I felt my first earthquake!

Bananas. Hope nobody got hurt - being drunk, did you have a moment of balance clarity?

Hey there...I'm new.

I lived in Japan for 3 years, and I go there every year still. Chances are I'll probably live there again at some point in the near future.

Anyway, about the earthquakes...get used to them! :D There was one period of time where we had an earthquake twice a week for like a month.

Whereabouts are you? I was all over, but spent most of the time in Yokohama. Now I'm a game developer here on the East Coast US.

[quote name='Dkellar']Just wait till you experience your first Godzilla attack![/QUOTE]

Make it a Rodan vs Godzilla attack, it's reasons like those he got that sexy camera phone.

[quote name='WackyNutty']

Whereabouts are you? I was all over, but spent most of the time in Yokohama. Now I'm a game developer here on the East Coast US.[/QUOTE]

Really? Tell us about it.

[quote name='Dkellar']Just wait till you experience your first Godzilla attack![/QUOTE]

:rofl: Awesome...

godzilla.jpg

first earthquake? at first i thought that was weird because youre old (i mean not really, but ya know) but then i remembred i live in california, so maybe some people arent used to them

[quote name='iheartmetal']first earthquake? at first i thought that was weird because youre old (i mean not really, but ya know) but then i remembred i live in california, so maybe some people arent used to them[/QUOTE]

Have you ever watched fresh prince of bel-air? Remember the episode where will is hiding under a desk due to an earthquake? Well that would be me. I've never, ever felt any earthquake, no matter how minor. A few months ago there was a very small one in the neighboring town (no damage, injuries etc.). Most people didn't even feel it, but the police station lit up with calls about the ground shaking as people didn't know what was going on.

There is a fault line somewhere around here, but it has very minimal activity. The vast majority of residents around here, if asked, would tell you they've never felt an earthquake however minor. Im sure a lot of residents don't even know we've had very minor earthquakes.

Though, according to some info on google, there was a large (6.2) earthquake around here in 1755.

We actually had a quake in my neck of the woods last year. I think it was only in the 4 range but it could be felt. It was weird.

[quote name='Dkellar']Just wait till you experience your first Godzilla attack![/QUOTE]dude, while a perfectly normal person in America,
In Japan, Cheapy is Godzilla

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Have you ever watched fresh prince of bel-air? Remember the episode where will is hiding under a desk due to an earthquake? Well that would be me. I've never, ever felt any earthquake, no matter how minor. A few months ago there was a very small one in the neighboring town (no damage, injuries etc.). Most people didn't even feel it, but the police station lit up with calls about the ground shaking as people didn't know what was going on.

There is a fault line somewhere around here, but it has very minimal activity. The vast majority of residents around here, if asked, would tell you they've never felt an earthquake however minor. Im sure a lot of residents don't even know we've had very minor earthquakes.

Though, according to some info on google, there was a large (6.2) earthquake around here in 1755.[/QUOTE]

No But I remember the one when phil is running down the stairs and Will yells "EARTHQUAKE!!!!" that was funny

Wacky Nutty can you tell us about yourself, like why you were in japan and what company you develop games for

Earthquakes aren't bad as long as no one gets hurt. I felt a few when I lived in Seattle and the 6.5 one that rocked Seattle got us the rest of the school day off (granted we had to sit in the gym, the only part of the school that wasn't 100 years old, for 3 hours...)

bread's done
Back