• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

Those are gully.

I don't even remember this topic, but I stick by my statement.

#32 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:29 PM

I like how that Pacman is old school. Real Pacman doesn't have legs bitches !!! !
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#33 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:09 AM

Cheapy, often you can find stores that sell those machine/capsule/crane toys.

#34 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:10 AM

I like how that Pacman is old school. Real Pacman doesn't have legs bitches !!! !

:rofl:

#35 drfunk85

drfunk85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:20 AM

One of the movie theaters I go to regularly has advertisements for "Crane Game!" on the screen during the pre-previews. It's a wierd video that kind of is like that "WACKY WAVING INFLATEABLE TUBE MAN!" fake commercial. The weird thing is I don't think they have a crane game there, and it doesn't tell you where this supposed great crane game is at. Maybe it's just like Milk commercials where they are advertising for the product in general?
My FS/FT list

Want to get free gaming stuff like Wii Points and Xbox live points? Just go here. It's a referral link, so if you don't want to give me a referral, just delete the end part. It's not a half bad site though, for a little work you can get some free stuff.

#36 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:56 AM

damn i would kill for one of those, is there ANY way to get one in the U.S. somehow
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#37 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:30 AM

I used to love skill cranes when I was younger. I was at an arcade last year that had PS2 and XBox games in the machine and it was $1.00 a try. I picked up a game both times (I played twice) but it dropped the game each time because the hook wasn't desinged to pick up a game.

Machine operators can also change the strength of the claw/hook.

At some amusement parks I have seen these giant machines that are around 8 feet tall and at least 10 feet long. I have never been able to win a prize out of those.

#38 p00rm4n

p00rm4n

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:01 AM

those pacmen look so cool I would of used as much money as it took to
get me one of those. @_@

#39 Dhuk

Dhuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

I remember when I was a kid, I could never win on those type of crane games. It's as if the crane had no real griping power.

Lol, I also remember a kid had his hand stuck up the prize slot at chucky cheeze.

#40 fullmetalfan720

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:45 PM

Here is a tip for the crane machines:

If there is a tag on one of the prizes try to hook the crane on it.

This has helped me win many things from crane machines.
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
-Ben Franklin
The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. - William Jennings Bryan

#41 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:54 PM

Well, thats alright, but how about this:

Why oh why does Pacman Jones keep mocking the NFL?

Posted Image

And of course, the VG cats comic about pacman:

http://www.vgcats.co...s/?strip_id=136

#42 Thunderscope

Thunderscope

too cheap for a title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:36 AM

Those Pac-Plushes look more disturbing than that Pacman cartoon I downloaded on live
-Cheap Ass Gamer Addict-

#43 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:14 AM

You guys do know how claw machines work right?

The machine operates on a ratio of wins to losses.

So it would be every 10 losses 1 win. It depends on the machine. 1 out of the 10 times the machine will exert its full force in its grab. Its so it garuntees making a profit.

The way to win these are to watch people play it and determine how many losses it takes to equal one win. Then you just wait for X amount of people and you go when you know its a win.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#44 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:08 AM

I have won so many things from those machines it's ridiculous. I've won most of them at Dave and Busters because they have actual skill machines and they don't rig them to barely compress the arm.

#45 nailz_jaggzy

nailz_jaggzy

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:58 PM

exact same thing happened with me in london except i am more gullable, a crash bandicoot was looking up at me calling my name £5 i sunk which is about $10 and about 1200 yen. i was a complete failiure and someone comes along after me wins with a 20p bit 40 cents to usa and wins first time! there i am peeved off and the man sells it to me for £3, yahhoo ebay, naa keeping it for my own personal satisfaction and is sitting next to me on my bed as i write this for you all.

#46 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:56 AM

I got one of those Pac Man plushes from a Used Game Store for 100 yen! :razz:

Did you know it's motorized? If you flip a switch on the bottom it waddles around!

#47 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 02:59 AM

I got one of those Pac Man plushes from a Used Game Store for 100 yen! :razz:

Did you know it's motorized? If you flip a switch on the bottom it waddles around!

I envy hate you.

#48 Ragekod

Ragekod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:32 AM

When I read this, I immediately thought of Cheapy wearing jeans and a leather jacket, in an emotionless voice:

"Hmm... 1 play... 100 yen."
"Yes, I will try this game."

"Care for a game of Lucky Hit?"

I just had a Shenmue flashback after reading this. Now time to bring the Dreamcast of out the storage place!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla

Shark Barber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2007 - 06:58 AM

Sorry for gloating but I was once a crane machine master. I'd win at least something for every 3 bucks worth of trying most of the time. These days though I'm rusty from a lack of machines around where I usually go.

Here are some tips.

1. Don't go for packed in prizes.

2. Use a buddy to get a different point of view. Sometimes you might be lined up perfectly but the crane angle that goes towards and away from you might be off. Have a friend stand next to the machine looking or look over real quick before time runs out to see if you're lined up pefectly to what you're aiming for.

2. Arms and loops. Go for stuffed items with arms and legs that look stiff and in hook fashion. If the crane goes over it just right they will connect like a barrel of monkeys. loops of string that sometimes are on things also work.

3. Don't use sloppy cranes Now you won't know until you play the machine but some machines cranes are so limp it is almost impossible to hook anything. You can usually detect this by the kind of snap the crane has when pulling up. If it looks like really limp just walk away and play another day.

Congratulations. You've wasted your life.
Posted Image

#50 FeuerFrei

FeuerFrei

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:37 AM

#51 miktau

miktau

Carpal'/Tunnel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:28 AM

Yeah being in japan right now i can definatley say there is a lot of skill involved. Also asking the clerk in broken japanese to make it easier helps too lol. Won lots of cool stuffed animals and a famicon clone for only 1500 yen which i think is pretty damn good. Ive see some japanese people pump over 2000 yen just to get one of the prizes i won lol. UFO catchers which are differnt than american claw machines are so addicting, notice only two prongs instead of three, makes the game entirely differnt. You just have to look for the "winnable" prze, an arcade peon wil quickly reset the prize after you win also.

cheers,
Mike

Posted Image

#52 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:52 AM

The crane game prizes in the U.S. suck. What am I going to do with a giant tampon plush? It should have just been a box of tampons. At least I could have bartered it for pretzels, or claim they were used by Dave Coulier and sell them for mega-profit on eBay. What I'm saying is I want a tit plush.

Spoiler

#53 naruto179

naruto179

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:14 PM

The crane game prizes in the U.S. suck. What am I going to do with a giant tampon plush? It should have just been a box of tampons. At least I could have bartered it for pretzels, or claim they were used by Dave Coulier and sell them for mega-profit on eBay. What I'm saying is I want a tit plush.

Spoiler

Actually, I saw those in a store when I was in Japan. They're even better than plushes. They are more like stress balls.

#54 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

Actually, I saw those in a store when I was in Japan. They're even better than plushes. They are more like stress balls.

Those things were everywhere when I was over there. I thought it was funny that places like temples and shrines sell those things in the gift shop. Same thing with that sea weed ball thing with the penis - Makkomorri or whatever it is.

#55 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:44 PM

I'd squeeze it.

#56 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:41 PM

I know this thread is from a long time ago, but I just saw a claw machine full of the same style pac-mans here at Wal-mart (though with a three-pronged claw) and immediately thought of this old thread. Didn't have any change on me to try it out, though.
Posted Image

where scoob

#57 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:49 AM

If you're a part of GameStop's powerup rewards you can actually get this for like 10,000 points

#58 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

It's actually 2950 points right now (about $3 in GameStop points), I'm getting one!
Posted Image

#59 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, I didn't even pay attention to how much it was worth, but that is like no points, so I totally just ordered one!!!

#60 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:20 PM

The one from Gamestop is just a 4-inch plush from the look of it....
The Japanese one is about 8-9-inches tall and is motorized!
Posted Image