Other Games Similar to Animal Crossing?

bordjon

CAGiversary!
Hello - my girlfriend really likes animal crossing - but we've almost played it out and I'm trying to find some other games that are similar to it. Things she likes about it - she can play at her on pace and the controls are fairly simple - there is lots of collecting to do - she likes the collecting and arranging the house - definately collecting stuff.

It doesn't have to be on gamecube - we have ps2 and xbox also and she is pretty familiar with all three systems (she likes karaoke revolution, ddr, and guitar hero also)

Thanks for your help!

Theres really nothing like AC. Harvest Moon is often referred to, only because its often liked by the same group of people as AC.
I myself LOVE HM and AC. Both have their own strengths and weaknesses, and ive spent MANY a day playing them.

By the way, if you get an HM game, PS2 and GCN have the worst selection.
If you want HM at its best, try the PS1 "Back to Nature," HM64, or GBA "Friends of Mineral Town."
A wonderful life for GCN is a disappointment. Not entirely bad, but its missing that little something that makes HM magical. The PS2 game is often referred to as the worst in the HM world (mostly because you cant get married.)

The Sims, The Sims 2, any of the Harvest Moon games and I'm even going to toss in Jurassic Park.

I too am female and I like all of these games. Don't toss Jurassic Park off the list too fast as a guy's game. I prefer Animal Crossing, but of the list, Jurassic Park would be my 2nd choice. My daughter prefers Harvest Moon to Animal Crossing though, but her 1st choice would be The Sims. She's 14.

I'm not sure which of the Roller Coaster Tycoon games is on console either. We buy those; actually The Sims too, for the computer.

Do you mean Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis? If that's what you mean, I agree, I played it for a bit and was suprised at how good it was.. very roller coaster tycoon-ish.

Another vote for Harvest Moon, though i've only played the 64 version.

[quote name='Scorch']Do you mean Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis? If that's what you mean, I agree, I played it for a bit and was suprised at how good it was.. very roller coaster tycoon-ish.

Another vote for Harvest Moon, though i've only played the 64 version.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is the game I am talking about. I'm not sure what all systems it's on, but I have it for the Xbox. It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but for those that like this type of game, it's a good one. IMO anyway.

I don't really like how you're limited to getting so much of 1 item, but it seems that all these types of games limit you to some degree. I'm sure it's a memory thing and when they start pumping out more memory in the consoles, I think we'll see great improvements in this area. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the next generation!

There's really nothing like Animal Crossing... although I have yet to play the DS version. The funny thing is AC was initially released in Japan as a N64 title, just goes to show you that a more powerful machine does not mean a better game, graphics and sound only go so far. Pity most developers didn't learn anything along those lines from AC.

bread's done
Back