Official San Diego Area CAG List

• Please log in to reply
3291 replies to this topic

#31 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:39 PM

Oh snap, I'm in Paradise Hills too. MarkMan, any TRU's worthy of visiting for some PS2 goodness? I've been busy/lazy to hit any up since the big markdowns.

#32 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:51 AM

Yeah, I'm from the SD/CV area and I just heard about this TRU deal on the 29th. FOund out about this site the same day, and man you guys took everything!! I managed to pick up Doom 3, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, Killer 7, and Killzone. But anyway what a steal. Sure beats paying $59.99 for a damn X360 game. Thanks again guys.

Posted Image

#33 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:54 AM

The National City one is pretty bare since after Christmas... they have a few things though.

I haven't been out since Christmas really.

I've been at home playin fighting games with the homies lol... and tryin out some DoA4 on XBL.

Reigning Super CAG Fighting Quiz Game Winner plus Alpha@ hyper-turbo.eXtreme!!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

SDTEKKEN - TekkenZaibatsu - Mad Catz - EVO2010

#34 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:45 AM

Mira Mesa here.

Desperately trying to find a copy of Guitar Heros, MM Best Buy is fresh out as of today.

#35 Melancholy

Melancholy

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

Guitar Heroes is sold out in most places. I was lucky enough to buy it last Friday.

As far as I know, the Gamestop in National City (where I bought mine) had two more in stock. Also, my friend bought it in a Gamestop in Chula Vista on Saturday.

Your best bet is to call the Gamestops around you just to verify that it's in stock...Then go immediately. My friend and I did...And well, when he called CV Gamestop they had 5 in stock. He left right away and arrived with only 2 available.

But if it helps any (even if you're all the way in Mira Mesa), I can vouch for GH being sold out in: Best Buy (Chula Vista, Mission Valley, El Cajon), Walmart (Chula Vista, National City), Fry's, Gamestop/Planet X (Plaza Bonita Mall, Chula Vista-across from DMV).

Hope that helps!

#36 sonicbooom

sonicbooom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:44 PM

Mira Mesa here as well..

Anyone know where to pick up some good PS2 component cables for under $10? Not Mad Catz brand though.

#37 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:41 AM

FFMooglestar I saw your post regarding GG repriced at your work... any idea if any other GC stores in SD have them in stock? I really needed to get one of those...

#38 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:32 AM

Wait so the coupons are a good-to-go at Mission Valley BB's?

Posted Image

#39 vietgurl

vietgurl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:51 AM

Gee, so many ppl in Mira Mesa. So that's why places here are always sold out of stuff that are posted on CAG, haha.
Posted Image

#40 menikmati

menikmati

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:01 AM

Guitar Heroes is sold out in most places. I was lucky enough to buy it last Friday.

As far as I know, the Gamestop in National City (where I bought mine) had two more in stock. Also, my friend bought it in a Gamestop in Chula Vista on Saturday.

Your best bet is to call the Gamestops around you just to verify that it's in stock...Then go immediately. My friend and I did...And well, when he called CV Gamestop they had 5 in stock. He left right away and arrived with only 2 available.

But if it helps any (even if you're all the way in Mira Mesa), I can vouch for GH being sold out in: Best Buy (Chula Vista, Mission Valley, El Cajon), Walmart (Chula Vista, National City), Fry's, Gamestop/Planet X (Plaza Bonita Mall, Chula Vista-across from DMV).

Hope that helps!

Yeah I'm starting to kick myself for not picking it up earlier. Over a week ago, I saw a table with assorted accessories and found at least 5-6 copies of Guitar Hero and now I can't find one to save my life. This is another post-Xbox 360 addiction/hunt that I must finish.

Looks like I'm going to be constantly bugging Best Buy, GS and EB for the next couple of days, I'm just relying on BB the most for the $10 off coupon and I've heard of some Target sightings too.

#41 Melancholy

Melancholy

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:27 AM

^ Good luck, I'm sure you'll find one out there.

Does anyone know where I could find Popolocrois and Legend of Heroes (PSP) for *cheap*, new or used? I found a used Legend of Heroes for $35, but couldn't find Popolocrois. Just giving it a go here instead of getting it for retail price.

#42 FFMooglestar

FFMooglestar

SoCal Living.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:03 AM

FFMooglestar I saw your post regarding GG repriced at your work... any idea if any other GC stores in SD have them in stock? I really needed to get one of those...

I'm not too sure if any of the stores have them. The only advice I could give you is to call around. The Chula Vista store (E H St.) definitely does not have it as I picked up the only copy we had. Sorry I can't be much more of a help.

#43 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:13 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I called around, most places only have the Deluxe version. Oh well. :(

#44 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

If anyone is still lookign for Guitar Hero for the PS2, I saw quite a few available at the Lemon Grove GameCrazy.

$69.99.

#45 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:44 AM

If anyone is interested, I spotted two copies of Shadow Hearts: Covenant for $13.96 and two copies of Eye Toy Groove for $3.96 at the Circuit City in National City. I had a copy of each in my hand but decided I wasn't in the mood for another RPG and I rarely use my Eye Toy due to a lack of space/lighting.

#46 LaMeRz55

LaMeRz55

Posted 06 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

Anyone from UCSD? if so join my 1up club

http://UCSDgamers-club.1up.com

Maybe we can get some sweet multiplayer games
www.videogameninja.com

Wakka Wakka

Posted Image

#47 FFMooglestar

FFMooglestar

SoCal Living.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:05 AM

If anyone is interested, I spotted two copies of Shadow Hearts: Covenant for $13.96 and two copies of Eye Toy Groove for $3.96 at the Circuit City in National City. I had a copy of each in my hand but decided I wasn't in the mood for another RPG and I rarely use my Eye Toy due to a lack of space/lighting.

Thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and picked up one of those copies of Shadow Hearts.

#48 kainzero

kainzero

scv good to go sir

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:29 AM

this thread is awesome.

hi don!
hi mark!

friends from norcal have been saying guitar hero is overstocked at fry's or something, not sure if it's true in SD.

#49 Crud

Crud

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:57 AM

East County/Santee here.

I work in La Mesa and the TRU over there is pretty much wiped clean.

#50 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and Ipicked up one of those copies of Shadow Hearts.

Well just to let you 619 guys know. I picked up the last Shadow Hearts: Covenant at the CC on Sweetwater RD. But I did return Silent Hill 4: The Room, The Getaway: Black Monday, Megaman Anniversary Collection, and TMNT 2: Battle Nexus to the same exact CC on Sweetwater just a couple hours ago. So if you guys are interested in any of those titles, check it out.

#51 xrickyb86x

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:20 AM

did anyone find guitar hero? i was lucky enough to get mine for xmas. the game crazy i work at got one in this week and an employee bought it.

did anyone spot prince of persia warrior within for gamecube for 4.96 at any circuit city stores? on the way home from my girlfriends house in temecula (im from chula vista) i stopped by the escondido store and they didnt have it.

#52 menikmati

menikmati

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:22 PM

did anyone find guitar hero? i was lucky enough to get mine for xmas. the game crazy i work at got one in this week and an employee bought it.

did anyone spot prince of persia warrior within for gamecube for 4.96 at any circuit city stores? on the way home from my girlfriends house in temecula (im from chula vista) i stopped by the escondido store and they didnt have it.

I still can't find one. I ordered on 1/4 from vh1.com but it's out of stock (backordered) and has yet to ship as of today.

I'm going to the Carmel Mountain CC tomorrow, I'll pick up a copy of POP for GC if I see it, no idea how I'll give it to you though.

#53 bboynujen

bboynujen

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:20 PM

since theres so many sd cags, thought i'll point out it looks like our tru in mira mesa is closing, not in town right now so i can't check it out myself...

#54 sonicbooom

sonicbooom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:29 PM

since theres so many sd cags, thought i'll point out it looks like our tru in mira mesa is closing, not in town right now so i can't check it out myself...

Whoa, really? I should check it out before it does close then. I'll post anything good that I see.

#55 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:57 AM

Yo wassup Joe...

Heads up to other SD ppl.

Mission Valley Tilt got Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection in... go play it!

#56 menikmati

menikmati

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:33 AM

No fucking way!

I've been going there for toys since I was 3 years old :cry:.

Hopefully I can drop by every morning to see what's going on there.

#57 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:00 AM

Wassup SD/619 CAGs!

Just letting you guys know (posted a more in-depth description in the main thread of the K-mart sale) I scoped out the 4 K-marts within our area today: Chula Vista, San Ysidro, Fletcher Parkway & Third Avenue. The only one that seemed to have some what of a sale was the one on E H ST in Chula Vista. I managed to get Eyetoy groove w/ camera for $15 (about 3 more left from what I saw; at the bottom of the gamecube games section) and Coldwinter.

Other than that the other 3 K-marts had no idea what I was talking about. They said something about a liquidation sale starting tomorrow (Sunday) and that they would start @ 10% and work their way up weekly/daily until everything was gone. The sales associate didn't look like she knew what she was talking about, so I didn't bother to ask. It looks slim, but if you can dig through all the mess in those K-mart glass windows I'm sure you can find something you'll like (I know I did). However, some K-Marts differed from others where there was a disagreement on what games were on sale.

I hope this helped you guys out somewhat at the very least. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of sales were going on at the TRU up in Mira Mesa too? Thanks in advance.

#58 playaemagdnim

playaemagdnim

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:05 AM

hahha, hey joe.

um, as for guitar hero, i saw a couple at fry's, but it was next to the guitar hero display over in the PC section. that was a couple days ago, so i don't know if they're still there.

the TRU in mira mesa (as of 2 days ago), had a bunch of DBZ Sagas, 1 Feel the Magic, and a bunch of games i didn't really care about. maybe i'll hit it up 2morrow morning and see what they have on sale.

#59 menikmati

menikmati

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:43 AM

hahha, hey joe.

um, as for guitar hero, i saw a couple at fry's, but it was next to the guitar hero display over in the PC section. that was a couple days ago, so i don't know if they're still there.

the TRU in mira mesa (as of 2 days ago), had a bunch of DBZ Sagas, 1 Feel the Magic, and a bunch of games i didn't really care about. maybe i'll hit it up 2morrow morning and see what they have on sale.

Damnit, I'm going to go there tomorrmow morning first thing to check.

Curse Fry's for being in the opposite direction of CC, kills my gas.

#60 eldad9

eldad9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:08 PM

Wassup SD/619 CAGs!
The only one that seemed to have some what of a sale was the one on E H ST in Chula Vista. I managed to get Eyetoy groove w/ camera for $15 (about 3 more left from what I saw; at the bottom of the gamecube games section) and Coldwinter.

Thanks. Only 2 eyetoy+grooves left.

Now, what do I do with the game itself? I already pre-bought it in TRU for around $4-5. It was too cheap to pass up, but I don't even know that I want one copy, let alone two.