Best Buy Trade-In Values for Used Games "DEVIL CUSTOMERS UNITE"

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyknoxville

CAGiversary!
If your Best Buy is involved in the used game program here are some trade in prices.

XBOX

$30
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars Ep 3
Time Splitters Future Perfect
Dead to Rights 2
Juiced
Burnout Revenge

Star Wars KOTOR 2
Def Jam Fight For NY

Catwomen
Breakdown
PS2

$30
Star Wars Ep3
Dead to Rights 2
Guilty Gear Iskuka(sp?)
Shadow of Rome
GTA Double Pack
Bloodrayne 2
Madden 2005 Collectors

Get on Da Mic

Bombastic

Game Cube

LOTR: The 3rd Age

Freestyle Soccer

Metroid Prime

I developed a system for trade in values at best buy. Take the value that they sale it for and take 60-75% of it, and that should be the trade in value. For lower valued games, the percentage is about 50% (EX: Sale 14.99, trade in at 7.50) But for New games its really high (Sales for 40, trades in for 30).

Game values VARY a lot, as they can scan in a game, and it comes up, but there’s 2 different UPC or Bar codes for it, and the worker can just pick either one. Freestyle varies from 4 to 7.50 based on which bar code the worker feels like picking.

There's a "Rule" that you can trade in only the same game 3 times in a 12 month period, but I have yet to see it enforced.

DEVIL CUSTOMERS UNITE!

*****There’s a promo right now, where you can get an additional 5 dollars when you trade in a game to buy a X360 game or accessory.

I hope they expand this program. It would be awesome to get $30 for a game like Breakdown (that Best Buy was selling for $5 in the Spring)

FYI, both Breakdown for Xbox and Dead to Rights for PS2, are $9.99 @ TRU. The same is said for Guilty Gear Isuka (PS2) and Dead to Rights for Xbox.

[quote name='asianxcore']FYI, both Breakdown for Xbox and Dead to Rights for PS2, are $9.99 @ TRU. The same is said for Guilty Gear Isuka (PS2) and Dead to Rights for Xbox.[/QUOTE]

How do we identify a BestBuy as accepting Traded games, is there any info on line or do you just see signage in the store ?

oh and where do you trade the games in? mine does trades but i have no idea where in the store the trades are done. any exclusions for trades in general and the promo?

Is there any type of store locator to let us know which ones accept trade ins? Or is it a matter of going down to your local and asking?
With trade in prices so high, I don't expect this to last long :p

There are usually signs saying they accept trade ins. Usually they have a backstop or a wall filled with their used games, and the computer to trade in games should not be far from there, as I have seen in most of the Best Buys I went to.

There's nothing online about game trades on the website that I have found. This program is still being tested across the nation, but for some reason I think they have moved on to expansion. There used to be only 1 BB that would do trade in's and now all of them in my area do it.

[quote name='stoned99']How do we identify a BestBuy as accepting Traded games, is there any info on line or do you just see signage in the store ?[/QUOTE]

last time I checked, there was an article in September that said they were only doing 4 test stores located in California and Illinois.

[quote name='asianxcore']last time I checked, there was an article in September that said they were only doing 4 test stores located in California and Illinois.[/QUOTE]Let me guess how their 'test' will end up...

[quote name='Owen']Is that an additional $5 each or $5 total for the trade in deal?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's $5 each as long as you buy a 360 game or accessory. While I was doing my trade the CSR's were being shown how to do it and I overheard the trainer telling them this.
Hey Billyknoxville, great thread man! I didn't want to start it because I believe you should get the credit for this one. Afterall, you told me about it and now I'm gonna reap the rewards.

[quote name='zootedgranny']After a quick search, here's a link to Best Buy's trade-in site (which also shows that they take in other electronics for trade):

http://tradein.bestbuy.com/index.asp

As of now, it only lists 7 stores: 4 in Chicago, IL & 3 in LA, CA[/QUOTE]

I know that list is not complete, because I know 4 stores in CA that are not on that list, and those are the ones I frequent.

So you guys check around your BB!

[quote name='billyknoxville']I know that list is not complete, because I know 4 stores in CA that are not on that list, and those are the ones I frequent.

So you guys check around your BB![/QUOTE]

Where in CA are the stores you go to?

[quote name='billyknoxville']I know that list is not complete, because I know 4 stores in CA that are not on that list, and those are the ones I frequent.

What stores might those be?

So is Costa Mesa or Westminister on your list ?

Hahahaha! The website is "technology trade in"... It's like a pawn shop chain! Maybe they'll have employees dressed up in Nascar tshirts as the "redneck squad", who drive around in Ford Ranger pickups instead of white Beetles.

I'm really curious as to if they'll expand this after they test the waters of it in IL and CA.

is there one in los angeles? do the games have to be complete or can you trade disc only? the rules say serial numbers intact, but games dont have serial numbers, or do they?

The stores where I have been to that accept trade in's are:

CA

Moreno Valley
Riverside
San Bernadino(sp?)
Gilroy

I recently went to the costa mesa and tustin BB, and it does not do trade ins. That was like a month ago, They could have changed by now. It seemed like my local BB changed over a period of a week, so here's hoping that your local BB has changed to accept trade ins.

You can trade in games disc only, and they'll just look up the game title. Condition does not seem to be a huge factor, as most times I just see them open the case to check if the game is there, and that's it.

Hmmm....I might have to try this as last time I was at my local TRU, they have plenty of D2R 2 and Bloodrayne. 3 of each would net me a cool $120 before tax is taken into account. I think they had some Breakdowns still too. I fear these are not universal prices though but I guess I could be wrong.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Any sites where you can see which of the best buy stores in your area accept trade-ins?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zootedgranny']After a quick search, here's a link to Best Buy's trade-in site (which also shows that they take in other electronics for trade):

http://tradein.bestbuy.com/index.asp

As of now, it only lists 7 stores: 4 in Chicago, IL & 3 in LA, CA[/QUOTE]

(1st page) :)

edit: i forgot to mention that billy has done a few trade ins to bb's not on the list too.

So....un.....fucking.....fair....

One more reason to hate BB....now if they bring this to my area, I'll consider them 10% redeemed.

Just got back from trading at BB. $30 for D2R2, Bloodrayne 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect. Star wars KOTR 2 only got me $12.60 as opposed to the $30 that Billyknoxville got. I also traded a Cold Fear and got $7.50 for it. All were Xbox versions. So, to sum up, I spent about $50 cash and got $170.10 on a Best Buy gift card. Righteous!!!

[quote name='eraser813']Just got back from trading at BB. $30 for D2R2, Bloodrayne 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect. Star wars KOTR 2 only got me $12.60 as opposed to the $30 that Billyknoxville got. I also traded a Cold Fear and got $7.50 for it. All were Xbox versions. So, to sum up, I spent about $50 cash and got $170.10 on a Best Buy gift card. Righteous!!![/QUOTE]

Burbank Best Buy?

I am going to head over there in 30 minutes with some crap to trade in. Did they say anything about he extra 5 credit when used towards 360 stuff?

Damn I may just have to hit them up, maybe store credit my way to a 360! Gilroy is right across the street from Target so I could just flip on them. Serves them right for bot giving me back my $10 refund for their last clearance sale.

Go get'em Redeema! I did my thing at the San Bernardino store. The guy there said there were 18 stores in total doing the trade in thing and the Burbank store was the only one he thought that was doing the whole Technology trade program.

Went today, the guy knew nothing about the extra trade in money on 360 products. Here is a list of trade in values.

Ninja Gaiden - $9.50
Shenmue 2 - $4.50
Otogi 1 - $7.50
Animal Crossing - $7.50 (they dont take the memory card)
doom 3 - $15
Panzor Dragoon Orta - $4.00
Voodoo Vince - $7.50

Total - $55

Overall not bad seeing as I got most of these for free thanks to GR.

I guess I'll try to hit up the Joliet or Orland Park Best Buys then since I could use some DVD's. I'll see what games I can find to bring up there and report back some trade in prices when I get the chance.

BTW, what's their policy on cash/credit? Do they give cash, and if so do they take a percentage off like EB/Gamestop?

[quote name='TimPV3']I guess I'll try to hit up the Joliet or Orland Park Best Buys then since I could use some DVD's. I'll see what games I can find to bring up there and report back some trade in prices when I get the chance.

BTW, what's their policy on cash/credit? Do they give cash, and if so do they take a percentage off like EB/Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

holy shaq fu. The ones on that list are a little too far away, but burbank is almost close enough to go to.

I will check out santa monica and westwood and culver city, i need to pick up san andreas for $15 anyways but i can also check on penny guides.\

I really hope best buy starts doing this in los angeles/culver city/santa monica i would rape them senseless the way i got over on them with those GGCs over the years.(the f*ucktards that work best buy took like a year or 2 to realize that the GGC worked on games under $20, i can just imagine how behind they will be on updating their trade in values.)

Finally got lucky and found some of those great psp clearance games at Target today. This is my first time finding great deals at Target. They had several Tiger Wood games and about 8 Gretzky's. I know the GR values...wonder what the Best Buy values are? Whoa, it sounds weird just to say that!

The BB in West Covina by the mall in SoCal takes trade ins. I got Sonic Battle for the GBA for like 7 bucks a few weeks ago.

Best buy trade in's for today: PSP Tiger Woods pga tour
Gretzky Hockey
World Tour Soccer
All are worth $21 in trade.
NDS Sprung
worth $5.50

I bought a 360 accesory for $12 (rechargable batt) and got an extra $5 per game added on! So I traded in a total of 6 games for $110.50 plus got and extra $30 for a total of $140.50 credit. I really wonder how long these values will last before they wise up.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']

form of...water?

I got nothin

[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who got the "Wonder Twins" reference?
Damn I'm old....

Do they also except consoles for trade in credit? If so how much would my green xbox halo edition give me?

[quote name='RavenHawk']Am I the only one who got the "Wonder Twins" reference?
Damn I'm old....[/QUOTE]

It hadn't occured to me that someone might not get the reference.

[quote name='khamui']Do they also except consoles for trade in credit? If so how much would my green xbox halo edition give me?[/QUOTE]

While I have no idea if they accept them or not, I can't imagine they would pay enough to make it worth your while.

yo eraser813, I asked the bestbuy guy that if you get 5 extra for each game, and the dude looked confused. How do you get the person to find out? Also, do you guys feel scared when they input your personal information. They can't do anything legally, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back