Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

*HOT* Ship FIRST-CLASS & MEDIA-MAIL USPS for no monthly fee

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#31 takingchase

takingchase

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:32 PM

so where do you drop these things off? Theres about a million places at the post office that I could stick these at and I'm not sure where to put it.
Posted Image

#32 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:43 PM

so where do you drop these things off? Theres about a million places at the post office that I could stick these at and I'm not sure where to put it.

Stick it in the mailbox if it fits, if not then schedule a pickup, it's free.

Posted Image

#33 supermariomelee

supermariomelee

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:14 PM

Just take it directly up to the counter(even if there is a line). They'll take it no matter if they're helping someone.

As for the guy that was bitching about DC saying it was delivered but the buyer never got it. Did the guy have a apartment address? I've had ones before where it said was delivered and found out the apartment's office was holding the damn package the whole time and never told him about until he asked.

I also know that from experience too with a christmas present this past december. Apparently some mail men are too damn lazy to fill a slip out saying "pick it up at the PO" and just delivers to the apartment's office expecting them to tell you about it.
Posted Image

#34 takingchase

takingchase

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:17 AM

so is it going to be a problem if I use this method to ship to Canada?
Posted Image

#35 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:31 AM

so is it going to be a problem if I use this method to ship to Canada?

I think somebody mentioned this for international shipments (even though canada doesn't really seem international, but it is) you still need to fill out the customs forms, so you'll have to go to the PO for those.

Posted Image

#36 DreamSymphony

DreamSymphony

The Invisible Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:52 AM

If you send to canada, paypal will print out about 5 forms. You keep one, bring the rest to the PO and they'll sort them out for you and put them into a sticker window on the box.

#37 captaincold

captaincold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:31 AM

Man, i've been using this method for like 2+ years now.
Works great.

A couple points i need to make though that may help some people out:

1) Self Adhesive Labels. I bought a box of like 4000 labels off Ebay for less than $10 shipped!!! Like a previous poster stated they have a very small "ups only" mark on them that is barely noticable. These labels are also great for re-using the packaging you get from trades.

2) The label sheets are the same size as regular printer paper but have 2 labels per sheet. When printing at Paypal the actual postage label is printed to one sheet and a receipt(worthless/waste) is printed to the other. There's a box you can check in the "printer options" link or what i do is Cut the sheets in half and feed them to the printer since no matter what i do it still prints reciepts.

#38 takingchase

takingchase

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:54 PM

Man, i've been using this method for like 2+ years now.
Works great.

A couple points i need to make though that may help some people out:

1) Self Adhesive Labels. I bought a box of like 4000 labels off Ebay for less than $10 shipped!!! Like a previous poster stated they have a very small "ups only" mark on them that is barely noticable. These labels are also great for re-using the packaging you get from trades.

2) The label sheets are the same size as regular printer paper but have 2 labels per sheet. When printing at Paypal the actual postage label is printed to one sheet and a receipt(worthless/waste) is printed to the other. There's a box you can check in the "printer options" link or what i do is Cut the sheets in half and feed them to the printer since no matter what i do it still prints reciepts.

You can get them for free if you sign up at the ups website. Or you can get them for free from dhl, at dhl you can only order 50 at a time but at ups you can order tons and tons of them. I probably have upward of 4,000 labels at my house. I used to order lots of them and use them for stencils and graffiti. At the dhl site you can also order bubble mailers and stuff for free. I ususally just black out everything that says dhl and send it out through usps.

heres the link to the supplies page on DHL. you want form 1239 for the shipping labels.

http://sbw.dhl-usa.c...v=OrderSupplies
Posted Image

#39 nonametofame

nonametofame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

A huge thanks for all those who contributed tips and advice to this thread. The link and the free DHL stuff has already saved me lots of $ and time. I just wish I knew about this a few years back.

#40 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 19 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

Sorry for the bump, but I need to tag this.

#41 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:31 AM

marked for future use
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#42 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:34 PM

retagged

#43 bkfsd

bkfsd

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:18 PM

Hey, just wanted to thank you for this post.

I had found it a month ago & went into a panic when I needed to use it again today, but I finally came across it again...better believe I bookmarked it this time!

There's another PRO to using this...you can hide the dollar amount on the postage. I don't like people knowing what I spent on the postage, because there's more than postage to shipping items.

I tried using usps.com's postage center...complete disaster. Due to some mix up, the item got there over a week after it was supposed to (priority) and I don't think I ever actually paid for it...forget about online customer service with them...no one has a clue & they refuse to actually read anything you ask.

This has lots of great uses...returning merchandise, shipping packages to relatives...list is endless. And you can just go to your paypal account to track it. The 14 cents is nothing. If usps lets you track it (they change their rules every other day) its at least 40 cents to do delivery confirmation...so this is cheap.

Thanks again for the great tip!

#44 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2006 - 04:34 PM

tagged again (getting hard to find)

#45 assassinX

assassinX

The ass......assinX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:36 AM

tagged thx op. Ok wait so this gives you free shipping to anywhere in the U.S?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#46 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:39 AM

No, you still have to pay the shipping charges, but there are no fees on top of that.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#47 Sejad

Sejad

Brotherhood of Steel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:17 PM

I remember someone posting this somehwere like a year ago or was it here dont know, anyways I can ship from out of Canada I think too as I remember last time.

#48 Murcielago77

Murcielago77

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:12 AM

bumping this for everybody

Posted Image

#49 argyle

argyle

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:43 AM

I appreciate the bump, I've had to go to the PO whenever I'm shipping media mail but not doing a Paypal transfer - for some reason, they don't let you ship mm through the usps site. This is good info to have. :)

I haven't used the UPS labels, but I think the FedEX Laser labels are perfect for Paypal shipping, they are only one label per a sheet but the label part is completely blank and is the perfect size for a PAYPAL label, and the shipping record prints on the bottom half. Also available for free if you have a FedEX account.

Posted Image

These are exactly the lables I've been using, and they work great. Heh, I print the lables at work, drop them at the front desk and it's a completely worry-free process. MUCH easier than going to the PO, especially since they tend to give me grief about using mm.

I was shipping a bubble envelope of 2 or 3 guides a while back, mm, and the lady asked me what I was shipping. When I told her "books", she replied "BOOKS that BEND????" If she's that amazed by bendable books, wait until she finds out about light bulbs. :-P
Posted Image

#50 ofacto

ofacto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

Bump

#51 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:22 PM

I tried this but it's still forcing me to pay the $1.59 media shipping.
Posted Image

#52 Mojimbo

Mojimbo

Ashes to Ashes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:30 PM

The service is free, not the postage.

Posted Image

#53 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:25 AM

Title says "Ship FIRST-CLASS & MEDIA-MAIL USPS for no monthly free". It didn't say "for free".

#54 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:08 AM

bump because this is awesome and more people should know about it.

still works-- just used it.

#55 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:24 PM

if only I knew about this earlier....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#56 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:12 AM

Bump since I just used this.
Posted Image

#57 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:59 AM

Didn't this used to be sticked?

#58 chewster777

chewster777

Do a barrel roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

Tagged. Now where can I get the weight of things w/o buying a scale?

Prize Rebel - FREE games & accessories!

#59 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

Tagged. Now where can I get the weight of things w/o buying a scale?

You'll need a scale if your going to use this. Plain, and simple. Nothing weighs the same. I've shipped 10 movies one day using the same size bubble mailer and they all had different weights. from 3.8oz to 8oz.

You can go to an office supply store, and find a 10lb scale for about $15 or so. If you do a lot of shipping its worth buying.

#60 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

Please sticky this. It just took me 20 minutes to find it.
Posted Image