Everblue 2, $4.99 at EB B&M, YMMV

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:09 PM

Saw it today at EB at the Plymouting Meeting mall in PA, it's for the "new" version but I got the last one so I had to settle for the display copy.

#2 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:07 AM

this is one of those games I've never even seen.

is it even any good? I know part 1 was a waste.

#3 hohndog

hohndog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:26 AM

I doubt many of you will find this at your EB. Its a rare title and very difficult to find. I bought a copy a while ago. Its basically a scuba diving adventure game. It has excellent graphics from what I've seen. My kids play it from time to time. I'm a fan of the unique titles, and this is definately one of them. If you can get it for $5, I'd say you found a bargain.

#4 argyle

argyle

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:39 AM

is it even any good? I know part 1 was a waste.

If I'm not mistaken, part 1 was never released in the US...

I picked it up a couple months back used at EB for $12 in mint condition, but still haven't gotten around to playing it. :oops:
Posted Image

#5 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:25 PM

oh wait wrong game, I thought this was a diff game.

I just saw this at my local EB's last week, time to see if they still have it.

#6 KingNES

KingNES

Posted 27 June 2004 - 02:30 AM

I just got one today, but it was 10.99 not 4.99 at my local EBgames.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen."

#7 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:38 AM

Maybe it was only one of those 1 or 2 day infamous EB price drops?

#8 The Successful Dropout

The Successful Dropout

eye we tall did

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:33 AM

I doubt many of you will find this at your EB. Its a rare title and very difficult to find. I bought a copy a while ago. Its basically a scuba diving adventure game. It has excellent graphics from what I've seen. My kids play it from time to time. I'm a fan of the unique titles, and this is definately one of them. If you can get it for $5, I'd say you found a bargain.

pardon my bump....but if ppl are still looking for this "rare" game....walmart.com has it for 19.82

http://www.walmart.c...874:37875:37873
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2004 - 01:48 PM

I saw it used for 10.99 at the cherry hill mall eb in cherry hill, NJ.

#10 BigHow

BigHow

Too cool to kill...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2004 - 05:00 PM

pardon my bump....but if ppl are still looking for this "rare" game....walmart.com has it for 19.82

I'm surprised someone hasn't started a database of game print runs to support/debunk these kinds of theories.
We'll Fix It In Post - Your daily dose of pop culture writing. New podcasts on Fridays!

tradelist -- auctions -- collection -- gaminglagoon

Posted Image Posted Image

#11 weizur

weizur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:34 PM

Hmm I'd start such a database probably if you knew where to find the print run information

#12 BigHow

BigHow

Too cool to kill...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2004 - 07:05 AM

Hmm I'd start such a database probably if you knew where to find the print run information

Hmm... Good question. Can anyone answer? Defender?
We'll Fix It In Post - Your daily dose of pop culture writing. New podcasts on Fridays!

#13 The Successful Dropout

The Successful Dropout

eye we tall did

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:21 AM

and id know what print run information meant if i knew what print run information meant
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 epobirs

epobirs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:56 PM

I'm surprised someone hasn't started a database of game print runs to support/debunk these kinds of theories.

The problem is that Sony and most third parties regard this as guarded data. It exposes their finances to outsiders in a way that be uncomfortable if they haven't been honest about certain other numbers.

#15 sm04as

sm04as

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2004 - 01:02 PM

TRU had this for $15 if you made use of the BOGO deal.

#16 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:02 AM

I seriously love this game. I played about 56 hours of it, beat it, and still hadn't done *everything*. It's weird and not very action-oriented, but a unique concept that was executed well.

If you're interested in a review, mine's here: http://www.gameinfor....1612.36116.htm
At that point, I'd played about 28 hours.

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#17 BigHow

BigHow

Too cool to kill...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:31 AM

and id know what print run information meant if i knew what print run information meant

By print run information, I was cribbing a term usually used with comics. The "print run" is the number of copies of a game (in this case) pressed. By combining this with an estimate of general demand, I was hoping that we could put together a good list of truly "rare" (read: HTF and valuable) games. For example, the low print run of NCAA 2K3 for the GCN plus the high demand (which escalates during the Final Four) makes for a "rare" game. The low print run for Transworld Surf (to completely make up an example) plus a low demand does not.

Sadly, as epobirs as noted, it's unlikely that we'll be able to get ahold of this.

#18 TxVxCasualty

TxVxCasualty

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:04 AM

looks like the ps1 game aquanauts holiday, which ebgames happens to have for 2.99, cheaper even if you use the pplay15 and SAVER codes or whatever :)