PS3 "Boomerang" Controller Criticism Addressed

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:26 PM

So is Sony admitting that their Dual Shock controller was bad and unhealthy? Should we all sue Sony for their part in causing Carpal Tunnel
Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw back my head and gargle. Just gargle and gargle, and I don't care who hears me, because I am beautiful.

#32 omegaweapon7

omegaweapon7

King of MaSiVe DaMage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:43 PM

yea i thought sony won that lawsuit, i mean the DS is copied by alot of controllers.

#33 asianxcore

asianxcore

...to the moon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:49 PM

I really don't like the new PS3 controller, but I guess I'll wait until I have one in my hands to ass any further judgement.

#34 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:32 AM

I really don't like the new PS3 controller, but I guess I'll wait until I have one in my hands to ass any further judgement.

Sony really is trying to reach a new demographic!

#35 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:18 AM

The design of Sony's Dual Shock is perfect for me, far better than the Gamecube's or any other console I own.

#36 Technique

Technique

I AM THE SECRAT INGREDINT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 06:24 AM

Hmm, we'll just have to wait and see if it is confortable or not.

#37 orntar

orntar

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:46 PM

maybe you guys have seen this...

http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/

pretty cool.

#38 jeffreyjrose

jeffreyjrose

Sporadic Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:07 PM

Is it just me or does everyone else already hold their wrists at an angle when using the current dual shock? The grips on the dual shock are already angled. I'm not quite sure what this is showing. This is exactly how I pictured holding the boomerang controller when I saw it. I still don't like the design because I don't like the analog sticks to be right beside each other on the same plane. It's great for Katamari, but for everything else, it just feels more natural to have them like the Xbox or Gamecube have them.

I really don't think this answers anybody's concerns about the boomerang. Maybe I'm missing something?

I agree completely with your comments, Shipwreck. Don't get me wrong, the design makes sense from an ergonomics viewpoint, but I don't think that the position is that much of a change over the current gen controllers. I suppose time will tell (both if they choose to go with this controller and if I get to test it in store before making a PS3 purchase).
Posted Image

#39 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:08 PM

I'm not a big fan of the design, but I am a fan of comfort. Granted I rarely feel akward, or get pain from the dualshock, but there is the occasional all nighter where I have to put the controller down and workout my hands. Also this design seems to benefit my future as a gamer. I plan to play games until my last breath and at that age some controllers would not work to well in my brittle hands. I think this is a good step forward for the older gamer, but as many have stated, "why change a good thing", minor changes would have sufficed. Also I feel Sony is marketing their own design as to not have any more lawsuits from other companies...Dualshock...cough..cough..we stole the idea..cough.
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#40 funkymunkyluc

funkymunkyluc

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:25 AM

How can anyone think it won't be comfrontable its the new generation of playstation of course there gonna make the damn thing comfrontable
Currently playing:Madden NFL 06, Guitar Hero, MLB 06 The Show

#41 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

How can anyone think it won't be uncomfrontable its the new generation of playstation of course there gonna make the damn thing comfrontable

I don't know what this "comfrontable" is that you speak of but I'll be happy if it's comfortable.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Luther season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#42 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:23 PM

Is it just me or does everyone else already hold their wrists at an angle when using the current dual shock? The grips on the dual shock are already angled. I'm not quite sure what this is showing. This is exactly how I pictured holding the boomerang controller when I saw it. I still don't like the design because I don't like the analog sticks to be right beside each other on the same plane. It's great for Katamari, but for everything else, it just feels more natural to have them like the Xbox or Gamecube have them.

I really don't think this answers anybody's concerns about the boomerang. Maybe I'm missing something?

It's not just you, I actually think this will be much more uncomfortable than the DS2 is. Let's face it when we play games we move our fingers alot. Sure this controller is a good fit when our hands are releaxed but I see some problems (especially if you have bigger hands), especially on games that may involve heavy use of the shoulder buttons.

#43 salmonaxxx

salmonaxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:26 AM

The one criticism I can make of the DS2 is that you have to bend your wrists to hold it. Which can be tiresome after a while, and if you have carpal tunnel, it's hell. The boomerang seems to address this, but I dunno.

#44 Alpha2

Alpha2

Custom user Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2005 - 12:19 AM

The problem is people are USED to the DS2 shape, and will try to hold it just lke the old one making their adjustment difficult. And then you have to wonder if the new shape will effect your quality of control one you do adjust to it.

Honestly it just dosent make a whole lot of sense. I just want them to make sure I can use my old controllers because I'll be damned if I have to buy all new peripheral controllers like new dance mats, steering wheels, or guncon's just because they chose not to put a standard plug on the thing.
http://therealalpha2.deviantart.com/

Oh so now you are using intelligence and common sense to win the arguement...that's low man! This is CAG and you aren't allowed to do that.

#45 MadFlava

MadFlava

Sa Da Tay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:34 AM

From the initial pictures it looks like any plug in devices will have to be USB. I'm sure there will be some type of hub adapter that will allow us to use several DS2 with the PS3 (hopefully the hub will be wireless). Anyway, I'm not to thrilled by the boomer-rang design although sometimes the DS2 gives me blisters on my fingers when I play extended amount of times.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#46 Lorddraco07

Lorddraco07

aka Nirran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:11 AM

Not bad but still looks a bit uncomfortable for a person with big hands.