CheapyD's Ramen Thread

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#31 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:50 PM

It's an old thread but thought I'd share what Ms. Rodimus and myself made today:

Itadakimasu:
Posted Image

About 6 minutes later:
Posted Image

#32 kaaspeer

kaaspeer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:08 PM

It's an old thread but thought I'd share what Ms. Rodimus and myself made today:

I like your spoon.
Best Ramen i've ever had were in a Miso soup at a local japanese restaurant. But i'm not a big ramen eater.

#33 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:31 PM

I got that spoon at a $1 in Japan. Had it for years. I'm not even a big One Piece fan but I did like that spoon. I'm surprised that the graphic's never faded.

#34 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:28 AM

Hey Cheapy, do you remember what type of Ramen we ate when I came to visit? I've been jonesin for some Ramen and I can't what kind we ate.

Posted Image

#35 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:00 AM

Sadly, no noodle places around here (Kentucky), but as for the instant stuff, I have two loves:

Thai Kitchen Tofu Miso Udon Soup, and Sapporo Ichiban Yakisoba.

Very good, though not the best thing to take for a lunch at work, since there might be seaweed stuck in your teeth afterwards.

/apologies for the mental image

laytonicksig.png
image,Sailor-spc-Neorune,black,red.png

PLAYING Pokémon X, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
WATCHING DNAngel, Saiyuki, Fullmetal Alchemist
READING Illusion

#36 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:15 AM

I got that spoon at a $1 in Japan. Had it for years. I'm not even a big One Piece fan but I did like that spoon. I'm surprised that the graphic's never faded.

What were those white flower shaped things with the pink swirls on them? That doesnt look like anything that occurs in nature.

I used to go to he Yaohan (now Mitsuwa) supermarket near me and get Rockman ramen, aka Megaman.

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#37 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:34 AM

Wow old thread. Hey Cheapy, I've heard tales of Ramen with soft serve ice cream dropped in. Supposedly it's going to be the next big thing. Any truth to this?

#38 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:37 AM

Wow old thread. Hey Cheapy, I've heard tales of Ramen with soft serve ice cream dropped in. Supposedly it's going to be the next big thing. Any truth to this?

I've never once come across this.
Posted Image

#39 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:03 AM

I've never once come across this.

I first heard about it here (warning: some parts of his site are NSFW) and some friends of mine told me they had sampled it there on their honeymoon. If you find it, give it a shot I guess.

#40 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:21 AM

I first heard about it here (warning: some parts of his site are NSFW) and some friends of mine told me they had sampled it there on their honeymoon. If you find it, give it a shot I guess.

Hot damn, I'll just make my own!
Posted Image

#41 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:32 PM

What were those white flower shaped things with the pink swirls on them? That doesnt look like anything that occurs in nature.

That's called Naruto.... seriously. It's pretty much egg based. I'm not a huge fan of it but it goes good in ramen.

#42 linkpwns

linkpwns

Oh hey guys

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:49 PM

I'm hungry as hell, thanks you guys...

Someone needs to alert Chacrana to this thread
Posted Image

#43 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:14 PM

RAMEN DAIOH!!!!!

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#44 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

Great, now we got Chac thread crapping here too. Way to go.

#45 510gamer

510gamer

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:13 AM

Excellent on cold days and Tamales but not both at the same time. ;)

Posted Image

#46 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:30 AM

The best ramen I've ever had was in Fukuoka.

It's their specialty down there.

#47 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:06 AM

Never been to Fukuoka, but I did have some great Ramen near Mt. Fuji. Forgot the towns name but it took us an hour to sit down and eat. The soup was amazing, never tasted anything like it in my life.

My wife and myself watched a Japanese T.V. program about the top Ramen Resturants in Japan and this particular one was in the top 10. The broth was some kinda super secret recipe which made the establishment famous, hence the long wait.

#48 IOnceWasLegend

IOnceWasLegend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:55 PM

Never been to Fukuoka, but I did have some great Ramen near Mt. Fuji. Forgot the towns name but it took us an hour to sit down and eat. The soup was amazing, never tasted anything like it in my life.

My wife and myself watched a Japanese T.V. program about the top Ramen Resturants in Japan and this particular one was in the top 10. The broth was some kinda super secret recipe which made the establishment famous, hence the long wait.

Ippuuden, right? I lived for a year in Okayama, and they had one right near the train station...passed by it hundreds of times, but only ate there for the first time two and a half months before leaving.

My taste buds wept in sheer joy at how good that ramen is.

#49 xeverex18

xeverex18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:32 PM

where do you live by. I just got here like 3 months ago in yokosuka in the navy base, you should show me around.

#50 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

Ippuuden, right? I lived for a year in Okayama, and they had one right near the train station...passed by it hundreds of times, but only ate there for the first time two and a half months before leaving.

My taste buds wept in sheer joy at how good that ramen is.

I'm not 100% sure, but the soup had these black spots in it. Sound like the same place?

Damn now I want ramen. Good thing I have some at home. Maybe tomarrow will be a ramen day.

BTW South Florida sucks for Japanese cuisine. Infact the best place to eat it is at my home.

#51 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:24 AM

Does anybody know of a good cheap place on the internet to buy authentic instant ramen from?

#52 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:25 AM

Does anybody know of a good cheap place on the internet to buy authentic instant ramen from?

I get mine from a Japanese Market. If you live in or near a major city theres got to be a few around. As for a internet site, sorry, I don't know.

#53 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:53 PM

I get mine from a Japanese Market. If you live in or near a major city theres got to be a few around. As for a internet site, sorry, I don't know.

Yeah I know where my nearest Asian Market is, but it is kinda far away that is why I wanted to look online.

#54 beerguy961

beerguy961

I'm gonna get tore up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:40 AM

If there's a large asian population in your city, there's bound to be a ramen shop around. I can't wait to get some where I go back to the Bay Area.

#55 muddyjunk

muddyjunk

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:54 PM

That's called Naruto.... seriously. It's pretty much egg based. I'm not a huge fan of it but it goes good in ramen.

It contains egg white, but it's mostly fish. Basically, it's a fish bologna. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamaboko

#56 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:55 AM

i've had some good ramen with gyoza in tokyo (near waseda university) for a little over 700 yen. Mmm I'd like to have that again.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#57 Axion22

Axion22

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:48 PM

It contains egg white, but it's mostly fish. Basically, it's a fish bologna. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamaboko

Awesome, I'd been eating it w/o knowing the name at the local sushi place...

#58 It'sMagneto

It'sMagneto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:15 AM

That vegetable Ramen looks good. Other one looks kind of meh.

#59 billyrox

billyrox

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:29 AM

Kamaboko= good

#60 Exu

Exu

CAGow Broker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:51 AM

Exu's Ramen Adventure:
Posted Image

Actually, I loved those for years until they said they'd cut out 50% salt.
I'm all for companies making their products healthier, but this move had the unfortunate side-effect of completely ruining the taste.
Posted Image