I hit a few in town about a month ago, and I never saw anything...

[quote name='Spacepest']You know, Vegas might not be too bad if it weren't for the fact that this place has to be the Allergy and Sinus Infection Capital of the World. fuck, I never had allergy problems until I moved out here.

I wonder how many of the "drug related deaths" out here are due to allergy sufferers overdosing????[/quote]

I live in henderson, and when ever I take the 215 to work, vegas is alway in a big dark cloudy mess, thanks to the traffic and construction.

So with that, All the constant construction going on is probably to blame for your allergies, with all the dust and debree/particles they kick up. They're supposed to water it down so it dosen't become air born. They rarely do.

For anyone's that's interested...

I just got DDS1 from the Game Crazy on Bonanza and Eastern for $15.00 plus tax. Maybe i shouldn't brag until I see if it actually plays.....

Anyway, when I called to see if they had it (they said yes), I asked them to hold it, and the guy working there said not to worry, they had a few copies of it.

It's quite possible that they have some other hard to find titles (used at least). I guess there was some sort of situation where the manager forgot to renew their 'secondary dealer' liscence and they basically had to pull all used titles off the shelf. When I got there, there were STACKS of used PS2 games behind the counter.

I stood, watched and waited while the guy dug out a copy of DDS1.

Hope this helps someone.

Are there any good game repair stores in Vegas? I seen a few in the yellow pages, but I was not too sure how reliable they are.

Thanks,
Dan Y.

maybe game repair? haven't tried them. i think they're the only ones in town (2 locations). but their customer service is rude everytime i've dealt w/em.

anyone interested in joining the official Vegas chapter for the International Game Developers Association? I went to the last meeting last night and it was pretty awesome. You get to talk with people who have worked in the industry and basically have a cool workshop.

There's only a few of us, but the coordinator is looking to expand for those interested in talking about games! I don't work in the games industry yet, but i love talking about games and the latest trends, etc. Newcomers welcome!

http://www.igda.org/lasvegas/

bread's done
Back