Gamerush Thread #7 Buy any $49.99 game new for $39.99 excludes Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50

Link to Thread #6 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73561&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 will be $39.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles (YMMV because some people have been able to actually get 360 games with this one). Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Originally Posted by Zon27
I picked up a new flier today at GR. It's a single fold ad with some new deals that should be in the OP:

50% OFF all pre-owed Playstation and GBA accessories (that's all it says)

Buy a Pre-owned Playstation 2 ( ($99.99), get a pre-owned PS2 game priced $19.99 or less. Not valid with the slim system.

Buy a Pre-owned Gamecube ($69.99), get a pre-owned GC game priced $19.99 or less.

Buy a Pre-owned Gameboy Advanced (not SP) ($29.99), get a pre-owned GBA game priced $19.99 or less.

2 for $30 on the following games (all systems where applicable):
Star Wars Battlefront
Taito Legends
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
X-men Legends
Simpsons Hit and Run
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

Xbox Logitech Wireless controller $29.99 (limited time offer)
Xbox Phoenix Live controller $21.99 (ugly orange controller with headset)(limited time offer)

GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35).

Just a note, I don't know the length of any of these deal as there are no dates on this flier
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='jkircos']The new deal for $10 off a $49.99 game worked for me on Kameo yesterday, so YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I will add that to the OP but I guess your right because depending on which GR you go to you may be able to get them to do this for you.

Because it actually states on the sign that this deal excludes Xbox 360 games but you never know which employee will let you get away with this so this is a definate YMMV.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']I will add that to the OP but I guess your right because depending on which GR you go to you may be able to get them to do this for you.

Because it actually states on the sign that this deal excludes Xbox 360 games but you never know which employee will let you get away with this so this is a definate YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh...I never saw the sign, I just asked if I could use it on the $49.99 Xbox 360 games and she told me yes.

[quote name='jkircos']Ahhh...I never saw the sign, I just asked if I could use it on the $49.99 Xbox 360 games and she told me yes.[/QUOTE]

Yep it actually states in the small print in bold letters that Xbox 360 games are excluded from the deal if you ever see those little signs that state New Games are $39.99. The reason I know this is because I went and got GTA:LCS for PSP with this deal on Friday and saw these signs all over the racks with the New Games on them.

So... I went to GameRush today and saw that they had lowered their used price on Dead To Rights II to $14.99. So I went to the counter and asked what the trade-in value for the game was....

The new trade-in price for Dead To Rights II (Xbox) is $24!!!

It only gets $20 at regular Blockbusters though.

So they are selling Dead To Rights II for $11.25 after 25% off and giving $24 for it in store credit. I just can't figure out why Blockbuster is approaching bankruptcy.

[quote name='nakanenui']browsing on the website i came across the preorder deal still being advertised. now the question of the day would be: are they required to honor the deal since they advertise online?

link to the deal: http://www.gamerush.com/promos/promo_preorder.php[/QUOTE]

The answer is No. Corporate ended it so they don't have to honor it because I found this out when I went in on Saturday. They will mainly state that the site isn't updated but on a periodic basis so they don't have to honor the online promotion.

[quote name='shipwreck']So... I went to GameRush today and saw that they had lowered their used price on Dead To Rights II to $14.99. So I went to the counter and asked what the trade-in value for the game was....

The new trade-in price for Dead To Rights II (Xbox) is $24!!!

It only gets $20 at regular Blockbusters though.

So they are selling Dead To Rights II for $11.25 after 25% off and giving $24 for it in store credit. I just can't figure out why Blockbuster is approaching bankruptcy.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's one way of getting people to come into GameRush as opposed to EB/Gamestop. Then again, I can't find any business logic to applying a "loss-leader" type strategy when the company clearly can't afford to do so. Ah, well let's all enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Still no luck on the regular PDZ copies, but I saw a used Madden for the 360. It worked with the 25% off, but I didn't get it since $41 is still too much.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Still no luck on the regular PDZ copies, but I saw a used Madden for the 360. It worked with the 25% off, but I didn't get it since $41 is still too much.[/QUOTE]

It should work the 25% is on all Pre-owned games but the only thing that has a restriction is the $49.99 for $39.99 deal.

Wow, used 360 games...I better check mine soon (maybe tomorrow if they ever get my Perfect Dark Zero in)

I can't believe D2R2 is still getting that much. They only gave me $15 for Madden 06 when it sells for $45 used....go figure.

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, used 360 games...I better check mine soon (maybe tomorrow if they ever get my Perfect Dark Zero in)

I can't believe D2R2 is still getting that much. They only gave me $15 for Madden 06 when it sells for $45 used....go figure.[/QUOTE]

They actually had a used Perfect Dark Zero at the GR I went to today. Go figure.

The reason that Gamerush is selling D2R2 for $14.99 and offering $24 in trade credit for it is simple. Price drops go into effect on Sunday. 99% of trade value changes go into effect on Tuesday. Tomorrow the trade value will drop to about $6.

[quote name='drfrielgood']The reason that Gamerush is selling D2R2 for $14.99 and offering $24 in trade credit for it is simple. Price drops go into effect on Sunday. 99% of trade value changes go into effect on Tuesday. Tomorrow the trade value will drop to about $6.[/QUOTE]

But it's kind of odd, that they would increase the trade-in price for it from $20 to $24. I agree though, I would expect this one to drop tomorrow, so I'm getting rid of my last two copies tonight.

What the hell is the deal with Gamerush not getting any copies of PDZ in yet? I am going to go down there later in the week and pick up my copies of Kameo and (hopefully) PDZ. If they don't have it yet, I am going to insist they either credit my account the $50, or let me preorder/buy another game instead.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Still no luck on the regular PDZ copies, but I saw a used Madden for the 360. It worked with the 25% off, but I didn't get it since $41 is still too much.[/QUOTE]

don't forget tax too ;-)

[quote name='flashburn']What the hell is the deal with Gamerush not getting any copies of PDZ in yet? I am going to go down there later in the week and pick up my copies of Kameo and (hopefully) PDZ. If they don't have it yet, I am going to insist they either credit my account the $50, or let me preorder/buy another game instead.[/QUOTE]

I am still waiting for my copy of King Kong (GC)...

Well, no Perfect Dark Zero yet for me...they did have the LE someone returned, but I did not want to use $10 in credit. I'll check another store to see if they have any sale copies....if so, I'll buy it there and switch the other one.

I'm also curious if they have any new360 games in the system.

So, what do these trade for:
Blitz:The League
Doom 3:LE
Timesplitter:FP
MTV vs ATV
Midway Arcade
MVP Baseball 05

Dead to Rights 2 xbx $24 (so freakin confused...)
Magic the gathering xbx $2.5
Feel the Magic $5.50

picked up Mario Sunshine (again), Shing Force Dragon Song and a GBA action replay. yippie

No sign of Guitar Hero yet. My guess is they aren't getting it. Anyone heard anything different? FYI the GR near me finally received the Mario Party Gamecube bundle in. About 4 weeks after everyone else...

Additionally the store manager told me the DS ex rental games would be on sale last friday. When I stopped by Friday morning he told me district decided to have them transfered out of the store. Not sure where they went. Anyone know anything about this. He was guessing they might have ended up at a sister chain like Rhino...

I am glad to know that XBOX 360 games work with used games. I'll be checking in with my GR often to see if they get in used copies of condemned and/or kameo. I can get both for about $80 after tax. GREAT DEAL! Especially considering it would of cost over $120 after tax if I just bought them new.

I have Kameo sitting downstairs, new and unopened, but I want to include that with my EBAY auction. *Praying I can get at least $800 w/kameo*

I picked up a new flier today at GR. It's a single fold ad with some new deals that should be in the OP:

50% OFF all pre-owed Playstation and GBA accessories (that's all it says)

Buy a Pre-owned Playstation 2 ( ($99.99), get a pre-owned PS2 game priced $19.99 or less. Not valid with the slim system.

Buy a Pre-owned Gamecube ($69.99), get a pre-owned GC game priced $19.99 or less.

Buy a Pre-owned Gameboy Advanced (not SP) ($29.99), get a pre-owned GBA game priced $19.99 or less.

2 for $30 on the following games (all systems where applicable):
Star Wars Battlefront
Taito Legends
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
X-men Legends
Simpsons Hit and Run
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

Xbox Logitech Wireless controller $29.99 (limited time offer)
Xbox Phoenix Live controller $21.99 (ugly orange controller with headset)(limited time offer)

GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35).

Just a note, I don't know the length of any of these deal as there are no dates on this flier

[quote name='kjauburn']No sign of Guitar Hero yet. My guess is they aren't getting it. Anyone heard anything different? FYI the GR near me finally received the Mario Party Gamecube bundle in. About 4 weeks after everyone else...

Additionally the store manager told me the DS ex rental games would be on sale last friday. When I stopped by Friday morning he told me district decided to have them transfered out of the store. Not sure where they went. Anyone know anything about this. He was guessing they might have ended up at a sister chain like Rhino...[/QUOTE]

They probably got transfered to another Gamerush with higher volume.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I thought I'd use this thread instead of clogging up the forums with a new one.

I am a part-time manager at a Blockbuster in Wisconsin (non-gamerush). Hopefully, I'll be able to help keep everyone up to date on what goes on with sales and promotions.

I'd be willing to answer any questions that anyone has as well. Just send me a PM!

I love the site...although I think I've found myself spending more money on games because of it! :roll:

[quote name='reiji']Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I thought I'd use this thread instead of clogging up the forums with a new one.

I am a part-time manager at a Blockbuster in Wisconsin (non-gamerush). Hopefully, I'll be able to help keep everyone up to date on what goes on with sales and promotions.

I'd be willing to answer any questions that anyone has as well. Just send me a PM!

I love the site...although I think I've found myself spending more money on games because of it! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums. I've spent more money because of these forums as well, but that is just because of the great deals that people have posted. These forums are great.

[quote name='reiji']Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I thought I'd use this thread instead of clogging up the forums with a new one.

I love the site...although I think I've found myself spending more money on games because of it! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Be careful what you post. We've had at least one Blockbuster employee get fired for posting information about deals on this site.

Did anyone see Mario & Luigi DS at their GR today? I'm heading out there this evening and am not hopeful. They still haven't gotten Viewtiful Joe for DS, and today is te release date for M&L - so even IF they get it like normal, I suppose it probably wouldn't be tomorrow (though I have been surprised in the past - they got Meteos on a Tues).

Looking at the latest EGM with the 2006 previews, I had totally missed a game I should have preordered - Phantasy Star Universe. Not sure if I'd get into the online part, but it looks like the offline might be worth it. I suppose I could switch one of my Zeldas to it... I'm going to see if the preorder signs are still up. But even if they are, GR is a real pain with that sort of thing - they tend not to honor deals even when they are posted on giant signs if they are over. I think that is contrary to most stores :D. I'd hate to open 2 games I might otherwise return (to TRU) only to be denied right under the giant "preorder for $29.99" sign :D.

[quote name='io']Did anyone see Mario & Luigi DS at their GR today? I'm heading out there this evening and am not hopeful. They still haven't gotten Viewtiful Joe for DS, and today is te release date for M&L - so even IF they get it like normal, I suppose it probably wouldn't be tomorrow (though I have been surprised in the past - they got Meteos on a Tues).
[/QUOTE]

I hope they get it in today the mario rpg's are the only rpg's i can stand to play. In fact I'm gonna head to gamerush RIGHT NOW!

So, any new on PD0 showing up for retail (I know they have rental copies).

I was tempted to pick up Kameo USED today at my GameRush, but I passed. They also had NBA Live 06 USED for 360. Nice deals, but I'll wait a while for Kameo

Now you've done it. I know for a fact that BB Corporate monitor this board. We've had at least two people that I know of be fired because of their posts. Posting information from your map will get you fired. Of course if you pm'd another fellow cagger who did not work for BB, then who would know the true source.

And I don't mean me. Apparently I'm being investigated for fraud by BB corporate, which is complete BS (This is what the DM told me, I'm fairly certain he was full of shit, but why risk it).

I have 8 xbox titles and PGR3 to trade. Since my store is still doing the 25% extra, should I do this now or wait for a Trade in promo? What would you guys do? Games are, Burnout Revenge, Burnout 3, Snowblind, Area 51, Pariah, Blitz 2003, and forgot what the other was...

I did my first 360 trading today -- NBA Live (ass) and NHL 2K6 -- and each was worth $35. Guy at the store said it was the first used 360 games they got in.

Picked up Half-Life 2 Xbox and EyeToy: Kinetic, both for $40. Kinetic came with the EyeToy, which I already have, but they didn't have any with just the game. With the sale, it's the same price anyway.

[quote name='doubledown']So, any new on PD0 showing up for retail (I know they have rental copies).

I was tempted to pick up Kameo USED today at my GameRush, but I passed. They also had NBA Live 06 USED for 360. Nice deals, but I'll wait a while for Kameo[/QUOTE]

What was the price on these? (Considering NBA Live and NHL 2K6 traded in for $35 ea, both $60 new)

Just called my GR...Crystal claims they have PDZ in...we'll see. She also told me they received 3 cores on Friday and are waiting on the next shipment.

i would jump on trading the games for the extra 25% now since the prices wont be as high if/when another trade in promo pops up.

Should I go ahead and trade in Mario Party 7 for $30? I haven't played it, and the reviews are making me think I'm probably just as well off with only Mario Party 4. Just not sure if that trade in will go up or sit at that point for a while.

It's too bad I cracked it open or I would try to return it for the full 49.99. They wouldn't happen to give me credit for the game and the microphone separately, would they? I doubt they'd require me to include the mic, and I should actually keep that, for future functionality.

My gamerush had PDZ, but I couldn't get the $10 discount. They also had some of the X-box 360 accessories as well. I saw the faceplates, the play and charge kit, and the X-box live gold package.

[quote name='shipwreck']Be careful what you post. We've had at least one Blockbuster employee get fired for posting information about deals on this site.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up everyone. I would think the company would appreciate the free advertising, but whatever... :roll: Well, now I know to just keep my mouth shut. :cool:

[quote name='reiji']Thanks for the heads-up everyone. I would think the company would appreciate the free advertising, but whatever... :roll: Well, now I know to just keep my mouth shut. :cool:[/QUOTE]

The company is not very intelligent. If you want to PM someone about any deals you see though, feel free to PM me or the OP.

Yeah, I'd find it hard to believe they monitor the thread that closely, otherwise tradein prices for certain titles would have plummeted already.

Speaking of - I wonder what Battlefront II will get tomorrow - hope it doesnt drop that much

Dave

[quote name='botticus']Should I go ahead and trade in Mario Party 7 for $30? I haven't played it, and the reviews are making me think I'm probably just as well off with only Mario Party 4. Just not sure if that trade in will go up or sit at that point for a while.

It's too bad I cracked it open or I would try to return it for the full 49.99. They wouldn't happen to give me credit for the game and the microphone separately, would they? I doubt they'd require me to include the mic, and I should actually keep that, for future functionality.[/QUOTE]

I have every Mario Party game since N64 and I enjoy this one just as much as I do the others. If you want to trade it in without the mic. Im sure you can. I traded DDR Mario Mix without the pad so that I could have an extra pad for my other DDR Mario that I got from them.

[quote name='stoned99']Now you've done it. I know for a fact that BB Corporate monitor this board. We've had at least two people that I know of be fired because of their posts. Posting information from your map will get you fired. Of course if you pm'd another fellow cagger who did not work for BB, then who would know the true source.

And I don't mean me. Apparently I'm being investigated for fraud by BB corporate, which is complete BS (This is what the DM told me, I'm fairly certain he was full of shit, but why risk it).[/QUOTE]

It's funny that they find time to moniter CAG forums but they can't even take the time to answer a letter I wrote to them over 3 weeks ago. I really hate blockbuster. My gamerushes manager has a personal vendetta against me. He put a warning on my account that no one can check me out except him. So I can't do anything at that store unless he's in. What kind of bullshit is that?

[quote name='MightySlacker']Yeah, I'd find it hard to believe they monitor the thread that closely, otherwise tradein prices for certain titles would have plummeted already.

Speaking of - I wonder what Battlefront II will get tomorrow - hope it doesnt drop that much

Dave[/QUOTE]

Yes if they truly monitored this thread, Dead to Rights 2's trade price would have been cut down to $5 WEEKS, if not months, ago. It's STILL $24!!!

So, are all 360 games trading for $35 then? I may trade Condemned when I'm finished with it. I'm on Chapter 5 right now. I hope my store gets some more used 360 games in. Maybe someone will trade in PD0, since I STILL DO NOT have it from GameRush. That sucks.

Do we still have a list of the 360 games in the system? Anything new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back