Anime Thread Sky Sapphire. Materialise. Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karsh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
snapshot200511292112060gs.jpg

Figure since Naruto and Bleach and FMP have all had their own Anime Topic, might as well give Mai-Otome it's own. Prolly not the best title, but I liked it at the time.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

And that's why you should watch Mai-Otome. It's easily THE best anime series this year.

Oh good, a new one. Now we can all consider the question: jung sbez jvyy Ubyybj Vpuvtb'f Mnacnxhgb gnxr?

[quote name='karsh']
snapshot200511292112060gs.jpg

Figure since Naruto and Bleach and FMP have all had their own Anime Topic, might as well give Mai-Otome it's own. Prolly not the best title, but I liked it at the time.[/QUOTE]

Bastard. :bomb::lol:;):applause: I was thinking of something similar to this. But I was going to put her special attack w/ the countdown. Too bad I didn't think the last thread would finish before I got back.

[quote name='jaykrue']Bastard. :bomb::lol:;):applause: I was thinking of something similar to this. But I was going to put her special attack w/ the countdown. Too bad I didn't think the last thread would finish before I got back.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Yeah. That might have been a better title, but for some reason when I kept thinking of an Otome title, the word materialise kept coming up so this was what came out. I almost went the FMA route, but I've done that as an OTT before.

[quote name='karsh']And that's why you should watch Mai-Otome. It's easily THE best anime series this year.[/QUOTE]isnt Mai-Otome the sequel/second season to some other series?

[quote name='jmcc']Oh good, a new one. Now we can all consider the question: jung sbez jvyy Ubyybj Vpuvtb'f Mnacnxhgb gnxr?[/QUOTE] I think it stays the same, although I do believe his actual body will change in some way

[quote name='jmcc']I think SS may have just had her confined, spirit pressure wise. As far as I know, the gigai was the only thing [from Urahara] sapping her power.[/QUOTE] I think that the tower that Rukia was confined in was made of some material that sapped spirit power, was it not?

[quote name='LiquidNight']isnt Mai-Otome the sequel/second season to some other series?[/QUOTE]

It's the sequel in spirit to Mai-HiME. It uses the same characters (plus some new ones) but recasts them in new roles.

[quote name='karsh']It's the sequel in spirit to Mai-HiME. It uses the same characters (plus some new ones) but recasts them in new roles.[/QUOTE]

That's why I wouldn't call it a sequel per se. It's more akin to a 'remake'. Kinda like how old skool movies are remade to suit modern 21st century audiences... only Mai Otome doesn't suck. :lol:

[quote name='LiquidNight']I think it stays the same, although I do believe his actual body will change in some way[/quote]
Yeah, I'm tending to think that, too, but he's weird in most other ways. Who knows what it will turn out to be?
[quote name='LiquidNight']I think that the tower that Rukia was confined in was made of some material that sapped spirit power, was it not?[/QUOTE]
It was, but she was outside to be shuffled around at a few points, so I think that collar thing she's got on serves some similar function.

[quote name='karsh']And that's why you should watch Mai-Otome. It's easily THE best anime series this year.[/QUOTE]
Unless, of course, you count Honey and Clover, Paradise Kiss, Kamichu!, Air, Ah! My Goddes, Glass Mask, or Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid.

Oh, and Monster and Gankutsuou, if you want to include shows that spent the majority of their run in 2005. Those two are the real winners of the past year, by far.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Unless, of course, you count Honey and Clover, Paradise Kiss, Kamichu!, Air, Ah! My Goddes, Glass Mask, or Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid.

Oh, and Monster and Gankutsuou, if you want to include shows that spent the majority of their run in 2005. Those two are the real winners of the past year, by far.[/QUOTE]

Never saw most of those and quite frankly, they don't appeal to me. Can't count FMP!TSR cause it really is just a continuation of FMP, so I don't consider it a new series, just a new season of FMP. The only thing there I really want to watch is Monster, but no one at my college has it and BT won't work on campus. So I haven't been able to watch it.

[quote name='karsh']Never saw most of those and quite frankly, they don't appeal to me. Can't count FMP!TSR cause it really is just a continuation of FMP, so I don't consider it a new series, just a new season of FMP. The only thing there I really want to watch is Monster, but no one at my college has it and BT won't work on campus. So I haven't been able to watch it.[/QUOTE]You can't just change the port settings? Or is it more devious than that?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']You can't just change the port settings? Or is it more devious than that?[/QUOTE]

I've tried changing the port settings, but I think the school has managed to come up with some other way to block torrents, cause it was working for awhile but now it won't and changing the ports doesn't really do anything at all. I'll have to see if I changing the ports to something else can get it to work again. The other problem is that they'll notice if I start taking up bandwidth enough to download some of Monster, and I'm not sure how they'll react to seeing a chunk of their bandwidth going to one place.

Well what do ya know...BitComet is working again. That's always nice to know. Time to find me somewhere to get Monster.

[quote name='karsh']Well what do ya know...BitComet is working again. That's always nice to know. Time to find me somewhere to get Monster.[/QUOTE]

School networks typically blacklist certain ports so you might want to change them to more obscure ones. Choose an uncommon port within the range of 10000-65535 as anything under is most likely either used for other protocols (like 80 for http) or is blacklisted by most schools (like 6881-6891).

[quote name='karsh']Well what do ya know...BitComet is working again. That's always nice to know. Time to find me somewhere to get Monster.[/QUOTE]I've been getting them from soldats, but they're only up to 63 (and that one just came out).

[quote name='karsh']And that's why you should watch Mai-Otome. It's easily THE best anime series this year.[/QUOTE]
You still haven't learned yet. My taste =/= your taste. :lol: ;)

[quote name='jaykrue']DB's 'bleach 60' is hilarious! :lol:

"Please, nigga!"[/QUOTE]For a second I thought "how did I miss that?" and then I remembered that 60 isn't out 'til next week and it's probably a joke. :lol:

And there are 2 versions now ...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']For a second I thought "how did I miss that?" and then I remembered that 60 isn't out 'til next week and it's probably a joke. :lol:

And there are 2 versions now ...[/QUOTE]

hence the quotes around bleach 60.:lol:;)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Not much going on this week. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

you kinda had to expect that I mean we are about to start a most likely huge arc, because Sasuke comes before everything else since they are working with a DEADline, also its nice to have a lil humor it is sort of the calm before the storm.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:whistle2:s Why did Studio Pierrot mix up my Naruto with some japanese Scooby-Doo? :lol:[/QUOTE]

haha, all they need is Pakkun. I am sure next week's ep will take place at the old broken down ninja amusement park

Well, after a nice 42 hour download, I finally finished downloading the first 26 episodes of Monster, so that should prove interesting to watch later on.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I've been getting them from soldats, but they're only up to 63 (and that one just came out).[/QUOTE]64 and 65 are out now. Weeks of nothing, and then 3 at once? I guess I shouldn't complain. :lol:

Why was anyone ever surprised by Naruto filler? Under 15 episodes in and they waste a third of an episode with pointless recap and the other two thirds with DBZ-level pacing.

[quote name='jmcc']Why was anyone ever surprised by Naruto filler? Under 15 episodes in and they waste a third of an episode with pointless recap and the other two thirds with DBZ-level pacing.[/QUOTE]
What recap? I watched it again and it's pretty much an Naruto-themed episode of Scooby Do without the talking dog, and it was a shame that Pakkun didn't appear and complete the picture.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What recap? I watched it again and it's pretty much an Naruto-themed episode of Scooby Do without the talking dog, and it was a shame that Pakkun didn't appear and complete the picture.[/QUOTE]

well obviously Kakashi is going to show up so u never know if he will bring out his cute ninja dogs

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']well obviously Kakashi is going to show up so u never know if he will bring out his cute ninja dogs[/QUOTE]
Maybe, though Pakkun is the only talking one from what I remember unless Kiba shows up and he gets high in the process.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What recap? I watched it again and it's pretty much an Naruto-themed episode of Scooby Do without the talking dog, and it was a shame that Pakkun didn't appear and complete the picture.[/QUOTE]
No, I mean the Cartoon Network showing. They had like 8 minutes of recap in episode 14. And then a bunch of talking. How did this show sustain itself, assuming it gets good later?

[quote name='jmcc']No, I mean the Cartoon Network showing. They had like 8 minutes of recap in episode 14. And then a bunch of talking. How did this show sustain itself, assuming it gets good later?[/QUOTE]
There's only 5 more episodes until this arc is over and then the chuunin exam is up next. While these episodes are a little slow, the suspense is pretty high and I think the shock of Haku being a male is still prevalent.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's only 5 more episodes until this arc is over and then the chuunin exam is up next. While these episodes are a little slow, the suspense is pretty high and I think the shock of Haku being a male is still prevalent.[/QUOTE]
I just don't recall the manga having this much dead air. Get to fighting, you're a shonen series!

[quote name='jmcc']I just don't recall the manga having this much dead air. Get to fighting, you're a shonen series![/QUOTE]
Actually, the pacing is pretty much the same at this point.

I just downloaded Bleach 60 from dattebayo and its been urbanized, for a lack of a better word. What the hell is up with that, is it a new thing they're doing?

[quote name='jmcc']Why was anyone ever surprised by Naruto filler? Under 15 episodes in and they waste a third of an episode with pointless recap and the other two thirds with DBZ-level pacing.[/QUOTE]I don't see how they're going to keep from having a shit-ton of filler once part 2 starts, given that the average manga chapter now translates to roughly 3 minutes of screen time.

[quote name='dcfox']I just downloaded Bleach 60 from dattebayo and its been urbanized, for a lack of a better word. What the hell is up with that, is it a new thing they're doing?[/QUOTE]
This wasn't the episode you're looking for. Move along.

I normally avoid the anime threads, because you guys scare me.

However, I was in Hot Topic yesterday, and found something really cool.
They've got Vash the Stampede jackets for sale.

But at $90 for what's essentially a costume (it was crappy quality) there was no way I'd buy it.

I did get a picture of me in it though.

Edit: Thumbnailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back