Official San Diego Area CAG List

• Please log in to reply
3296 replies to this topic

#3061 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:25 PM

I have a slaughterhouse, slime, or legendary pictures I'd gladly trade you for your least favorite dead rising shirt ^^

Yeah, i got the Slaughterhouse and Slime shirt too. Ha, i'm a big Capcom fan so i won't be trading the DR2 shirts. I was trying to get all of the shirts this year.

#3062 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

I've never been to Comic Con, but my wife has now gone three years in a row (counting this year). I always feel bad that she ends up going some of the days by herself, so I suggested she buy me a ticket when she gets hers. I'll probably chicken out and not go, but at least I have the option now.

I went to E3 6 or 7 years in a row and the crowds were deplorable. I can just imagine Comic Con.

I'm surprise she doesn't buy you a ticket each year. Yeah, the crowds are bigger than E3 but it's still a lot of fun. Yeah, i've been going to E3 since 2002.

#3063 allyourblood

allyourblood

America's youth sucks.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

I'm surprise she doesn't buy you a ticket each year. Yeah, the crowds are bigger than E3 but it's still a lot of fun. Yeah, i've been going to E3 since 2002.

She asks every year, but I always say no. I actually stopped going to E3 back around 2005 because a bunch of my friends weren't in a position to get into the show anymore, and I wasn't about to drive up to LA by myself (boring).

I'm sure it'll be one of those things where I hate the idea, but once I'm there I'll have fun. Plus, my wife is horrible at seeking out freebies. I'll have to take matters into my own hands. :lol:
Being cheap doesn't mean you have to be a liar and a thief. Have some respect for yourself.

#3064 h0mi

h0mi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

They probably sold their allotment of tickets (for the Comic Con show only) for 4 Day/Preview night passes but there was a very huge line this year so i won't be surprise if it's gone already.

Typically they sell 4 day passes at the con... they don't usually sell 1 day passes but this year they did. After the con, no passes will be sold until they update the web site and that's usually around September when they start selling passes again. I expect 4 day passes to be gone quickly even if they're non preview night passes.

Were non preview night people able to get their passes on Wednesday? I dont want to wait till thursday to get my pass but I thought I had to...

#3065 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

Typically they sell 4 day passes at the con... they don't usually sell 1 day passes but this year they did. After the con, no passes will be sold until they update the web site and that's usually around September when they start selling passes again. I expect 4 day passes to be gone quickly even if they're non preview night passes.

Were non preview night people able to get their passes on Wednesday? I dont want to wait till thursday to get my pass but I thought I had to...

Ya, non preview night people could get their passes at an off site location only on Wednesday. However, it was only for all 4 day passes and Thursday 1 day passes.

#3066 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

I will say, if anyone feels generous and has a spare helmet code.. I'd gladly take one for a friend. (Not a huge Halo fan myself, but I try to look out for people.)

Also, if anyone picked up Kingdom of Loathing codes that doesn't play/isn't interested.. I'll gladly take them off your hands! :D

I'm hoping to go to SDCC again in 2012.. I would go next year, but I go with my father who lives in Los Angeles, and next year he plans to go to Europe I believe, which kills my SDCC plan. :/

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#3067 The Chop Suey

The Chop Suey

noob pwner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

ps word of advice idk know if they are going to change it but my friend had a non preview night badge the only difference was the literally printed a PN on your badge that being said the oblivious guards did not care he went in lol

#3068 h0mi

h0mi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:07 AM

Figures. They were going for $20+ yesterday and today... mine went unsold. Am asking for $10 now, heh.

ps word of advice idk know if they are going to change it but my friend had a non preview night badge the only difference was the literally printed a PN on your badge that being said the oblivious guards did not care he went in lol

according to the web site, if you didnt have PN access, you could not pick up your badge until thursday. I dont know how strict they were about enforcement but it would suck to wait in lines for an hour only to be turned away on Wednesday.

#3069 The Chop Suey

The Chop Suey

noob pwner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:32 AM

they had a off site badge pickup in mission valley for non preview night goers

#3070 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

My friend's neighbor gave me Lego Star Wars 2, Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda, and Table Tennis for free.

#3071 hec204

hec204

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:05 PM

I will say, if anyone feels generous and has a spare helmet code.. I'd gladly take one for a friend. (Not a huge Halo fan myself, but I try to look out for people.)

Also, if anyone picked up Kingdom of Loathing codes that doesn't play/isn't interested.. I'll gladly take them off your hands! :D

I'm hoping to go to SDCC again in 2012.. I would go next year, but I go with my father who lives in Los Angeles, and next year he plans to go to Europe I believe, which kills my SDCC plan. :/

I think I have one somewhere in my bag if I remember correctly, send me a PM if you want it. I'll look in a little while.

#3072 The Chop Suey

The Chop Suey

noob pwner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:28 AM

anyone got pax tickets or know someone selling??? let me knowww

#3073 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

Just got back from CV and SY Kmarts. Both are out of $20 PSN cards (unfortunately I took last 3, sorry). Chaining the cards together does work i.e. one card per transaction to get the $10 coupon. However both stores have a some $50 cards with the $20 coupon.

CV kmart had a couple DJ Hero bundles (PS3) which are supposed to be $39.99 clearance.

test.gif

#3074 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:10 AM

I've a week-long business trip to San Diego approaching quickly (Little Italy area). I'll be tied up in training sessions until 5pm each day, but I'm considering going to the SD Zoo in the evening(s). Any recommendations on how I can get a better deal than $37/day or $70/2days?

I promise not to raid your retail stores while I'm there.

#3075 supermodestmouse

supermodestmouse

Gotta Catch Em All!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 01:54 AM

lol...check craigslist? they usually have a few going for cheap out there.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=224637

smiles are free, don't be stingy :lol:

#3076 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:33 AM

I've a week-long business trip to San Diego approaching quickly (Little Italy area). I'll be tied up in training sessions until 5pm each day, but I'm considering going to the SD Zoo in the evening(s). Any recommendations on how I can get a better deal than $37/day or $70/2days?

I promise not to raid your retail stores while I'm there.

They close around 8 don't they? An annual pass might work for you if you go got a few hours a day, and it's tax deductible.

#3077 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:53 AM

Website says 9pm. Thought about the annual membership, but the cheapest one for me (since I live out of the area) is $250.

I may actually check craigslist...

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#3078 supermodestmouse

supermodestmouse

Gotta Catch Em All!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:37 AM

my friends from out of town wanted an impromptu trip and we found passes that were expiring that day for $10. costco also has a pretty decent deal i think (the ones in sd that is)

#3079 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

^ Was that on craigslist? I checked and, yeah, tons of tickets listed. I generally don't trust craigslist (been burned), but those are some good prices.

Other than that, looks like I can get 10% off w/ AAA or use the $5 off coupon here: http://sandiegan.com.../Coupon-Zoo.php

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#3080 supermodestmouse

supermodestmouse

Gotta Catch Em All!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:46 AM

yeah, it was on craigslist a year or so back. maybe just lucky? I'd meet them in front of the zoo...taht way, BAM! ;) no one gets burned ^^

#3081 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

Website says 9pm. Thought about the annual membership, but the cheapest one for me (since I live out of the area) is $250.

I may actually check craigslist...

Oh right, I forgot there's a discount for residents. I don't have any passes left, but I do have an annual membership that came with coupons, but you're probably better off getting them off craigslist.

#3082 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

I think I have one somewhere in my bag if I remember correctly, send me a PM if you want it. I'll look in a little while.

Wanted to publicly thank you. @magicman08 (twitter) / magicman08 (Live) thanks you a lot for the code. I was serious when I said it wasn't for me, heh. If I happen to get another from someone, I would keep it for myself.. but he had priority, he's the true Halo fan.

So, thanks again for helping someone who couldn't make it to SDCC this year! When I get back into my convention circuit in 2012 I'll keep you in mind when I start getting a lot of stuff! Cheers.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#3083 h0mi

h0mi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

I've got to find an easy way to unload some guitar hero hardware. I have the drums, wireless guitar and mic for the 360. Does gamestop not accept these for trade ins any longer? I'd rather not craigslist them
(edit) belay the last, friend of mine is interested. regardless im curious if anywhere does accept these as trade ins.

Edited by h0mi, 11 August 2010 - 09:10 PM.

#3084 raarar

raarar

With sexy results.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:39 PM

Not much of a deal, but got a flyer in the mail today letting me know about the new remodel/grocery section in Grossmont's Target. It comes with coupons for $10 off 2 $29.99 or higher DS games, $10 off 2 $49.99 or higher PS3 games, $10 off 2 $49 or higher Wii games, or $10 off 2 $49.99 or higher 360 games. (4 separate coupons). Of real interest though is the coupon for a free dozen eggs. :)

#3085 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

Poway Blockbuster is closing down. All games/accesories are 10% off. Picked up:

Kane and Lynch (PS3, missing manual) - 4.99
Lego Batman (360, game only) - 9.99
Medal of Honor: European Assault (PS2, Complete) - 4.99
10 PS3 cases - 2.00

After the 10% discount it came up to a little under 20 bucks.

Saw a lot of decent titles. Bayonetta for 20, BC 2 for 30, Dragon Age for 25, Mass Effect 2 for 20 off the top of my head. These prices are before the 10% discount.

Edited by TheHelix, 19 August 2010 - 11:05 PM.

#3086 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:19 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Will probably check this weekend. Maybe.

#3087 supermodestmouse

supermodestmouse

Gotta Catch Em All!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:49 AM

the one off mercy?

#3088 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

No it's the one across from Henry's/Vons. I was shopping at Walmart and saw the store closing banner.

#3089 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:58 PM

Poomp

#3090 mig0

mig0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

So what does CAG think of Luna Video games? How are their prices compared to gamestop, or other used game outlets?