Official San Diego Area CAG List

• Please log in to reply
3295 replies to this topic

#241 allyourblood

allyourblood

America's youth sucks.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:58 AM

Thanks, but all the way in Eastlake?! I was thinking about somewhere close to Kearny Mesa lol

well, i was figuring that you could gauge your own Target's response by his, but it's moot since he says they haven't received it yet, and can't seem to find the release date sheet. :roll:

sorry.
Being cheap doesn't mean you have to be a liar and a thief. Have some respect for yourself.

#242 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:10 PM

well, i was figuring that you could gauge your own Target's response by his, but it's moot since he says they haven't received it yet, and can't seem to find the release date sheet. :roll:

sorry.

Damn, but thanks for trying though :)

Posted Image

#243 halu102

halu102

F-Smash your ass!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:16 AM

Does anyone think Puyo Pop is worth 9.99 at TRU? I already have games like Tetris and Meteos, would this game stack up to them.
Posted Image110,000,000! 110,000,000!Posted Image

#244 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:03 AM

For the guys that get the papers in the morning do you think you can do me a favor and tell me if NCAA 07 Football is in the Fry's ad? And for how much? I'm hoping it's the $40 price Fido got listed in his thread.

Posted Image

#245 allyourblood

allyourblood

America's youth sucks.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 07:36 AM

Does anyone think Puyo Pop is worth 9.99 at TRU? I already have games like Tetris and Meteos, would this game stack up to them.

my friend and i each picked it up. for under 10 bucks, it can't be beat. if you've never played any iteration, you're in for a treat. it's a very good puzzle game, kinda similar to Dr. Mario and Columns. It hasn't changed much over the years, but it's a tried and true formula, so it still works (like Tetris). if you like puzzle games, i definitely recommend yummying down on this.
Being cheap doesn't mean you have to be a liar and a thief. Have some respect for yourself.

#246 halu102

halu102

F-Smash your ass!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:05 AM

Thanks allyourblood. I actually did pick it up a few days ago. I played a little bit of it. Though I haven't really gotten used to the game yet, I think it's pretty fun, well... from the 2 times I actually played it. I wish I had a little more time to actually play it more.

#247 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:34 AM

Which TRU did you go to? I'm still interested in Castlevania Double Pack.

#248 allyourblood

allyourblood

America's youth sucks.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:52 AM

Which TRU did you go to? I'm still interested in Castlevania Double Pack.

i bought the last one at National City, and Chula Vista didn't have any in stock as of Saturday.

#249 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:43 AM

For those in the area still looking, the TRU off of L street still has 4-5 copies of We Love Katamari, 6-7 copies of Taiko, and 2-3 copies each of Meteos and Puyo Pop.

#250 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:44 AM

Yo. For those of you that don't know. San Diego has a huge community of Tekken players. Here's what we put together just recently:

Reigning Super CAG Fighting Quiz Game Winner plus Alpha@ hyper-turbo.eXtreme!!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

SDTEKKEN - TekkenZaibatsu - Mad Catz - EVO2010

#251 allyourblood

allyourblood

America's youth sucks.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:55 PM

do they still make new console Tekkens? the last one i remember is 3.

#252 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:40 PM

Tekken 5 for the PS2 was the last console version. There was also Tekken 4 before that and Tekken Tag Tournament.

#253 halu102

halu102

F-Smash your ass!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:39 PM

Nice video. One question, how is the system of tekken like? it seems like to pull off combos, all one needs to do is to get them in the air and repeatedly dash forward and continue hitting. Either that or slam them against a wall and begin pumeling. Are there any other kinds of combos in the Tekken system, although I did see a couple grab combos. I just couldn't get it when I tried it at stores, my character was just so slow.

I also wish to make some kind of SD team, but for Smash Bros. Melee. Although I got my friends into it for a little bit, but only for a little. I wish I actually knew some really good players, but it seems Melee is a dying game, although I think it has one of the best fighting systems of all time, minus the items of course.

#254 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:45 PM

I know quite a few guys that play Smash in SD. But just like you said the scene is kinda dead here.

As far as Tekken goes. It can accomodate many types of play styles. There are tons of different kinds of combos, from natural combos, to gauranteed strings, to wall combos, and regular juggles(mostly which was seen in the video).

Juggles aren't that simple but the concept is simple enough. Basically with each move you tack on after the initial launch. The damage scales down more and more for each additional hit you use in the juggle. Kinda hard to explain it's easier if shown. If anything check out the system section at www.tekkenzaibatsu.com as it is very informative.

#255 allyourblood

allyourblood

America's youth sucks.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:08 PM

i ought to start a "we suck at shoot-em-ups" crew. 'cause i suck. at shoot-em-ups. for some sick reason, i love them and play them all the time anyway. i keep playing Ikaruga only to be hosed on level 4 over and over and...

#256 halu102

halu102

F-Smash your ass!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:04 AM

Hey Markman, do your friends play Smash professionally? or at a somewhat pro level? I've been looking for someone that could match my caliber [not to brag] in Chula Vista. I need someone to actually test the little skill I have in the game.

Though kinda off topic, here's a nice Smash vid of two of the top world smash players.

allyourblood, don't worry, I'm horrible at shooters too, but they are damn fun, I'd have to say.

#257 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:17 AM

I know some friends that tried to play professionally and I actually have a friend(doesn't live in SD) that competed nationally in Smash(he goes by the name of MattDeezie or Deezie). In SD I don't know anyone that plays it anymore, game has been out for awhile.

But in the Chula Vista area I know of some guys that play. I'm not sure how good they are though. I know they play Tekken and Soul Calibur though lol.

#258 halu102

halu102

F-Smash your ass!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for the info MarkMan, hmm, MattDeezie doesn't sound too familiar, but yeah, Melee seems dead with all the new games coming out, I guess I'll have to wait until Smash Brawl comes out, which is probably next year... T.T

#259 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:15 AM

I suck at fighting games. Actually, I'm pretty good against the CPU and some people but that's it. Now shooters on the other hand, I own!

Posted Image

#260 halu102

halu102

F-Smash your ass!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:19 AM

Hey, does anyone know if they have any copies of Mr. Driller at Fry's? I want to go there tomorrow, but I don't want to end up getting there with no luck. I 'll try to call them tomorrow as well, but they never answer their phones. Thanks.

EDIT: actually went there and there weren't any on display. But I asked the guy in charge and he had a bunch in their reserves. I'm assuming though they are restocked on the shelves by now. It's a great game and definitely worth 10 dollars.

#261 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:28 AM

We need to bump this!!

Posted Image

#262 allyourblood

allyourblood

America's youth sucks.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:29 AM

lol, i was just gonna DO THAT today!!

#263 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:11 AM

GO CHARGERS!

GO PADRES!

What's up :)

#264 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:53 AM

Go Chargers!

Posted Image

#265 allyourblood

allyourblood

America's youth sucks.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:44 AM

hey, if anyone's interested, there's one copy of Phoenix Wright at the Chula Vista Circuit City. $29.99.

#266 haguremetaru

haguremetaru

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:17 PM

Anybody seen any cheap Silent Hill games anywhere?

#267 allyourblood

allyourblood

America's youth sucks.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:24 PM

Anybody seen any cheap Silent Hill games anywhere?

my buddy picked up the last XB Silent Hill 4 from the Sports Arena Circuit City for me 3 weeks ago for $5.96. i don't know if that means there's more out there or not, but it's worth a shot! the Chula Vista store is defintely out.

other than that, i haven't really seen or heard much when it comes to cheap SH titles. if i stumble across any in my travels, i'll post here with info.

#268 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

Hey SD CAG I'm selling my original DS because I'm upgrading to a DS:L and I'm selling for $90 or best offer if anybody is interested PM me :)

Posted Image

#269 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:48 AM

Not sure how rare Tony Hawk: American Sk8land is considered but I found like 4-5 copies at Point Loma's CC for $20. I picked one up.

Posted Image

#270 SeemslikeTrav

SeemslikeTrav

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:38 AM

CAG in El Cajon