Rallisport Challenge 2 $29.99 at Ebgames.com

gg EBgames.com on the preowned costing more than the new

I hope it gets fixed in-store soon, I'd buy it for $26.99 - that 20% off bag.

Yet another quality Xbox title that completely tanked. You know, there's no point in buying any Xbox game that doesn't have "Tom Clancy" in the title that doesn't drop $20 inside of 3 months.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Yet another quality Xbox title that completely tanked. You know, there's no point in buying any Xbox game that doesn't have "Tom Clancy" in the title that doesn't drop $20 inside of 3 months.[/quote]

actually within 3 months of both Splinter Cell releases you could find them for 30 (the first one at BB and the second at Compusa)

it dropped in store too today. Tomorrow they will drop the preown price, unless it is a week sale.

I personally am thinking it is a universal price drop because the game isn't selling well. Don't ask me why because it is a great driving game.

Anyone else tired of buying a good game right when it comes out, only to have it drop in price 6 weeks after release? Granted, I got RSC2 for nearly free, but still. Like someone mentioned above, if it doesn't have the word "Halo" or "Tom Clancy" printed on it, watch it tank in price. Heh, I wouldn't be suprised if Riddick or Full Spectrum Warrior tanked next.

DAMN IT! I just got the game used last week at Game Crzy for $41.99 used (I traded in some games to knock the price down to $18 or so). If I would have waited a little longer, I could have saved some money if this were a universal price drop. This is pretty much the same thing that happened when I bought Project Gotham Racing 2. Two weeks later, the price was dropped $20 from what I paid.

I guess it seems like a rule of thumb now that any game published by Microsoft that isn't Halo will have a price drop within a couple of months. I'll have to remember this when Forza Motorsport comes out.

Game was released 05/04 .. so barely a month and a half, Its part of the XSN series which ussually goes down to $30 in a couple of months. I wasnt expecting it to go down this fast, but hell thats fine with me. Now I cant get it for $25 after GGC if this is a universal price drop :) weee

I was going to get RSC2 but PGR2 had more people playing it, was cheaper, and I heard it was really good. I felt no reason to buy RSC2 over PGR2 and I wasn't going to buy them both.

Well, I'm part of the DAMN IT club. I bought my copy used last week for $29.99 or so from Gamestop online after discounts. But my copy came without a case or instructions. And now I could get a BRAND NEW ONE for the same price??? GRRRR.

[quote name='merkman']Well, I'm part of the DAMN IT club. I bought my copy used last week for $29.99 or so from Gamestop online after discounts. But my copy came without a case or instructions. And now I could get a BRAND NEW ONE for the same price??? GRRRR.[/quote]

That sucks when you don't get everything that is supposed to be with the game, like the case or manual. At least the used copy I bought had both the manual and original case, and the disc looked untouched. I can't see why Gamestop can't include the case and manual with their used games online. EB does. It's not that hard to keep original materials intact.

Still, it's a good game, and worth the money, but it's always sweeter to get it cheaper.

Hmmm, that could be a new slogan for this site : "It's always sweeter to get it cheaper".

Once again, a perfect example of why I don't even bother picking up games when they first come out. I always have something to play, and chances are, by waiting a couple of months, I'm going to save a lot of money. Thanks for the heads up, I'll pick it up soon!

If you have the 20% off coupon from the web game and a GMR card it'd be only $18.89 plus tax!

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']gg EBgames.com on the preowned costing more than the new

I hope it gets fixed in-store soon, I'd buy it for $26.99 - that 20% off bag.[/quote]

Got mine at Gamestop B&M for 29.99...tons of copies...
How is it that the BEST racing game for xbox with amazing graphics, deep career mode, Live support and superb control sinks at retail?! This game rules..HIGHLY recommended

[quote name='laparka72']How is it that the BEST racing game for xbox with amazing graphics, deep career mode, Live support and superb control sinks at retail?![/quote]

Probably because Americans know even less about rally racing than soccer. Is this game selling well in Europe, or do they like Colin McRae better?

Colin is more "realistic" but isn't as thrilling to play. I am a huge rally fan and get most rally games when they go down in price and while RS2 isn't a very accurate representation of the sport, it's really fun. I would imagine Colin gets high marks for the realism and RS2 gets ignored due to it's "3 other cars on the road" approach.

i already got PGR2 and i love it, but i've wanted this dame since it's release, now i can finally see what this game has to offer. thanks for the info

Well, it could be the 3 other cars on the road approach or the arcadey handling. Or that's what I thought about the handling when I played it vs colin mcrae.

Eh, screw realism. I just want a game that is fun to play.

Now if you want a deal, (for those who don't know) retail employees get great deals on Xbox games through Microsoft: http://www.xbox.com/retail I ordered Rallisport 2 and Top Spin for $13 shipped. How's THAT for a deal? 8)

bread's done
Back